all centuries | other time scales
14. Century | << 15. Century >> | 16. Century
events and developments
- in the time of 1403 to 1516 conquer Swiss oath comrade the Tessin.
- 1410 battle of fir mountain polarize (. Green forest). Beginning thatAusschaltung der politischen Macht desDeutschen Ordens in Preußen durch Litauen und Polen
- Das Abendländische Schisma endet 1417.
- Jeanne d'Arc leads the French troops 1429 to a victory against the Englishmen in the hundred-year war.
- Konstantinopel falls 1453 to the Osmani realm.
- The Hussitenkriege takes place 1419 to 1436 in Central Europe.
- Niccolò Machiavelli writes IL Principe.
- 1474 - 1477 takes place the Burgunderkriege , which end with the fall of the house Burgund.
- After nearly 800-jähriger of Muslim rulefalls to 2. January 1492 Granada, the last center of the once large maurischen realm on Spanish soil (conclusion of the Reconquista). Muslims and Jews are driven out.
- Christoph Kolumbus reaches to 12. October 1492 to of the Bahamas the belonging island Guanahaniand thereby America discovers.
- 1493-1519: Maximilian I. (HRR) governs. His surname “the last knight” symbolizes the fall ride ore around.
- The Zulus settle parts today's South Africa.
- The Spanish Inquisition is created.
- Vasco Gama reaches 1498 India there.
- Fall of the Khmer - realm of Angkor, 1431 conquest by the Thai - Kingdom of Ayutthaya
- oldest people play of Germany: Kite pass
- pair dance and under-floor heating are introduced at the high aristocracy.
- Toward end of the century the epidemicful Frenchman illness arises , those starting from 1530 with the term Syphilis is designated.
- the Zentralperspektive Albrecht Dürer, (
- 1471-1528), German painter and commercial artist invents personalities Filippo Brunelleschi.
- Afonso Gonçalves Baldaia, Portuguese sailor and discoverer
- Matthias Green forest, (1470/80 1528), German painter and building master
- of Leonardo da Vinci,(1452-1519) Italian inventor and painter
- Martin Luther, (1483-1546), German Reformator
- Girolamo Savonarola, (1452-1498, Italian Dominikaner and Bussprediger