Table of contents
at the age of seven years began parts musical educationand with 14 years it already wrote its own compositions. When it studied composition at the conservatoire in Tallinn, about it it was said that „he vibrated notes completely simply from the sleeve “(„he just seemed tons of shake his sleeves and of noteswould case out “).
There were not musical developments of outside of the Soviet Union apart from some illegal photographs.
One can divide parts work into two different sections. Its admittingness has to owe part however above all the second creative period.
Its early workwas subject to influences of Schostakowitsch, Prokofjew and Bartók and can be called neoclassical. Subsequently, part experimented with beautiful mountain twelve-audio engineering (Dodekaphonie) and the musical Serialismus. This music not regarded in the Soviet Union as system conformal and also for part placedthese music directions a creative dead end. A deep crisis followed, in which part regarded its past works critically.
After a long creative break it concentrated on early music, in order to examine the roots of western music. Worked Gregorian singing and the occurrence of the Polyphonie in the Renaissance strongly on it. At the same time it recognized its Spiritualität and joined the Russian-orthodox church. In its second work phase it followed its own music style, which it „tintinnabula “(bells of the bells)calls. Simple harmonies, often only individual notes, determined its compositions, which are rhythmically simple; Influences of the early western music are definitely audible. In addition use it mainly latin or slawische texts.
Unusually for a modern composer, part enjoys of a largePopularity. Part says that its music is such as light, which seems by a prism: For each listener it sounds somewhat differently and shows thereby the whole spectrum of musical experience, like a rainbow.
For the olympic winter plays 2006 in Turin Arvo part composed the hymn.
- canon Pokajanen
- Fratres (1976, many different versions and Orchestrierungen)
- Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten (1977)
- width unit Deum
- Orient & Occident
- Festina Lente
- Tabula Rasa
- mirror in the mirror
- citizen of Berlin fair (for organ and/or. Caper orchestra and in accordance with. Choir)
- Paul Hillier: Arvo part. Oxford: Oxford University press, 1997. ISBN 0198166168
- olive Kautny: Arvo part betweenEast and west. 2002. ISBN 3-476-45306-5
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Arvo part in the catalog of the DDB
- Arvo part - extensive Website (English)
- www.arvopart.info - dedicated the life and thatMusic of Arvo part (English)
- David Pinkerton's Arvo part of archives - still another extensive Website, with some good analytic essays (English)
- Arvo part and the new Simplicity - text of a radio interview of 1998 (English)
- list of works Arvo part
- parts sideUniversal edition - Kurzbiographie, list of works, performance listing
- Arvo part with the music publishing house Sikorski - Kurzbiographie, list of works
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Estni composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. September 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paide (white stone), Estonia|