To table of contents
after the study in Berlin and Bonn in the disciplines philosophy and history of art attained a doctorate it 1914 in Munich about “the problem of the general validity in Kant's aesthetics”. Starting from 1924 he teaches to the Habilitation in Dresden as a private lecturer at the technical university Dresden, becomes there 1928 extra full professor and 1929 full professor. In the year 1933 it will appoint to a chair for philosophy and political Pädagogik as a director at the university of Berlin and develops this. After Ernst Niekisch it wrote in the first classes of the magazine “resistance” under the alias “Leopold Martin” and “wolf Ecker” contributions (4).
Already to the realm tag elections of 1932 Baeumler with other philosophers had itself openly for the choice to the NSDAP admits (1, S. 27). Originally Baeumler was close Bündi and the young-conservative , turned however then to the national socialism. In the year 1933 he requested at the 1. May the admission into the NSDAP (1, S. 203). To 10. May 1933 holds its start lecture for Baeumler in the context of its Kollegs “science, university, state” in the lecture-room 38 the citizen of Berlin university. The large lecture-room was overcrowded, and the largest part of the students had appeared in the uniform the SA. At the beginning of the lecture a student flag arrangement with the swastika banner invaded.
Then the course of the torch/flare carriers is formed, however without Baeumler at the point (like numerous cranks gladly state) to the opera place. There so the Völki observer results, symbolically the “ German spirit” from burn of 20.000 books. 1934 demand Baeumler as student ideal the “political soldier” (2), the mechanism of “man houses” and the exclusion of the “female-democratic”. Martin Heidegger criticized both Baeumler and Ernst Krieck, since it lacks their conceptions depth, because they wanted to carry out the nationaleducational example of the “political soldier” by outward training programs and military training.
To 50. Birthday of Adolf Hitler writes Baeumler 1939 a contribution in the anniversary publication “German science”. At this time Ernst Krieck and Baeumler applies “as the two prominent philosophers of the national socialism” (3). Realm Minister Alfred rose mountain had appointed 1934 Baeumler the “office leader of the office science of the assigned one of the leader for the monitoring of the mental training and education of the NSDAP”, whereby he worked as a contact man of rose mountain to the universities. In this sense Baeumler worked also as a publisher of the “international magazine for education” and starting from 1936 of the magazine “world view and school”.
to the Nietzsche expenditure
at expiration of the period of protection it brought a wide-spread Nietzsche expenditure out , which contains also deduction texts in selection in the Alfred crowning he publishing house. Later (1943) this edition was meaningfully opened for clear register volume of the librarian Richard Oehler by .
from the year 1942
- Baeumler shows educational-philosophical opinions in
the LV field of vision race as fundamental idea of the educating science in this writing, how in the LV regime the terms of the race and the transmission possess outstanding meaning and size. Further it points out that the term of the flexibility of humans was understood wrong so far. This proof is to be furnished by the race thinking. He sees a further obstacle in the prejudice of the Intellektualismus. In its opinion the Intellektualismus assumes:
1. that humans as pure, i.e. indefinite plant (tabula rasa) to the world comes; 2. that the environment has power to write on this board what wants it; 3. that the organ, with which humans refer to the world, which is intellect; 4. that acting humans is led by the intellect and therefore by influence of the intellect crucially to be affected is.
From this intellektualistischen acceptance the term of the unrestricted flexibility was derived. The educating science does not proceed from real humans, the educating goal actually is humans, as it never gave it and will never give. The success of the education results from the correct application of the means. All educating theory does not possess reason and a soil, if it would not support itself by secured scientific people customer. The opponents life and rassekundlichen educating science would work still with a historically overhauled people customer. It would depend on the correct relationship of intelligence and a character. From this realistic theory would arise for the education.
Therefore it from greatest importance would be to form a character and intelligence. In rassekundliche thinking did not become a principle of the unrestricted flexibility the principle of the limited flexibility opposite, but thus only the true principle of the flexibility was discovered. The unit of the character does not exist in its static-resting nature, but in its dynamically moved moments. It is the unit of the direction. This unit the education follows; never this unit over intellect and environment is to be brought out.
From the relatively indefinite direction the task of the education rises from the unit. Only by the screen end effect of the others arrives the soul at itself, becomes it, which it is. At the end of the education the clear certain form, the form of the type stands. And to this it arrives only, by being educated by the community. With the insight into the impossible term also the term of each restriction purges to the unrestricted education by educational measures:
The Limitation is not an invention of the rassekundlichen educating science, but a feature of humans.
