|coat of arms||map|
assistance to coat of arms
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 47° 40 ' N, 08° 54 ' O 47° 40 ' N, 08° 54 ' O
|height:||499 m and. NN|
|surface:||28.2 km ²|
|inhabitants:||3729 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||132 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||78337|
|municipality key:||08 3 35 061|
of the local administration:
| Monastery place 1 |
Table of contents
Öhningen consists of the places Öhningen, cheeks, rails and Katz horn.
- 13 millions Years v. Chr.
- „The Öhningium “, a geological layer, develops as part of the upper ones would fresh water-mol-eat and saves magnificent fossils, which Öhningen admits the name weitum will make. Into around 1500 the n. Chr. furnished quarries components, base plates and fuel lime are won. Artists like the sculptor Morinck use the Öhninger of limes as raw material for their famous works of art. Starting from 1708 the petrifying are published and in the consequence to investigate scientists into our time again and again the breaks and to find a multiplicity of petrified animals and plants. Since 1935 the places of discovery stand under nature protection.
- 3825 - 2700 v. Chr.
- Several settlements of the young and Endneolithikums develop at the lakeshore on the today's Gemarkung. 1811 find the Wangener Bauernbub Kaspar Löhle first stone hatchets and stake stumps at the lakeshore with cheeks, which are brought only later (starting from 1854/56) with remnants by human settlements in connection. The modern archaeologists of building of stakes find still further culture layers, among other things the Horgener culture (3300-3000 v. Chr.) and the cord ceramic(s) culture (2700-2600), and different finds from the early until late Bronzezeit (1600 - 800 v. Chr.). Finds are issued in the museum Fischer house in cheeks.
- End of 7. /Anfang 8. Century
- funerals on a alemannischen grave field in the Öhninger won Breitlen. There are Alemanni graves also in rails.
- Öhningen becomes for the first time in a deed of donation of the monastery pc. Gallen as well as far things mentions. The donor Iringus conveys „for the welfare of his soul “everything that he possesses in Öhningen, to the monastery pc. Gallen.
- first mention of rails. The local gentleman Scrot „of Florenz “arranges the establishment of a religious community with the Schienener Michaelkapelle, from which the monastery rails develops. 909 the monastery comes to the Reichenau, appears later than Propstei and comes with the Reichenau 1540 to the bishop von Konstanz, who becomes also lay Mr. von Schienen.
- 10. Century
- Öhningen belongs with large probability of the family of the count Kuno.
- count Kuno „of Öhningen “a Benediktinerkloster in Öhningen donates in honours holy Peter, transfers Paul and Hyppolith (later also Verena) and to the monastery a considerable basic equipment with possessions in many places of the Hegau. Öhningen is one of the many early monasteries at Rhine and Untersee, which make this region a center for religious, in addition, artistic, economic and political life that time.
- first mention of Katz horn and cheeks. Emperor Friedrich Barbarossa gives von Konstanz the Vogtei (lay protection) over the monastery to the bishop. The water castle Katz horn is called in the document. It appears later in the possession of the Propstei Öhningen and afterwards starting from 1444/45 in the possession of the house prince mountain, which keeps the castle until 1857 first as Oberlehenschaft, then in the property.
- 1166 the Schirmvogtei over the Propstei Öhningen is in the possession of the Staufer, but 1191 again with the bishops of Konstanz.
- the castle Marbach, in that mainly the Konstanzer city aristocracy family of Ulm, but occasionally also different noble sexes is mentioned to live. The later lock becomes in 19. Jh. to a sanatorium, then it belongs to the Mannheimer tractor manufacturer Heinrich Lanz, afterwards it serves Luftwaffe and French crew power later as hostel for officers. Today of a donation as comfortable advanced training place is used.
- possessions of the monastery Katharinental in Öhningen are called.
- the Fischer settlement staircases is mentioned, where also a pub is. Staircases is late camps and place of transshipment for the trade in wine, for which 1537 even a depot are provided.
- the Propstei one occupies with Augustiner Chorherren, which remain up to the abolition of the monastery 1805 in Öhningen.
- viticulture are testified for the first time in Öhningen, in cheeks already 1280. In 19. Jh. to two thirds knowing is cultivated and to a third red wine, which is very much praised. 1809 gave it alone in Öhningen a Rebfläche of approximately 90 hectars, 1882 to still 65 hectars, 1905 50 hectars, 1914 30 hectars, 1924 10 hectars, 1960 1.2 hectars and 1965 0.85 hectars. Lately the viticulture enjoys of a small Renaissance about the Untersee.
- 1427 and 1441
- in the city war are pulled Öhningen in.
- 15. Century
- of the Propstei Öhningen succeeds it in the following time to acquire by purchase and donations considerable landed property in Öhningen. Only in this time the castle Oberstaad is to be proven for the first time documentary.
- possession of a municipality Öhningen in the form of pasture are called, 1445 appear also forest and 1561 common land as municipality possession.
- the village Öhningen as municipality appear in the documents, which is led by „the Dreiern “. A mayor arises only 1766 documentary.
- as „municipality “meet for the first time a municipality parliament, which is occupied by Öhningen with twelve persons by the rule and the citizenry each. The municipality possesses later (1802) a city hall in the Endorf, which contains also the school.
- the monastery Öhningen are inkorporiert in high pin Konstanz, i.e. the bishop von Konstanz incorporates the possessions monastery. The monastery chief is not called any more Propst, but Dekan, late Prior and Superior. The monastery remains quite small and counts with the abolition 1805 for only 5 Konventuale. With the monastery also the village Öhningen comes to the bishop von Konstanz, who remains lay gentleman to July 1803.
