Further biochemistry is the designation of a alternativemedical welfare methodafter Dr. med. William Heinrich Schüssler, Rud. Virchow and yak. Mole bulkhead, which avails itself of so-called Schüssler salts.
Table of contents
the subject of biochemistry
biochemistry concerns itself with
- the clearing-up of the mechanisms and the controlling of the metabolism, as well as with the clearing-up of the materials taken part in it.
- the clearing-up of the molecular structure of the organism of the organisms and like these components to be made available and like it interacted.
- the clearing-up of the mechanisms of information exchange in and between organisms, thatStorage and the call of information and the materials taken part in each case.
In the course its concentrate the views on the groups of materials of nucleic acids, proteins, Lipide and coal hydrates, as well as their derivatives. The predominant part of the biochemical interesting procedurestakes place in organisms and thus in aqueous environment.
history of biochemistry
biochemistry developed since beginning 19. Century from biology, chemistry and the medical physiology and was from the outset closewith the genetics and cell biology links. These sciences work still hand in hand and their borders overlap each other strongly. The ranges biochemistry, cell biology and genetics are often summarized nowadays under the title molecular biology.
As one the first Germanswas occupied at the beginning 19. Century George Carl Ludwig victory-wait in Tübingen with biochemistry. He worked among other things over acid indicators with Herbstzeitlosen, analyses of Gallen - and urine stones and the proteins of blood serum. In France discovered Anselme Payen 1833 with the Diastase the first enzyme. Starting from 1845 isolated Julius Eugen Schlossberger in its laboratory in the kitchen of lock high Tübingen Kreatin from muscle meat of the alligator, analyzed rachitische bones, the iodine content of Korallen and copper in the Hämocyanin. His successor Felix Hoppe Seyler was concerned 1861 - 1872 at the same place among other things with muscle contraction, dead rigidity, lactic acid from Glykogen, oxidation - and reduction enzymes and hemoglobin. Under its line Friedrich discovered Mie 1869 the Nuklein. Eduard Buchner, of 1896 - 1898 extraordinary professor of chemistry in Tübingen, 1896 the cell-free fermentation discovered and for it 1907 with the Nobelpreis was honoured. Sir Frederick Gowland Hopkins, a pioneer of biochemistry inGreat Britain, discovered 1912 the Vitamine and essential amino acids and for it 1929 with the Nobelpreis was distinguished. In the year 1926 Otto Heinrich being castle discovered the breathing enzyme Cytochromoxidase, for which it received 1931 the Nobelpreis.
milestones of biochemistry
- 1828 -Synthesis of the organic urea from inorganic Ammoniumcyanat by better
- 1833 - discovery of the first enzyme (Diastase) by Payen
- 1869 - discovery of the hereditary substance Nuclein by Friedrich Mie
- 1896 - discovery of the cell-free fermentation by Eduard Buchner
- 1926 -Discovery of the breathing enzyme Cytochromoxidase by Otto Heinrich being castle
- 1929 - clearing-up of the mechanism of the Glykolyse by Embden and Meyerhof, as well as Parnas
- 1932 - clearing-up of the CIT advice cycle by Hans Adolf cancer
- 1953 - clearing-up of the structure of the DNA by Watson and Crick
of research institutes in the German-speaking countries
(the list is incomplete)
- institute for Max-Planck for biochemistry , Martinsried
- Leibniz institute for botanical biochemistry , resounds (Saale)
- to bio center of the University of Basel , Basel
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory , Heidelberg
- Max-Planck research centre for Enzymologie of the protein folding , resounds (Saale)
biochemistry the firm component of the high-school training particularly from the medical profession and biologists, in addition, other scientists became, then are institutes for biochemistry at many German universities.
arrangement of biochemistry
depending upon investigation area can biochemistry into the following subregions be arranged:
- medical biochemistry
- ecological biochemistry
- botanical biochemistry
- zoo biochemistry
- protein biochemistry
- immune biochemistry
- neuro biochemistry
- physical biochemistry
methods of biochemistry
study of the biochemistry
- The diploma course of studiesBiochemistry has one average period of study of 9 to 10 terms and one maximum study duration of 13 to 14 terms and leads to the occupation-qualifying conclusion diploma Biochemiker/in.
- The Bachelorstudiengang biochemistry has one average period of study of 6 to 8 terms and leads to the occupation-qualifying conclusion Bachelor OF Science - biochemistry.
German universities, which offer a biochemistry study:
|Course of studies||conclusion||place, kind D. University|
|Biochemie||diploma||To Frankfurt/Main, U|
|Biochemie||diploma||grab forest, U|
|biochemistry||diploma||resounding joke mountain, U|
|biochemistry||diploma||jokes/stove corner, U|
|biochemistry - chemistry D. Life sciences||Bachelor||Bielefeld, U|
|Biochemistry and Cell Biology||Bachelor||Bremen, IU|
|chemical biology||Bachelor||Dortmund, U|
|Biochemie/molecular biology||diploma||Hamburg, U|
|Biochemie and. Molecular biology||diploma||Kiel, U|
Source: www.campus-germany.de, January 2006
apart from the pure biochemistry study exists to study the possibility chemistry or biology and specialize during the study toward biochemistry. A specialization takes place thereby usually via the choice of biochemistry as obligation to vote subject and/or. Specialityas well as the preparation of the thesis (diploma), Bachelor Thesis or master Thesis within the field of biochemistry. This variant offers the advantage that first-year university students do not have to decide directly for a pure biochemistry study. Rather they have to become acquainted with the possibility in the basic study different fan, around itselfthen during the main study on a certain specialization (e.g. To specify biochemistry). The possibility for it is given at many German universities and the average periods of study corresponds to those of the pure biochemistry courses of studies.
the specialist for biochemistry
it exists also the possibility,to become active after a completed medicine study in Germany as a specialist for biochemistry. For this it requires a four years old training further time. On these 1 year
- Donald Voet et al.: Text book of biochemistry. Wiley VCH, 2002, ISBN 352730519X
- Jeremy M. Mountain, Lubert Stryer et al.: Biochemistry. 5. Edition. Spectrum academic publishing house, 2003, ISBN 3827413036
- Lehninger, Nelson, Cox: Lehninger biochemistry. 3. Edition. Springer text book, