|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|regional association:||Heilbronn Franconia|
|district:||Main deaf circle|
|kind of municipality:||Large district town|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 49° 30 ' N, 09° 46 ' O 49° 30 ' N, 09° 46 ' O
|height:||207 m and. NN|
|surface:||129.97 km ²|
|inhabitants:||22.475 (31. December 2004)|
|Population density:||173 Einwohner/km ²|
|postal zip code:||97961-97980 (old: 6990)|
|municipality key:||08 1 28 007|
|city arrangement:||Town center and 13 quarters|
of the city administration:
| Market place 1|
|mayor:||Dr. Lothar Barth|
bath Mergentheim is southwest of deaf ones a city at that in the northeast of Baden-Wuerttemberg, about 35 km from peppering castle and/or. 56 km northeast from Heilbronn. Before the education of the country Baden-Wuerttemberg it was the northernmost city Württembergs. Today it is after value home the second largest city of the Main deaf circle and a central center.
Since 1926 Mergentheim carries the designation bath. Since that 1. April 1975 is bath Mergentheim large district town. With the municipalities Assamstadt and Igersheim have bath Mergentheim one Central administrative body agrees.
Table of contents
bath Mergentheim lies in oneValley widening that deaf ones at the inlet of the awake brook. The town center is directly because of that to deaf one, while a majority of the quarters lies in side valleys.
following cities and municipalities border on the city bath Mergentheim. They are called in the clockwise direction beginning in the west:
Assamstadt, box mountain (bathe), Lauda Königshofen, Igersheim, Weikersheim and Niederstetten (all Main deaf circle) as well as Mulfingen and Dörzbach (both Hohenlohekreis)
the city bath Mergentheims is divided into the town center and following 13 quarters, those into the framework of the regional reorganization the 1970er years were integrated and to those partial further living places with own name to belong (in clammy one the number of inhabitants to 31. March 2004):
(596), if Dainbach (373, only quarter of Baden) oldlive to apple brook with apple yard (351), (1.357), Hachtel (357) noble-caught, autumn living (195), Löffelstelzen (1.000), Markelsheim (1.986),Nine-churches (790), Rengershausen (484), red with Dörtel and Schönbühl (263), Stuppach with Lustbronn and Lillstadt (683) and awake brook (1.304)
bath Mergentheim forms a central center within the region Heilbronn Franconia, in which Heilbronn is proven as upper center. To the central range belong to bath Mergentheimstill the municipalities in the south of the Main deaf circle, maple, Assamstadt, box mountain, Creglingen, Igersheim, Niederstetten and Weikersheim.
Mergentheim was mentioned for the first time documentary 1058 as “Mergintaim”. 1280 became the settlement the Zollrechte of duke Johann ofLorraine awarded. To 2. July 1340 was raised Mergentheim on requests of the German master Wolfgang von Nellenburg by emperors Ludwig Bavaria to the city. From 1526 to 1809 Mergentheim was head office of the German medal (seat of the high master). Since 1809 the city belonged to the Kingdom of Württemberg. In the same year Mergentheim became seat of an upper office. 1826 was rediscovered the sources of welfare, due to those Mergentheim to the bath city became. 1926 were lent to Mergentheim the descriptor bath.
1938 were transferred the upper office Mergentheim into the district Mergentheim.
After the end of the Second World War 1945belonged bath Mergentheim to the American zone of occupation. The American military administration arranged a DP-camp a Displaced so for accommodation mentioned person (DP). Most of them originated from Lithuania.
The district bath Mergentheim existed up to the circle reform to the 1. January 1973, as the componentthe new Main deaf circle became. Thus bath Mergentheim lost its function as district town in favor of of deaf bishop home.
