Edition of a publication
|This article or section requires a revision. Details are indicated on the discussion side. Please to improve it and removes afterwards this marking helps.|
- Edition: in the publishing trade the number of the copies produced at one time of publications (books, magazines or Newspapers etc.).
- Kleinauflage: in printering smaller orders, depending upon the compression matter differently, with the screen printing e.g. less than 10 pressure elbows.
- Height of an edition: Number of the produced units; literary quality, effect etc. are independent: undisputed for instance with Kafka or Melville, time life never oftheir books to live could.
- Number of an edition: with each new edition is away-counted (see also first edition, new edition, expenditure for book).
- First edition: the first appearance of a printing element indicates for a publishing house . So works of Goethe can also today still in a first edition with one, however no more than first edition appear to certain publishing house.
- Covering edition: the number of the copies, which must be sold at least, in order the costs to cover (essentially results with books from the height of the usually bound retail price).
- The average edition of a novele.g. amounts to. with Suhrkamp or publishing house C. H. Beck about 4,000, with scientific books 2,000 to 3,000 and with lyric poetry even only 1,000 to 2.000. With most publishing houses few present-strong success authors must compensate the losses from the books of unsuccessful authors. This “transverse subsidization” is under the pressure of the market lengthen strongly declining, if for example Lektoratssparten (special book or health… depending upon allocation) economically to work are.
- With newspapers and magazines differ printed edition, sold edition, common edition. The common edition covers apart from the sales overRetail trade and subscription also for example on fairs distributed copies free of charge: Newspapers and magazines finance themselves only to a third over kiosk etc. - sales and subscriber, to two thirds over announcements. The advertisement depends it on as much as possible, suitable recipients. (So can beside fitnessClubs enrich residential areas heaps of daily papers in the garbage can lie, beside the free of charge distributed remaining. Favorable memberships are more cheaply than a daily paper Abo.)
sales offices (kiosks, gas stations, etc.) send back not sold copies of the delivered edition than rem CCIT ends to the press wholesale . Depending upon periodicity wholesalers can do itagain distribute (monthly or appearing quarterly magazines).
- The number of copies of newspapers and magazines determines the information community for the statement of the spreading of advertising media (IVW) registered association.. It is a neutral checking device, 'for the promotion of the truth and clarity of the advertisement and thus to the safety devicea genuine competition makes comparable and objectively determined documents available over the runs (=Auflagenhöhe). For example the edition of the picture newspaper sank much, those the South German newspaper rises.
- As the range of a publication one indicates the number of the persons, the readers of an expenditure (LpA =Readers per expenditure) of a title or a title combination are. The purchase is thereby on the feature interval, thus one day with daily media, one week with appearing weekly and one month with appearing monthly media. Inquiries determine these data. The range differs from thatsold to copies, since usually several persons read a copy.
- Print on and, whereby each copy is manufactured individually, thus in an edition of the height of 1: the classical edition term loses its meaning.