all centuries | other time scales
10. Century | << 11. Century >> | 12. Century
- the Wikinger, led of Leif Erikson, establish some small settlements in North America, which do not survive 50 years around the year 1000.
- Around 1008 Olof Skötkonung, the Swedish king leaves itself,baptize and promotes the establishment of the diocese of Skara. Beginning of the lengthy Christianisierung Sweden.
- The Kalif aluminium-Hakim lets the grave church in Jerusalem destroy to 1009.
- Establishment of the Kamaldulenser - medal around 1012.
- Fall of the Jewish Chasarenreiches around 1016.
- Knut the large one , King over Denmark, becomes 1016 king of England.
- Around 1022: Synode of Pavia. Prohibition of the priest marriage, removal from office of married priests and resolution over the Erbunfähigkeit of the priest children.
- Beginning of the Salierherrschaft in the holy Roman realm by the choice Konrad II.to the German king in the September of the yearly 1024.
- Around 1031 the Reconquista begins in Spain.
- Konrad II. 1037 specifies the heritability of the Lehen by law.
- Around 1051 the Seldschuken Isfahan conquers.
- To 16. July 1054 comes itto the Morgenländi Schisma, splitting the Christianity into orthodox and catholic church.
- The Normannen conquers 1066 England.
- In the battle of Manzikert in western Armenia 1071 defeats the Seldschuken the army of the Byzantine realm and creates the sultanate Ikonion.
- With the establishment of the monastery Sakyapa (“grey earth”) in the year 1073 by Khön Könchog Gyalpo the Sakya begins - school tradition of the Tibetan Buddhismus.
- Pope Gregor VII. write 1075 the Dictatus Papae with which the Investiturstreit begin.
- To 25. May Alfons VI. conquers 1085. Toledo in Spain of the Mauren back.
- Creation of the Domesday Book in the year 1086. It seizes landed property conditions in England.
- The Kingdom of Croatia falls 1091 at Hungary.
- El Cid conquers 1094 Valencia.
- Pope UrbanII. 1096 call to the first crusade .
- The first crusade conquers 1099 Jerusalem.
- from Marpa the translator and its pupil Milarepa the Kagyü proceeds - school of the Tibetan Buddhismus .
- In (central) Europe there are hardly houses from stone. That Aristocracy lives “moths so mentioned “in castles from wood. Around 1050 the building of castles on elevator backs begins. With rope hoists material is transported upward.
- Starting from approximately the year 1000 new churches are established as buildings of stones.
- The waiting castle becomes1067 in area stressed by the monastery Hersfeld built.
- William of the conquerers, English king
- Macbeth, König von Schottland
- Alp Arslan, seldschukischer ruler
- Heinrich IV., German emperor
- Papst Gregor VII. (Hildebrand)
- Khön Könchog Gyalpo, Founders of the Sakya - school of the Tibetan Buddhismus
- Marpa, buddhistischer master and Vorvater of the Kagyü - school of the Tibetan Buddhismus
- Milarepa, buddhistischer master and Vorvater of the Kagyü school of the Tibetan Buddhismus