|of the titles of this article is ambiguous. For further meanings see anatomy (term clarifying).|
Anatomy (out Greek ανά, aná up and τομή, tomé cut) is a subsection of the morphology. It is in the medicine and/or. Human biology (Anthropotomie), Zoologie (Zootomie) and Botanik (Phytotomie) the science of the structure of the organisms. Shape, situation and structure by parts of the body, organs, fabrics or cells are regarded. Pathological anatomy is concerned with diseased changedParts of the body. Microscopic anatomy is concerned with the finer biological structures up to the molecular level and tied to biochemistry .
To table of contents
Historicalcave painting. It is extremely amazing that these humans were already concerned with the Trepanation of heads, whereby probably neither thoseDesigns at the cave walls still the opened heads medical goals pursued.
Only later Alexandria a center of the research and scientific culture developed many hundred years in the Greek port. Its infrastructure attracted artists and scientists from far on,under them also Claudius Galenus from Pergamon. He was an outstanding physician and Anatom. Which makes it however the historical phenomenon, is the fact that it succeeded to it to block the medical progress for centuries. Probably may itwhen earnings/services are taken into account, the medical knowledge of its time to have systematically arranged and in over 400 writings have represented, he was however no creative researcher. He knew everything and knew themselves to sell. Its entire work is full self praiseand Polemik against other physicians, and up to Hippokrates he did not let anybody apply “beside itself”.
Unbelievable thirteen long centuries anatomy did not make like at all the entire medicine considerable progress, one gave oneself with the copying of old writings, mainly for thoseGalens, contently. Only in the Renaissance these thinking structures were broken through by particulars. Andreas Vesalius was it, which could shake over centuries hardly the analyzed faith sets for the indignation of its colleagues for the first time again. Its work revolutionized the medicine of its time and makesit to the founder of modern anatomy.
Anatomy took a high value in the forming arts, sections at humans and animals belonged to the basic training of the students. Artists such as Michelangelo, Raffael, Dürer and Leonardo brought years with thatStudy of the human body too, whereby latter in its scientific accuracy exceeded the Vesalius born only later. The close co-operation of artists and Anatomen let medical writings of unusually high quality develop.
- Ralf Vollmuth: “The anatomical age”, publishing house new Merkur Munich 2004, ISBN 3929360705
- to anatomy of humans
- nomenclature (anatomy)
- comparative anatomy, evolution theory
- macroscopic anatomy
- describing anatomy
- systematic anatomy
- topographic anatomy
- Embryologie, Histologie
- list of the important medical profession andPhysicians,
- Plastination - preparations for training and information purposes
Web on the left of
|Commons: Anatomy - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
|Wiktionary: Anatomy - word origin, synonyms and translations|
|Wikibooks: Gray's Anatomy - learning and teaching materials|
- Internet Atlas of the medical faculty thatUniversity to Cologne
- on-line course anatomy (video) and Histologie (English)
- interactive on-line course anatomy (English)
- Artificial Anatomy - informative side of the Smithsonian national museum OF History (English)
- Anatomy OF the human Body (English)
- the golden section including examples outArt, architecture and human anatomy
- Anatomia - scanable collection of 4.500 anatomical illustrations the Thomas's Fisher rare Book LIBRARY (English)