Starting from 1972 13 to date independent municipalities , partly with further associated living places, became after bath Mergentheim in in common December in the course of the municipality reform. Consequently the number of inhabitants of the city crossed bathMergentheim 1975 the border of 20.000. Thereupon the city administration placed the request for collection to the large district town, which the federal state government of Baden-Wuerttemberg then with effect of the 1. April 1975 decided.
originally belonged to religions the area of the city bath Mergentheim to the diocese. The reformation could not become generally accepted first, but during the Sweden time the lutherische confession was introduced, when the catholic minister crossed to the protest anti-mash. The services became first in the pc. Johannis church, then in the Marienkirche held. The catholic services became in that time inthe castle church held. After return of the high master of stadium the city was however again completely rekatholisiert nearly. The municipality first still belonged to the diocese peppering castle, became then after the transition at Württemberg starting from 1814 part of the Generalvikariats Ellwangen, before it 1821 /27 of the again basedDiözese gang castle (today gang castle Stuttgart) was assigned. Bath Mergentheim became seat of a Dekanats. The today's Pfarrgemeinden in the city belongs to two Seelsorgeeinheiten. To the Seelsorgeeinheit 1a the municipalities pc. belong. Gumbert apple brook, pc. Johann Baptist bath Mergentheim with branch chapel in noble-caught, to the holiest Dreifaltigkeit Löffelstelzenand pc. Kilian Markelsheim, to the Seelsorgeeinheit 1b belong the municipalities Maria Krönung Stuppach, pc. Leonhard Rengershausen, branch church municipality pc. Pius loaf oh, pc. George awake brook, pc. Petrus and Paulus red and branch church municipality Maria Ascension Day Hachtel. The quarter formerly of Baden a again-gothical catholic chapel from that has DainbachYear 1900. The municipality members belong to the Nachbarpfarrei likewise of Baden Unterschüpf and thus to the ore diocese Freiburg. The quarters old living, nine-churches and autumn living are predominantly Evangelist places.
After the transition at Württemberg Mergentheim was based again a Protestant municipality in bath, which 1815 the castle church asAwarded to service area got. The municipality received its own minister starting from 1825. The municipality is from the outset member of the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg. Bath Mergentheim became at that time seat of the upper office, the church administration, the Dekanatamt, was and remained however in Weikersheim.Therefore the church municipality bath Mergentheim to today to the church district Weikersheim belongs. Beside the town center municipality bath Mergentheim gives it in the quarters old living, noble-caught, to autumn living, Markelsheim, nine-churches and awake brook in each case its own Evangelist church municipality and/or. Church. The latter is responsible also for Hachtel. The Evangelist church municipality Dainbachheard until today to the Evangelist regional church in bathing (church district box mountain).
Beside the two large churches Mergentheim also free-church municipalities are represented , among them one municipality of the community of the seventh tag Adventisten and the 1991 created Evangelist-freechurch municipality (EFG) in bath (Baptisten). Also a neuapostolische municipalityMergentheim resides in bath. The moreover one there is a community center of the Bahai.
the following municipalities were integrated after bath Mergentheim. So far not everything to the district Mergentheim, differently indicated belonged:
- 1. January 1972: Oldlive, to apple brook, Löffelstelzen, Markelsheim, nine-churches
- 15. February 1972: Rengershausen, Stuppach
- 1. December 1972: Dainbach, district deaf bishop home
- 1. September 1973: Autumn-live, red
- 31. December 1974: Hachtel, awake brook
- 1. January 1975: Noble-caught
numbers of inhabitants after the respective area conditions. The numbers are estimations, census results (¹)or official updating of the respective statistic offices (only main domiciles).
¹ census result
the local council of the city bath Mergentheim has since the last local election of 13. June 2004 altogether33 members, that lead the title “town councillor/town councillor”. They belong to the following parties:
- CDU of 15 seats
- L.G. of 9 seats
- SPD of 4 seats
- the Greens of 4 seats
- FDP/independent citizens 1 seat
at the point of the municipality stood originally for that Schult-hot. After the city collectionthe Unterbürgermeister stepped in its place of the upper office mayors and.1784 were reshuffled the city administration. Afterwards there was a city court with a city Schult hoisting as a chairman. It Assessoren stood for 3 to the side. After the transition at Württemberg that led city-Schult-hot, later the mayor the city administration. Since 1. April 1975, when bath Mergentheim became large district town, carries the city head the office designation mayor. This is selected directly by the population entitled to vote on 8 years. He is a chairman of the local council, who is likewise selected by the population entitled to vote on 5 years.