- The German school and its teacher
in this writing from the year 1942 describe Baeumler, what it understands under political Pädagogik. With the fact he states that the “dictionary of the pitying love” would not be to the national socialist at the disposal. It interprets the word “again” and maintains thereby contents, which it never gave in this simple explanation. Pestalozzi and kind of harsh are for it classical samples, which were only over-bid by the “recent time”. The role of the teacher is to be set from the political one “in motion”. The Pädagogik could not take over this role. For it historical epochs of the harvest are only suitable that a mental content reaches “that degree of its Durchformung, in which it become teachable”.
“Also the National Socialist age will bring out the school, which is spirit of its spirit, but we must be conscious that we stand at the beginning of the new education ". Only after the new conception of the world of artists and philosophers experienced its “Durchformung”, it as subjects one hand over to the school. By achieving the conception of the world however the school is impossible. Thus the school results as object and a mediator of the Durchgeformten from yesterday with Baeumler. On the other hand he sees the school than a place, the sense and content from the struggling community receives, with which she also necessarily participates in the historical on and starting from the things. Thus it is no longer independent of the life, but a piece of völkischen and historical life, and it cannot extract itself from its laws any longer.
- The new teacher formation
in this writing from the year 1942 concerns itself Baeumler with the reorganization of the teacher formation. It proceeds from the teacher educational establishment (LBA), which took the final form now after the decision of Adolf Hitler. It erkärt this measure with “necessities for the national existence” and “conditions of the thing”. It expresses without representing it, indirectly that the Pädagogik became only the product of the crushing LV ideology.
For it in the training of the teachers the conception of the “camp” stands right at the top, where a “educational atmosphere” prevails. Without describing this LV conception more near, it is sufficient to state the relevant vocabulary: “Community lives”, “experience”, “internal sympathy”, school camps”, “readiness”, “admiring heart”, “miracles”, “talk would be called zerreden”, “air of educational life” among other things
In this atmosphere the clear penetration of the conceptualness is missing to the National Socialist and unsettled feeling world. Because this is the basis, from which the German youth in its education of the perspective of völkischen experiencing and objective is led using the connection to the content of the native country to the fight and to appropriate “victims” for the National Socialist ideas.
writings by Alfred Baeumler
- Kant criticism and judgement. Its history and systematics, volume 1, 1933
- brook furnace of the Mythologe of the romance, 1926 (new edition as the mythische world age, 1965 with new epilog brook furnace and religion history)
- Hegels philosophy of the spirit and philosophy of law
- Nietz, the philosopher and politician, 1931
- aesthetics, manual of philosophy
- studies to German history of ideas, 1937
- manual of philosophy, 1931 (with Manfred Schröter)
- which means Hermann Wirth for the science? , Hrsg., 1932
- manual of the German teacher formation, (Hrsg.)
- the political student, in: The German student, number 1, S. 3-9
- (2) man federation and science, 1934
- the realm as act. Speech with the celebration of establishment of realm of the Friedrich William university Berlin to 18. January 1934
- politics and education. Speeches and essays, 1942
- race as fundamental idea of the educating science, in: Education and community, 1942, S. 81-85
- the German school and its teacher, in: Education and community, 1942, S. 98-108
- the new teacher formation, in: Education and community, 1942, S. 74-80
- education and community, 1942
- world democracy and national socialism, 1943
- Alfreds rose mountain and the myth 20. Century, 1943
- the Irrationalismusproblem in the aesthetics and logic 18. Century up to the criticism of the judgement, 1967 (new edition of “Kant's criticism and judgement”).
- Thomas Laugstien: Philosophy conditions in German fascism. Publishing house the argument, Hamburg 1990, ISBN 3-88619-169-9 (A. de Benoiste: Who talks about “German fascism”, the language Stalins speaks!)
- Smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Krummel: Nietz and the German spirit. DeGruyter, Berlin, volume 1.: Propagation and effect of the Nietze work in the German linguistic area up to the death year of the philosopher, 1974, ISBN 3-11-004019-0
- Ernst Nolte: To the typology of the behavior of the university teachers in the third realm. In: From politics and Zeitgschichte, supplement B 46/65 to the weekly paper “the parliament” of 17. November 1965
- Armin Mohler: The conservative revolution in Germany 1918-1932. A manual. Acre publishing house, Graz 2002, ISBN 3-902475-02-1, S. 479
- Christian Tilitzki: The German Universitätsphilosohie in the Weimar Republic and in the third realm. To academy publishing house, Berlin 2002, ISBN 3-053647-8
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Alfred Baeumler in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German philosopher and paedagogue|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19. November 1887|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||new city at the board spruce|
|DYING DATE||19. March 1968|
|DYING PLACE||Eningen with Reutlingen|