all centuries | other time scales
1. Century | << 2. Century >> | 3. Century
Table of contents
- the Roman realm reaches under the rule of the five foster emperors Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius, the bloom time of its development: its expansion reaches the road system from Persian Gulf to the Atlantic, enclosure also over 75.000 km almost the double of the earth extent. It accommodates nowapproximately 100 million inhabitant, a number late never the more one will reach.
- In the empire China is invented the paper and thus the condition thought and experiences in uncomplicated way to lay down to pass on and keep. A crucial foundation-stone for the advancementis put to the human culture.
politics & social order
- the Hadrianswall designated after emperor Hadrian becomes in the 1. Quarter one 2. Century finished; it serves for the safety device of the Roman properties in Britannien
- the Chinese Han dynasty loses its actual power over the country with the rebellion of the yellow Turbane into the 180ern, while numerous province governors and generals ascend to powerful being lords
wars & revolutions
midwives become on an equal footing in the Roman realm
- Hadrian, Roman emperor of Spanish origin. Securedthe realm in peaceful way and returned nearly all conquests Trajans again; Roman physician from Syria led with the slave laws for the protection as first beginnings
- of a general human right archie gene . Founder of the dentistry
- Soranos, Roman physician from small Asia. Founder of the scientific woman medicine and birth assistance
- Antoninus Pius, Roman emperor from Gallien. Like Hadrian an advocate of the peaceful safety device of the realm. The pursuit of humans for faith reasons forbade and extended the rights of the slaves
- Marks of Aurel, Roman emperor. First emperor, that the Regierungsgewalt (with his brother as Nebenkaiser) divided
- Galen, Greek natural scientist and body physician of Marks of Aurel
- Herodes Atticus, Greek-Roman speaker, politician and Mäzen.
- Marcus Cornelius Fronto, Roman Grammatiker, speakerand lawyer.
- Ptolemäus, Greek mathematician, astronomer and geographer from Egypt. The rückschrittliche geocentric conception of the world set up by it set by
- Julianus Salvius, Roman lawyers from North Africa
- Septimius Severus, Roman emperor of African origin
- Ardaschir, Persian kingand founders of the Persian large realm
- Montanus, priest from small Asia and appointed Welterlöser
- Kalixt I., former Roman slave and later bishop Roms
- Caracalla, Roman emperor and brother murderer born
- Hua ton, the inventor of the Narkose is born
Some the listed personalities toward end of the past century were born and are already specified nevertheless here; others again were however only specified in this century to be born in the next century. This therefore agitates that it as criterion forthe admission entscheident was not whether the birth year into this century falls, but whether the main work and working of the person took place in this century. Certainly a clear demarcation of this kind is not always possible.
science, research,Inventions & discoveries
- Ptolemäus the Ptolemäi conception of the world with the earth develops as center of the universe
- the Chinese Cai Lun invents the paper
- in Rome the soap from fat, potash and burned lime develops
- the Indian recognizes sugars inUrine as disease character
- the scientific dentistry around 114 justified of archie gene
- in outgoing 2. Century in Alexandria the Dampfkochtopf invented
- around 185 discovers Kleomedes that the mantle of air of the earth bends the sunbeams