|coat of arms|
|district:||(Nidwalden does not know districts)|
|coordinates:|| 46° 58 ' n. Break. |
8° 28 ' o. L.
|Height:||435 m and. M.|
|Surface:||32,95 km ²|
|inhabitants:||3106 (31. December 2005)|
The locality Beckenried is on 435 m u. M. at the Vierwaldstättersee. The municipality Beckenried counts 2 ' 893 inhabitants (at the end of of 2003) and covers a surface of 3 ' 295 Hektaren. It extends between the Klewenalp in the south and the Vierwaldstättersee in the north, which help its territory to one much “long-drawn-out” form.
Most important cause in the year is next the Samichlaiseinzug on Saturday, with 6. December lies (Samichlais corresponds to the pc. Nikolaus). This Festivität, which is organized in honours of the Samichlaises, contains:
- The attendance of all households in Beckenried. I.e. the Samichlais visited with its dirt-read all households of the municipality. The Samichlaise is placed by the turn association.
- Samichlaismärkt - an attraction, at which the local associations and Schausteller can sell their goods.
- The Samichlaiseinzug. On this the world-wide largest Trichler crowd as well as the Samichlais pulls toward village center.
Web on the left of
- official Website of the municipality Beckenried
- article Beckenried in the historical encyclopedia of Switzerland
coordinates: 46° 58 ' N, 8° 28 ' O