the COURSE BKK is a German staff sickness fund.
Table of contents
1837 with the building of the second German railroad line between Leipzig and Dresden the first „Hülfscassen for the support of the workers in medical cases “for on the railway employed workers and employees in the life called. Their development ran nearly parallel to the development of the German railway nature. From these health insurance companies the National Railroad staff sickness fund and the Federal Railroads staff sickness fund developed later. These form the COURSE BKK since 1996. To the 1. December 1998 opened it also for non--employee of the German course. Basis for it forms that for 1996 imported right to free health insurance company choice.
the center of the COURSE BKK is since February 1999 in Frankfurt A. M. The insured ones of the individual Lands of the Federal Republic become country widely from five offices in:
- Frankfurt A. M. (Thuringia, Hessen, Saarland, Rhineland-Palatinate),
- Berlin (Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania),
- Münster (Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg, Lower Saxony, Bremen, North Rhine-Westphalia),
- rose home (Baden-Wuerttemberg, Bavaria) and
- Cottbus (Saxonia, Saxonia-Anhalt),
approximately 580,000 Versicherte (conditions 2005) and a total volume of the budget of approx. has numbers the COURSE BKK. 1.5 billion Euro.