|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 51° 33 ′ N 8° 34 ′ O 51° 33 ′ N 8° 34 ′ O
|height:||190-360 m and. NN|
|surface:||170.97 km ²|
|inhabitants:||22.300 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||130 Einwohner/km ²|
|postal zip codes:||33130 - 33142 (old: 4793)|
|Preselections:|| 02951, 02955 for|
|municipality characteristic number:||05 7 74 016|
|city arrangement:||11 quarters and Büren|
of the city administration:
| Königstr. 16|
|mayor:||Wolfgang Runge (CDU)|
Table of contents
(in each case to 31. December)
advice of the city
allocation of seats of the 38 seats:
Wolfgang Runge (CDU)
coats of arms and flag
after the entry into force of the local reorganisation at the 1. January 1975 introduced office-belonging the city Büren a new Stadtwappen formed again from the past city Büren and the eleven municipalities.
With document of 16. January 1976 gave the head of the provincial government in Detmold of the city Büren permission for leading a new Stadtwappen. The city Büren kept the right to its own city flag simultaneous.
into red (white) a castle with three tin towers, silver on a green three-mountain; under the broad central tower in an open gate elbow silver (whiter) signs with a red lozenge rafter. Coat of arms illustration on bueren.de
description of flag
banner: From red and knows lengthwise with the coat of arms sign of the city in the rectangular banner head.
Being called flag: From red and knows lengthwise with the coat of arms sign of the city in the rectangular continuous flag head.
of 12 quarters
- bark living
- preserving village
- simmering thing living
- stone living
- woman suppl.
- of wines
partnerships between cities
- Kortemark (Belgium) - partnership signing 1981
- Charenton le Pont (France) - partnership signing 1989
- Mittersill (Austria) - partnership signing 1995
- Ignalina (Lithuania) - partnership signing 2003
in the context of the municipal administration assistance east
- Baruth/Mark (district Teltow Fläming) since 1990
on the level of localities of the city Büren maintains the locality Wewelsburg since 1965 a partnership to the municipality Précigné /Sarthe in France, which was officially sealed 1991 by signing of the partnership document.
public means of transport
the city belongs to the area of the NPH (suburban traffic group Paderborn Höxter). The Buslinien 460, 380, 400, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465, 466, 494, 410 operate.
the motorway A 44 Dortmund Kassel crosses the city in westeastern direction.
on the city near the local part Ahden lies the regional airport Paderborn/Lippstadt.
- Bürener engine works, manufacturer of conveying engineering among other things for automobile industry
- Bürener plastics engineering, manufacturer of different plastic mass-produced articles
- BHK Kottmann, manufacturer of laminate floors and ceiling panels
in the city Büren becomes of Germany largest institute for pushing away detention in a former NATO - barracks operated. On the other hand the protests of anti-racistic and left groups from the entire federal territory arrange themselves annually.
of sons and daughters of the city
- Bert Brune, writer
- Michael Henke, football coach
- Moritz of Büren, realm Court of Appeal president and Jesuit, founder of the Jesuitenkirche
Büren as place 1195 were mentioned documentary for the first time from the prince bishop to Paderborn. The settlement goes back in the early Middle Ages however already.
In the year 1895 the railroad line was finished of Paderborn by the Almetal after Büren. 1900 were extended the distance to Brilon. </br> 1898 developed the Zweigstrecke over stone living after Geseke.
The local part Büren Wewelsburg was the location of the KZ Niederhagen, when Heinrich Himmler left the Wewelsburg starting from 1940 to the National Socialist cult center changes. 1945 was blown up large parts of the plant before end of war.
culture and objects of interest
- Kath. Pfarrkiche pc. Nikolaus. Cross-shaped Basilika with west tower, 1220 testifies for the first time. In 19. Jh. changed. Lategothical Sakramentshäu of the end 15. Jh. Pulpit around 1600. Baroque organ of 1744, originally for the monastery Bödekken production.
- city hall. Formerly widow seat of the noble gentlemen von Büren. Mehrflügeliger complex from the 2. H. 18. Jh.
- Ehem. Tenth barn. Cleaned building of break stones with one pool of broadcasting corporations roof, in the core probably still 16. Jh. (?), in 18. Jh. converted.
- Central mill. Massive construction, marks 1532.
- Ehem. Niedermühle. Building of break stones, probably around 1635/40 establishes.
- In the local centre only few older housings are received. To emphasize: Market 14. Framework hall house with Krüppelwalmdach, designates 1608.
- Remainders of the city attachment with two towers.
- Mauritius High School
- the Wewelsburg, the landmark of the Bürener of country
- castle ruin Ringelstein with witch cellar
Web on the left of
|Commons: Büren (Westphalia) - pictures, videos and/or audio files|