Schult-hot and/or. Mayor and/or. Mayor (list still incompletely)
- 1784 - 1791: Rudolf Anton of small
- 1791 - 1796: Josef Herzberger
- 1796 - 1809: Karl Adam day-dear
- 1819 - 1834: Anton Kober
- 1834 - 1846: Konrad Erber
- 1846 -?: Franz sword
- ? - 1870: Karl Josef pick up
- 1870 - 1878: George call
- 1878 - 1901: Konrad Merz
- 1901 - 1928: Karl Theodor of block books
- 1928 - 1933: Dr. Josef Brönner
- 1933 - 1945: Albert Künzlen
- 1945 - 1946: Dr. Karl JosefHeart
- 1946 - 1950: Lothar Daiker
- 1950 - 1962: Dr. Norbert of skis
- 1962 - 1995: Dr. Elmar Mauch
- 1995 - 2003: Uwe Hülsmann
- 2003 - today: Dr. Lothar Barth
coat of arms
the coat of arms of the city bath Mergentheim points to silvera continuous black cross, occupies with a single golden cross, in the golden Herzschild a black eagle; in the angles ever above a sechsstrahliger, red star, down ever a fünfblättrige red rose. The city flag is red white.
The Stadtwappen is already many hundred years old andderのBlasonierungの1942年のoffiziellのfestgelegt のwurde。 This concerns the medal cross, which is derived from the high master coat of arms. The stars and roses are symbols Mariens, which Patronin of the medal is. The city flag became only to 17. April 1967 by the ministry of the Interior Baden-Wuerttemberg lent.
Partnerships between cities
bath Mergentheim maintains partnerships between cities with the following cities:
- Digne les Bains, Alpes de strike Provence, France, since 24. June 1962
- Sainte Marie you Mont, bass normandy, France, since 28. May 1967 (partnership with late eingemeindeten quarter noble-caught)
- Isawa, Japan - “flag friendship”, since 26. May 1991
- Borgomanero, November era, Italy, since 10. September 2005
economics and infrastructure
bath Mergentheim can over the federal motorway 81 Stuttgart - peppering castle (connection points box mountain or deaf bishop home) be attained. Furthermore the federal highways accomplish B 19 and B 290the city. The station bath Mergentheim is to bath Mergentheim Crailsheim because of the railway line value home Lauda Königshofen -. Several Buslinien serve the public local passenger traffic (ÖPNV) within the traffic community of Main-deaf.
the partial place Markelsheim is a renomierter wine place in the deaf valley and seat of the wine gardnersMarkelsheim EEC.
in bath Mergentheim the deaf newspaper , an expenditure for restaurant of the south west press appears as daily paper. A further local daily paper is the expenditure bath Mergentheim of the Frankish messages from deaf bishop home (those for its part again their supraregional sides of the Mannheimer mornings refer).
The transmitter radio clay/tone operates a second Studio, which supplies local news in bath Mergentheim.
In the proximity local part of the Löffelstelzen (at the chain forest) is with 9°47'1 " eastern length, 49°30'30 " northern latitude a reinforced concrete tower () for the radiations of television and radio broadcasting programs in the range of the Southwest broadcast (SWR). The basic net transmitter supplies mainly the Main deaf circle as well as adjacent areas. On UKW with 10 KW the following programs are sent: SWR1 Baden-Wuerttemberg (87.8 MHz), SWR2 (93.2 MHz), SWR3 (99.7 MHz), SWR4 Baden-Wuerttemberg (105.5 MHz) as well as THE THING (100.5 MHz) with 40 Watts and radio CLAY/TONE (103,5MHz) with 20 KW. In the DAB frequency block 12B the country-wide programs are sent by digitally radio southwest with 8 KW. In the TV sends first on channel 48 with 100 KW.
court, authorities and mechanisms
bath Mergentheim have a notary's office and in District court, which belongs to the regional court district Ellwangen and higher regional court district Stuttgart. Furthermore it has a branch office of the tax office deaf bishop home and a branch office (Kfz certification authority) of the district administration office Main deaf circle.
