Adolph Schroedter (* 28. June 1805 in Schwedt/or; † 9. December 1875 in Karlsruhe) was a German painter and commercial artist of the Düsseldorfer in such a way specified painter school and is considered as a pioneer of the German Comics.
Table of contents
Adolph Schroedter were born 1805 as a son of a Kupferstechers. He learned the Kupferstecherkunst since 1820 in Berlin as a pupil of the commercial artist Ludwig book horn, dedicated themselves however since 1827 to the painting at the citizens of Berlin academy of arts and went 1829 to William from Schadow to Duesseldorf, where he remained until 1848. Whereupon it lived in Frankfurt/Main, however 1854 returned to Duesseldorf.
1859 received a call to Schroedter as a professor of the ornamental art to the Karlsruher polytechnic institute and remained it until 1872. 1854 had the Grand Duke of bathing, Friedrich I., which art school grossherzoglich of Baden in Karlsruhe based and as her first director the landscape painter Johann William Schirmer from Duesseldorf appoint. This 1855 Ludwig of the Coudres followed as a professor for figure painting and 1858 Carl Friedrich Lessing as a director of gallery.
Adolph Schroedter was married since 1840 with Alwine Heuser (1820-1892) from Gummersbach, which admits even as flower and an arabesque painter became. Their older sister, IDA Heuser, became 1841 the wife of the painter Carl Friedrich Lessing. A daughter Schroedters, Malwine, married 1871 the painter and later director of the royal academy of the arts in Berlin, Anton von Werner.
- 1831: The dying abbott
- 1832: Those mourning Lohgerber, oil on wood (Frankfurt/Main: Urban gallery in Städel Kunstinstitut), where it persiflierte the sentimental direction of the Düsseldorfer school
- 1832: The Weinprobe (national gallery in Berlin)
- 1833: Rheini pub (national gallery in Berlin)
- Thaten and opinions of the Mr. Piepmeyer, Zeichnungen: Adolph Schroedter, text: Hermann Detmold, Carl Jügel: Frankfurt/Main 1849 (numbers 1-6 and book)
- 1851: Malvolio with Olivia
- a set from paintings and illustrations to scenes from “Don Quichotte “, which several representations of the Falstaff anreihen themselves equally; furthermore episodes from “Muenchhausen “,” Till Eulenspiegel “,” much noise around nothing “; then fist in Auerbachs cellar (1848), the Rattenfänger of Hameln (1851), two monks in the monastery cellar (1863), Hans Sachs (1866) and. A.
Adolf Schrödter possessed an uncommonly versatile talent. It worked satisfactorily as a painter, as Illustrator of humoristic seals, as Kupferstecher, Radierer, woodcut draughtsman and a Lithograph, as political Satiriker and writers, as Botaniker, Bluemist and a creator of the most delightful ornamentations and arabesques. It is somewhat angularly and baroque in the design, but always spiritful, ingeniously and from a unversiegbaren ingenuity. It belonged to the luckiest representatives of a healthy humor. Its view of the Don Quichotte became typical. To the mono gram S. had. the Pfropfenzieher chooses, which it in an original sheet: the dream of the bottle, allegorisch gentleman-light.
It shone also in friesartigen compositions, how: Rheini Bauernkirchweih (painted on gilded zinc sheet, 22 m long, 65 cm highly, 1847), the triumph course of the king wine (1852), Rhine wine, May drink, Punsch and Champagner (1852), the four seasons (1854, gallery to Karlsruhe), which it in water color implemented, and. A. Also it supplied illustrations to “Peter Schlemihl”, Musäus' “people fairy tale”, Uhlands works etc. and to Detmolds “life and Thaten of the delegate beep Meier” (1848). It wrote: “Drawing as aesthetic education means” (Frankf. 1853) and a “school gave the water color painting” (Brem. 1871) out.
Web on the left of
- entry in the ADB
Commons: Adolf Schrödter - pictures, videos and/or audio files
person data NAME Schroedter, Adolph ALTERNATIVE NAME SHORT DESCRIPTION of German painters and commercial artist of the Düsseldorfer in such a way specified painter school and is considered as a pioneer of the German Comics DATE OF BIRTH 28. June 1805 PLACE OF BIRTH Schwedt/or DYING DATE 9. December 1875 DYING PLACE Karlsruhe