Building is a minor of building (see down). The today's linguistic usage calls buildings in addition, building, if they possess a special value, an outstanding idealistic meaning or strong Monumentalität.
In the German building law buildings fall under the generic term of the structural facilities, into the respective Federal state building regulations of the individual Lands of the Federal Republic is defined.
To table of contents
one can buildings after all possible parameters differentiate, for example after the construction, after the used building materialsor according to the function. Usual is however the simple distinction of foundation engineering and above ground construction.
Besides there are objects, with which it is not clear, whether they are buildings or natural origin, so e.g. the pyramid island Yonaguni in Japan.
A building consists of individual construction units, which consist again of building materials. The kind of the construction and the use of the building materials vary depending upon Location, technology - conditions and style-pounds.
- serve for to the stay or storage of humans, organisms or things. Examples:Hut, house, factory building, storage hall, church
- of traffic structures
- bridge, road, tunnel, lug
- of supplying buildings
- water and sewers, sewage purification plants, dyke, dam, concrete dam.Under this category fall also transmitting towers, transmitting poles and overhead line masts
- temporary buildings
- flying buildings, tents, Messepavillions, auxiliary's buildings
- list from buildings to ABC arranged, into Hamburg
- building types an arrangement
- list of the highest buildings thatWorld
- portal: Architecture and building industry
- architecture, civil engineering
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Building - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- archINFORM - data base for architecture
- Structurae - data base for civil engineering
- of pictures of famous buildings: http://www.biw.fh-deggendorf.de/alumni/2001/wintermeier/bauwerke/
- building encyclopedia