- for the first time we experience something over the size of Öhningen: 132 houses and eight yard places (without Katz horn and the yards).
- in this time give already it to school teaching for the children of Öhningen, which is given by a choir gentleman of the monastery. Later in 18. Jh. the children are informed by rails in Öhningen. A school restaurant must have existed 1705 ago
- 17. Century
- in this time Jewish families in cheeks establish themselves, from which a Jewish municipality developed, which rises with the exception of 233 members (1865), its own cemetery and a synagog possesses itself, the latters in „the Pogromnacht “1938 by the national socialists is destroyed. 1940 is deportiert 7 Wangener Jews, from whom only 2 is released.
- the predecessor of the today's hotel eagle one calls. To in 20 beginning. Jh. there is still 2 Tafernwirtschaften and besides again and again short-lived shrub managing. 1865 are created a brewery. Öhningen possessed several mills.
- the current city hall are built as seat of the bischöflichen Obervogts in Öhningen.
- conclusion of the Rassleri contract, which specifies the sea-center as border to Switzerland.
- it give the following craftsmen in Öhningen: six Küfer (because of the strong viticulture), four shoemakers, three cutters, ever two carpenters, bar beers, ship farmer, butchers, and Schmiede, and ever Kannengiesser and Glaser.
- Öhningen, rails and cheeks come at bathing, until 1810 to the office Bohlingen, then until 1872 to the office for district Radolfzell and to its dissolution to the office for district, starting from 1939 district Konstanz.
- after the abolition of the Propstei are only created its own Pfarrei in Öhningen.
- the monastery buildings becomes from the state of Baden for 700 flat steel bars. to the municipality sells.
- establishment of a rural credit association and 1902/03 of a tradesman's union.
- the electricity comes to Öhningen.
- the First World War - which pleasures and missed one: Öhningen 43, rails 27, cheeks 36
- the Second World War - which pleasures and missed one: Öhningen 96, rails 24, cheeks 38
- the largest part of the Schienerbergs becomes the landscape protection area. The Evangelist Höri Pfarrei is created, after there is already Protestant Gläubige since 1818 in the place. In former times the guest room in the beautiful view serves 1959
- the Evangelist
- Petruskirche in Katz horn as service area is geweiht.
- 400 m of broad bank strips become the protected area.
- the new mortuary on the cemetery Öhningen one inaugurates on the people mourning day.
- in the total municipality give it to 130 not-agricultural working places with 463 persons employed. The waste water federation Öhningen cheeks is created. One year later is granted the connection to the central purification plant stone on the Rhine.
- numbers of inhabitants: Öhningen 1630, rails 533, cheeks 984, together 3147. The head mistress Veronika flat and the lady doctor Dr. med. Liesel Cordes Ruch become honour citizens of Öhningen.
- to 1975 the today's municipality Öhningen from the combination of in former times independent municipalities Öhningen and cheeks and the incorporation of rails. The Gemeindegebiet covers 2818 hectars. To 2. January takes place the first meeting of the new local council. To 7. April is festively inaugurated Hermann Lohner as a mayor of the new municipality
obligates the reconditioned parish church of Öhningen. In the autumn the kindergarten rails is opened.
- A new municipality coat of arms, which consists of a combination of the coats of arms of the earlier municipalities, receives 1976 the new municipality.
- to 40. Anniversary „of the Pogromnacht “takes place one celebration hour to Gedenkstein for the Wangener synagog.
- after long pre-working the Flächennutzungsplan approves
- to 2. June dies surprisingly the well-known Industrielle and honour citizen Dr. Harsh ore Quandt. A first village celebration is organized in the upper village route.
- old mayor Max of cord and Klara Utt become honour citizens.
- first establishment of contact with the French place Mérinchal, from which an alive partnership develops. Renovation of the brother shank chapel in Öhningen.
- The descriptor recognized tourist place receives 1986 the local part cheeks. The Fischer house in cheeks is opened as museum and shows finds from the Öhninger quarries and of the buildings of stakes.
- the local centre of Öhningen one places under monument protection.
- inauguration of the again reconditioned city hall in Öhningen
(source: Circle archives Konstanz)
of sons and daughters of the municipality
- 1877, 8. January, Carl Diez, † 24. June 1969 in Radolfzell, German politician (CENTER, BCSV), MdR, member of the state presidency of Baden.
- 1883, 11. January, Jacob spades pool of broadcasting corporations (in cheeks), † 1. October 1967 in Konstanz, poet of the German Landjudentums
the find of a Riesensalamanders Andrias scheuchzeri from Öhningen entered history of the paleontology, because it the inhabitant of zurich city physician Johann Jakob Scheuchzer misinterpreted 1726 as skeleton remainder of humans drowned in the Biblical Sintflut.
- Ernst rehearses: Records of the primeval times. Munich 1992
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of the municipality Öhningen
- information to the local part cheeks
Aach | All brook | Bodman Ludwigshafen | Le-sing on the high Rhine | Eigeltingen | Tightnesses | Gaienhofen | Gailingen on the high Rhine | Gottmadingen | Hilzingen | High rock | Konstanz | Moos | Mühlhausen Ehingen | Mühlingen | Öhningen | Orsingen Nenzingen | Radolfzell at the Bodensee | Reichenau | Rielasingen Worblingen | Sing (Hohentwiel) | Steisslingen | Stick oh | Tengen | People-RTS-live