The city is also seat of the Dekanats Mergentheim of the diocese gang castle Stuttgart.
since 2002 orders bathMergentheim over own Businesses a School, the bath Mergentheim Business School, which offers an international economical course of studies to the vocational academy MOS brook as branch office. Furthermore there is a seminar for didactics and teacher formation (reason and hauptschule) in bath Mergentheim.
At generally forming schools bath possesses MergentheimHigh School (German medal High School), six-form high school (Kopernikus six-form high school), promotion school (Lorenz Fries school), hauptschule (Eduard Mörike school), one reason and hauptschule (Ottmar Schönhuth school awake brook) as well as four primary schools (bath Mergentheim, primary school at the Kirchberg Stuppach Neunkirchen, and Markelsheim noble-caught). Beyond that there is a youth school of music and a people's highschool.
The catholic primary school pc. Bernhardt, the catholic girl six-form high school pc. Bernhard, the evening six-form high school bath Mergentheim, the Kolping Berufskolleg, the national recognized technical school for Physiotherapie of the Kolping Bildungswerks and the nationally recognized nursing for the sickand child nursing for the sick school at the Caritas hospital bath Mergentheim the school offer bath Mergentheims round off.
culture and objects of interest
The cultural forum forms the ideal basis for the cultural life bath Mergentheims with the departments of city archives, the public library and the yard. It is meeting place, gallery; Concert hallor stage.
in the cure hall bath Mergentheim find and. A. also theatre presentations instead of. In the play time 2004/05 there the Württembergi national stage gastiert.
the history of the German medal , that shows museums 1996 the furnished German medal museum in German medal German here itsHead office had. In the collection of the museum is also the castle Rehden from the Kulmerland, rekonstrukturierte by Albrecht Duwe on a scale 1:50 , (-> further information see www.Deutschordensmuseum.de).
The German master museum in the former arsenal shows the 300-jährige German master tradition on the basis uniforms, coats of arms andhistorical documents.
The museum cathedral treasure in the first stick over the vestry of Münster of the pc. Johannes Baptist shows liturgical containers and devices from the late gothic to the present.
In the city hall of the quarter Hachtel the Ottmar Mergenthaler memorial place was furnished. The Uhrmacher invented 1886 „the linotype “, the first line capable of being set,Pouring and placing machine of character, which is served by a typewriter-similar keyboard. The museum dedicates itself Mergenthalers to the work.
objects of interest are above all the German medal lock with its baroque church, the cathedral Muenster pc. Johannes Baptist and the characteristic city hall, which are considered as landmark of the city. Since the last war destruction in the Schmalkaldi war took place, bath has Mergentheim to bemedieval to baroque townscape retains.
