table of contents
politics and world happening
- 5. January: Duke Ludovico Sforza conquers Milan, its earlier possession, with SwissAssistance back.
- 17. February: In the battle with Hemmingstedt strike Dithmar farmers under guidance of Wulf Isebrand the Danish army
- 10. April: Reichstag to Augsburg one opens. The consultation leads to the publication of a Reichsexekutionsordnung to the enforcement thatJudgements of the realm Court of Appeal and the organization of the realm into six realm circles. The “realm regiment “is introduced.
- 10. April: France takes Ludovico Sforza, the duke of Milan, in shank.
- 22. April: Pedro Álvares Cabral reacheswith its expedition as a probably first European the coast today's Brazil.
- 23. July: Completion of the Basler Münster
- category painting develops
- for Schwabacher writing invented
- 7. February: João de Castro, Portuguese field gentleman and sailor († 1560)
- 24. February: Karl V., Emperors of the holy Roman realm († 1558)
- 3. March: Reginald of poles, archbishop of Canterbury († 1558)
- 12. April: Joachim Camerarius D.A., German human, universal scholar and poet († 1574)
- 23. April: Alexander Alesius, theologian and Reformator († 1565)
- 17. May: Federico II. Gonzaga, duke of Mantua († 1540)
- 5. July: Paris Bordone, Italian painter († 1571)
- 1. August: Johann Rivius, German paedagogue and theologian († 1553)
- 5. September: Maria von Jever, the last Regentin of the rule Jever from the chieftain sex of the Wiemkens († 1575)
- 3. November: Benvenuto Cellini, Italian sculptor and Goldschmied († 1571)
- Pedro de Valdivia, Spanish Konquisitator
- Ditmar Koel captain, successful pirate hunter and from 1548 to 1563 mayors of Hamburg († 1563)