all centuries | other time scales
3. Century | << 4. Century >> | 5. Century
Table of contents
- the Christianity becomes in the year 380 by Theodosius I. as the state religion in the Roman realm explains (edict Cunctos populos). This the Christianity in the furtherProcess power and possession furnishing development, was considerably already set for the large one by Konstantin on. But thereby the rapidly progressing fall of the Roman realm cannot be stopped.
- From Central Asia the Hunnen immigrates to Eastern Europe and bases in Richly. They displace those so far there residents of peoples and set a people migration in motion, which leads the Goten as a first large people to south Europe.
- Of India Dichtkunst occurs his classical phase.
- So far writingless Japan takes over from Chinathe writing and further aspects of the Chinese culture.
- an independent celtic church develops and exists in 6. Century away
- in the first council of Nicäa (325) becomes that arianisch - athanasische faith controversyin favor of the athanasischen tri rivet RK teachings settled and an obligatory date for Easter fixed.
- The Greek Byzantion is raised 326 from Konstantin under the name Konstantinopel to the capital of the Roman realm and to the residence. The transfer of the capital causes a Hellenisierungthe Roman dock ore around, the developing Byzantine yard ceremony surrounds the emperor with a göttlichen nimbus.
- the old person Peter church in Rome, the most well-known earlyChristian Basilika, of Pope Silvester geweiht
- bishop Wulfila writes around 360 in eastern Central Europe forthe Goten the Wulfilabibel. This Bible translation is the oldest written excessive quantity of a Germanic language, for which Wulfila develops a new writing instead of the runes. It is based on Greek and Roman letters - with runes for those gothical sounds, thosein none of the two languages occurred (for example English th). Of the Wulfilabibel are from Italy coming handwriting 6. Century receive (new will and parts of the old person of will). The most well-known of these copies is the Codex Argenteus, that todayin the university library Uppsala is kept.
- In the battle of Adrianopel (378) the Goten destroys the Roman army. Emperor Valens falls in the fight, but can be successor Theodosius the political equilibrium to repair. The Goten settles as autonomousFöderaten today's Bulgaria.
- Chrocus (ca.260-3?) 306 was involved in the collection from Konstantin to the Caesar.
- Konstantin (about 280 - 337), Roman emperor (starting from 306). Byzanz (“Konstantinopel”) made the capital of the Roman Imperiums andput thereby the foundation-stone for the emergence of an independent “east realm “. Deceit crucially to the fact that the Christianity became state religion. Law issued Axid (about 291 - 347 to the protection of slaves and led
- successful wars in the indication of the cross), North African freedom fighter. The quasi-communist revolutionary movement of the “Circumcellionen “created and fought including Christian ideals for the exploited slaves, farmers and workers of its country. Ermanarich (305 - 370
- ) was subject, to king against the Roman realmthe Ostgoten starting from 350. Some the southRussian Gotenvölker and realm founder. Defeated Slawen, Finns and Teutons and also Roman armies, was subject however against the Hunnen
- Schapur II. (309 - 379), king of Persia. Bekämpfer of the Christianityand promoters of the Persian Zarathustra - religion. Increase and/or receives Wulfila against Rome and against the Hunnen and so its realm successfully fought
- could (lat. Ulfilas; about 310 - 382), first bishop of the Westgoten (Wisigoten, Terwingen). It bekehrte it to arianischen Christianity. It invented a new writing for the gothical language, which had been written so far in Germanic runes. It was a modification of the Greek writing with some latin letters
- Martin of route (lat. Martinus), (* around 316/317 in Sabaria/Pannonien; † 8. November 397), third bishop of route and French nationalholy. It acknowledged 356 by Christian conviction its war service as a Roman officer and 372 to the bishop of route was geweiht. It appliesas link between Rome and the Franconia realm.
- Ammianus Marcellinus (* around 330 in Antiochia/Syria; † around 395), Roman historian. He was beside Prokopios of Caesarea of most important late ancient times historical writer
- Julian Apostata (331 - 363), Roman emperor starting from 360. If redundant civil servant dismissed thousands, and arranged the schooling lowered the taxes. Conditions as Bewunderer of philosophy the Christianity rejecting opposite
- Ambrosius (* about 339 in Trier, † 4. April 397 in Milan), church teachers andBishop of a Roman
- realm united of Milan Theodosius, the “ Gotenfreund” (about 347 - 395), Roman emperor of Spanish origin (379 - 395) and last ruler. After serious illness strict creditor Christian, he set finally the Dreifaltigkeitsdogma of thatGöttlichkeit Jesu by
- Balamir (also Balamber, about 350 - 404), king of the Hunnen. Urge over the Volga forwards and destroyed the realm of the Alanen at Terek, Kuban and at the lower Don. It defeated Ermanarichs with its rider armiesagain-created Ostgotenreich and forced it to army sequence and tribute. Founder of the first Hunnenreichs on European soil
- Gratian (about 359 - 383), Roman emperor (375 - 383). Under the influence of the Ambrosius he does without on that so farfrom the emperor office of the “upper priest” dressed and made the Christianity controlling power in the realm disintegrating
- Stilicho (365 - 408), Roman field gentleman and statesman. After the death of Theodosius regent of west Rome. Defeated Alarich the king of the Westgoten andalso in the realm breaking in Teuton and Ostgoten. Sealed with its territorial claim at east Rome the final division of the Roman realm
- Alarich I. (about 374 - 410), king of the Westgoten. Leader of the rebellion of 391, defeats Theodosius. After changingWar luck of the Westgoten conquest of Rome and death 410
inventions and discoveries
- in India are developed a technology for tubing sugar production; juice from the Zuckerrohr is pressed and thickened by cooking.
- Muscle power drive is replaced by water power; around 363a sawmill operated with water power develops to the Ruwer, around 390 by Wassermühlen is reported, which propel a stone AEG work to the Rur (Belgium).
- the demo tables writing in Egypt by the Greek writing one displaces.
- around 379 the Korean does not bring Wa-ever the writing from the Empire of China to Japan
- around 380 becomes in China under the Jin dynasty the use ship compass usually.
- around 385 emperors Theodosius leads already already far the saddle longer well-known in Asia inEurope.
- Ammianus Marcellinus: The Roman world realm before the fall (library of the old world), translates of Otto Veh, Munich Zurich 1974 (m.w.N.)