Albrecht V. (Bavaria)
It promoted the arts and justified the art collections in Munich. It appointed the famous musician Orlando di Lasso, furthermore painter and Kupferstecher to its yard. It developed large splendour and wasteful luxuryand loaded itself thereby with tremendous debts (½ Mill.Flat steel bar.), although it pressed the country by editions.
In the church question it arose under the influence of the Jesuiten ever more strictly against the lutherischen innovations and exterminated it gradually completely. It was thatEducator and guardian of Philipp II. of bathing, the later Mark count von Baden, as well as its sister Jakobe of bathing, the after times duchess Jülich Kleve mountain.
Albrecht V. 1546 Anna ( 1528-1590) married, the daughter of emperor Ferdinand I..Together they had the following descendants:
- Karl (1547)
- William V. (1548-1626)
- Ferdinand (1550-1608) - marries (morg.) with Marie Pettemberg; Descendant: Count von Wartenberg (until 1736)
- Maria (1551-1608) - Karl marries II. with ore duke.
- Maximiliana Maria (1552-1614)
- Friedrich (1553-1554)
- Ernst (1554-1612), archbishop of Cologne
Web on the left of
- haven RK gallery Bavaria house of Bavarian history:
- entry (inclusive Literature data) in the biographic-bibliographic church encyclopedia (BBKL)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||duke by Bavaria|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. February 1528|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|
|DYING DATE||24. October 1579|