a aviation alliance is a co-operation of different aviation enterprises (airlines). The enterprises, co-ordinate themselves however elements remain legally independent such as bookkeeping systems, many flier programs or connection flights, and letting mutually seats in their airplanes (code-shed).
Alliances between airlines become above allalso in an educated manner, because the aviation right is national organized. So are for instance between different states of the European union and the USA open so in each case mentioned Sky agreements into force, which permit transatlantic air traffic between the respective countries only for airlines of the contracting parties. So may toExample only US-American and French Fluglinen a connection between the USA and France offer. In the example Lufthansa on this market would be impossible, can however over code-sheds with the American alliance partner United Airlines nevertheless such distances to offer.
Due to the national structure of the present agreements becamea transnational fusion of airlines a part of their landing rights lose these. Despite smaller saving possibilities alliances usually preference is therefore given.
From view of the passenger such alliances can bring also disadvantages with itself, if e.g. the transport not by by the passenger the actually bookedAirline, but another enterprise of the alliance with if necessary. worse service takes place.
Table of contents
- expanded services and optimized organization
- cost reduction through code-sheds, commonMechanisms (sales office, maintenance, Catering, computer systems), common personnel body), advantages with the purchase because of higher acceptance and halving of the costs with the many flier program
- smaller price of services
- more selection of flight segments and connection types
- shorter travel times by optimized offers (cross-linking).
- Guidance only many flier program, thereby
- faster structure of many flier miles
- redemption of the free flights at an airline
- it does not only have to be taken a high administrative expenditure in purchase (tunings, measures etc.)
- it develops i.w.S. administrativecover, i.e. more took part in processes
- price leveling on higher level
it gives the following three large international aviation alliances: