all centuries | other time scales
13. Century | << 14. Century >> | 15. Century
It is the epoch of the late Middle Ages in Europe.
Table of contents
events and developments
- the crisis 14. Century
- transition from the medieval heat phase to the small ice age
- emergence of the Osmani realm
- A third of the European population dies at for six hundred years the first epidemic disease, the plague - see black death. (First and most serious wave: 1347 - 1351, then irregularly all nine to twelve years with interruptions, to it 1722completely from Europe.) end
- of the Mongolian Yuan dynasty in China and at the beginning of the Ming dynasty ( 1368) disappears
- the Abendländi Schisma of the Roman-catholic church begins 1378 and leads to temporarily three simultaneous Popes.
- Since that the 13. Century developing building huts experience their bloom time.
- Penetration of a modern administration in forming national principalities. In place of the possession lists 13. Century stepped now increasingly arable books, which contained exact descriptions of possession with tenant and interest.
- Around 1320 the gun powder cannon introduction holds into thoseEuropean weapon technology.
- To the century center more than 4,000 monasteries exist in Europe. 1,500, the Franziskanern 1,450, the Cistercians 740 and the Prämonstratensern 450 buildings is added to the medal of the Benediktiner.
- Chess became generally accepted in Central Europe in the social circles.Ruediger one-eats shows in the Manessi song handwriting scenes of the game of chess.
- Albrecht I., German king 1298-1308
- Altichiero there Zevio, painter 1330-1390
- Bonifatius VIII., Pope 1294-1303
- Heinrich V., Vogt of Plauen † around 1364
- Hervorst,Hugo of, Generalvikar in Cologne † 1399
- Karl I., King of Hungary 1308-1342
- Karl I., Duke of Lorraine 1390-1431
- Karl II., King of Hungary 1385-1386
- Karl II., King of Navarra 1349-1387
- Karl III., Kingof Navarra 1387-1425
- Karl IV., King of France 1322-1328
- Karl IV., Emperors 1355-1378
- Karl V., King of France 1364-1380
- Karl VI., King of France 1380-1422
- Leopold III., Duke of Austria 1358-1386
- Leopold IV., Dukeof Austria 1386-1411
- Longchen Rabjam, buddhistischer scholar 1308-1363
- Masolino there Panicale, painter 1383-1447
- Minden, Bertram of, painters approx. 1340-1414/15
- Orcagna, painter 1320-1368
- Perugino, painter 1362-1422
- Rudolf I., Duke of Saxonia 1298-1356
Inventions and discoveries
- correct mixing ratio of the black powder by the monk Berthold black one discovers allegedly in the year 1313.
- In the course 14. Century began to use one the forces of the water and those of the wind actively.
- Another time feeling heldIntroduction into the villages, it came with the invention and introduction of the Turmuhren.
- The farmers received a new means, their fields more economically abzuernten, i.e. the scythe.
- With the invention of the Spinnrades the families received a new earning facility.
- Inthe money economy record keeping was substantially refined. Letters of credit and changes received not least in the hundred-year war their meaning.
- The Arab numbers begin to replace the Roman numbers, thus begin themselves the zero to implement.
works of art and building
- lock Runkelsteinwith Bozen, largest everyday fresco cycle of the Middle Ages 1388-ca.1400.
on the left of
- community of interests humans in the Middle Ages e.V representation of the everyday life in the 14ten century.Mode, household, everyday life life
- Diu Minnezît the Rittertum in paging: Clothes, armament, handicraft, everyday life in the 14ten century
- Elvelüüt Hamborch the time of the Hanse: How did buyers in Hamburg of the 14ten of century look?