- fishing rods, Saxonia and jutes, which came on requests Vortigerns to Britannien, from the sovereignty of the British and own anglo-saxon kingdoms separate base. Starting from 450 - Immigration of the British from Britannien into Brittany due to the attacks that, designated after them, fishing rod Saxonia.
- 28. July 450 : Theodosius II., eastRoman emperor since 408 (* 401), dies after 42 government years. Its successor becomes Markianos. That stops the tribute achievements to the Hunnen ; thereupon Attila orients itself westward.
- Summer (20. June or 20. September) 451 - in the battle on the Katalauni fields the Hunnen is struck back under Attila by the Roman general Aetius and the Westgoten. The westgothical king Theoderich I. falls, its successor becomes Thorismund. Attila alreadyin the following year an enormous army to Italy;Aquileia will become destroyed, Padua, Bergamo, Brescia, November era, Milan and Pavia conquered, emperors Valentinian III. Ravenna flees to Rome from its residence. Attila became by Pope Leo without a sword caper of itdiverted to attack Rome but nevertheless it is accepted that he brought large streams of refugees with his Durchmarsch on. After the excessive quantity also the establishment of Venice is to be due to the Hunnensturm, before which one fled oneself into the lagoons.
- 8. October - 1. November 451 - Ökumeni council of Chalcedon: The monophysitischen resolutions of the “Räubersynode “of 449 are explained for invalid. Confirmation of the nicänischen Glaubensbekenntnisses. Pope Leo I. an honour priority before the Patriarchen of Konstantinopel is entitled.
- 453 - Beginning of the decay of the Hunnenreichs after death Attilas. The remainders of the Hunnen withdraw themselves into the steppe areas north the black sea , where Attilas of sons with the Kutriguren, Onoguren and Utriguren develop own rule, those finallythe Bulgaren and Chasaren follow.
- 454 - In the battle to the Nedao the Gepiden among Ardarich and the peoples of the Skiren, Rugier, Sueben, Heruler, and Ostgoten the remainders of the Hunnen under Attilas son Ellac, allied with them, succeedto drive out and its brothers finally from Hungary. 30,000 Hunnen, among them Ellac, find death. The Ostgoten under Walamar and/or. Theodemir are settled on the right of the Danube in the Roman realm.
- 31. May 455 - The straight only to the emperor proclaimedPetronius Maximus is killed by the people quantity in Rome. The Führerlosigkeit of the Romans and the chaos in the city use the Vandalen to the attack and for the two-week plundering of Rome.Geiserich kidnaps thereby the empress widow Licinia Eudoxia and their daughters Eudokiaand Placidia to Africa.
- around 459 - The eastgothical prince Theoderich the large one comes as a hostage to the yard Leos I. in Konstantinopel.