Further churches in the city are:
- old living, onenoble-caught klassizistische hall church with lategothical
- wing altar Dainbach, a medieval building with baroque nave of
- 1739, build church 1872 in place of an old building of predecessors
- autumn living, a medieval church with choir tower of 160, which 1703 and 1873 *Markelsheim, a new building of 1958 with free standing tower (those was changedold gothical parish church on the cemetery broken off)
- nine-churches, a again-Roman church of 1822/23 and awake brook, a Roman choir tower church
- apple brook, pc. Gumbert (builds 1775 later again equipped)
- noble-caught (chapel from 1851/51 developed to war destruction again)
- Hachtel (Maria Himmelfahrt starting from 1869in the again-gothical style and 1901 build painted)
- Löffelstelzen (built to the holiest Dreifaltigkeit, 1660 in the earlybaroque style)
- Rengershausen (pc. Leonhard builds) red
- (pc. for 1792. Petrus and Paulus build) awake brook
- (pc. for 1652/54. George builds) [work on] parks
game park bath for 1906 in the again-Roman styleMergentheim
leisure time swimming pool Solymar, three open-rir swimming pools, indoor tennis court, indoor Kartbahn, various sports fields and associations
- people celebration
- city celebration
- wine celebration Markelsheim
- pc. George day (= meeting of the German masters - associations (from Austria and Germany; annually, in the spring)
- international singing competition the JOKE STONE AG (Septembers/Octobers)
- 1817: Karl Adam day-dear
- 1817: Leopold August Christian Friedrich of Fischer
- 1831: Friedrich Paul Wilhelm duke of Württemberg
- 1831: Dr. med. Christian FriedrichFarmer
- 1880: Dr. jur. Hermann Karl Friedrich baron von Mittnacht
- 1881: Karl Eduard Albert Wüst
- 1901: Konrad Merz
- 1912: Johann Michael Zeller
- 1921: Karl Ludwig Albert Schwarz
- 1928: Karl Theodor of block books
- 1932: George Karl mark
- 1951: OskarHugo Holl
- 1956: Dr. phil. Dr. engineer. E.H. Hermann Reusch
- 1957: Dr. med. Karl Stützle
- 1959: William franc
- 1960: Dr. Dr. h.c. Konrad Hofmann
- 1968: Josef Michel
- 1974: Heinrich hitting a corner ore
- 1980: Robert equalon
sons andDaughters of the city
- 1491, Lorenz Fries, † 5. December 1550, historical writer of east Franconia and the farmer war
- 1528, Johann Böhm, † 1560, German medal priest and writer
- 12. December 1641, matte house Zehender, † 1697 in Bregenz, painter
- 11. May 1854, Ottmar Mergenthaler, from the quarter Hachtel, † 1899 in Baltimore, inventor of the linotype - typesetting machine
- 7. July 1872, Hans Heinrich Ehrler, † 14. June 1951 in Liebenau (today quarter of forest book with Stuttgart), writer (Schillerpreisträger)
- 29. October 1944, Barbara trunk,State parliament delegate, former Bavarian health minister
- 29. June 1955, Fritz bold, Member of the Bundestag and former Federal leaders of the Greens
- 3. May 1956, Professor. Dr. Wolfgang pure-hard, politician (CDU), since April of 2005 Ministers and authorized persons of the country Baden-Wuerttemberg with the federation
- Württembergi city book; Volume IV volume Baden-Wuerttemberg volume 2 from “German city book. Manual of urban history - on behalf of the working group of the historical commissions and with support of the German city daily, the German standard ware and the GermanMunicipality daily, hrsg. by Erich Keyser, Stuttgart, 1961
- Sanden, Ulrich of: „Oh here, the world is appropriate for light in such a way. “The sources of welfare of bath Mergentheim; in: Cult baths and bath culture in Baden-Wuerttemberg, Hg. v. W. Niess, S. Lorenz, Filderstadt 2004. (ISBN 3-935129-16-5)
- Stefan Keppler: Literary Regionalität andsecret literature history. For example Hans Heinrich Ehrler [from Mergentheim] - of the empire into the internal emigration. In: Suevica. Contributions to Swabian the history of ideas and literature 9 (2001/2002). Stuttgart 2004 , S. 375-391.
- German city Atlas; Volume: I; 1 volume. Acta Collegii Historiae Urbanae Societatis Historicorum Internationalis- Series of C. On behalf the Kuratoriums for comparative city history e. V. and with support of the German research council, hrsg. by Heinz Stoob †, Wilfried Ehbrecht, Jürgen Lafrenz and Peter Johannek. City briefcase bath Mergentheim, author: Heinz Stoob.ISBN 3-89115-301-5; Dortmund Altenbeken, 1973.
maple | Assamstadt | Bath Mergentheim | Box mountain | Creglingen | Joy mountain | Large cattle field | Green field | Igersheim | King home | Külsheim | Lauda Königshofen | Niederstetten | Deaf bishop home | Weikersheim | Who brook | Value home | Wittighausen