as building industry one designates
- the field of activity, which is occupied with building processes and buildings.
- the building industry, thus the restaurant industry, which and building works and supplies of all kinds furnishes planning.
To table of contents
the definitions and designations vary, it often give overlaps and no clear demarcation of the subsections. One can differentiate after different aspects:
- Work area: Above ground construction, foundation engineering
- building which can be manufactured: Tunnel construction, bridge construction, building of churches
- building material: Steel structure, Timber construction, massive construction, dry construction
- building construction: Composite construction, framework construction
- section during the building process: Carcass, development
- client/user: Social housing construction
- technical disciplines of planning: Architecture, civil engineering
the category: Building industry (subsection) seizes all these designations (mostly on “build” end) together.
- portal: Architecture and building industry
- architecture, civil engineering
- Federal Office for building industry and area planning
- Andreas Campi: Build in Switzerland. Manual for architects and engineers, Birkhäuser, Basel 2005, ISBN 3-7643-7058-0 (the book offersan overview of the work of architects and engineers in Switzerland)