the articulation place ( the articulation place) marks those relatively immovable places in the mouth area, which represent the movement goal for the relatively mobile articulation organs (tongue, lower lip, Glottis) in the phonetics with the articulation of language sounds.
Between articulation place and - organ is formed a bottleneck or a catch, whereby a konsonantischer sound develops. In the broadest sense one calls also the bottleneck likewise articulation place.
sounds can be differentiated according to articulation places:
- A Labial (exolabial, endolabial) is formed at the lips. More exactly said: the mobile lower lip forms a tightness or a catch at the Oberlippe, for the articulation place.
- A Dental becomes with the teeth (lat. dentes) in an educated manner.
- An alveolar is formed for the alveoles at the tooth dam .
- Post office alveolar behind the tooth dam one forms.
- A Palatal becomes at the front, hard palate (lat. palatum durum) in an educated manner.
- A Velar becomes at the palate gel (lat. velum palatinum) in an educated manner.
- A Uvular becomes under participation of the Gaumenzäpfchens (lat. uvula) in an educated manner.
- A Pharyngal is formed in the throat area Pharynx.
- A Epiglottal is formed to the Epiglottis.
- A Glottal is formed at the glottis, the Glottis.
By indication of the kind of articulation, the articulation place, the Artikulator and the presence and the nonexistence of voice leave themselves Consonant ones to some extent sufficiently describe: the English th in “thing” is for example a be correctless, apiko dentaler Frikativ, i.e. a be correctless fricative, which is formed by approximation of the tongue point (apiko) to the teeth.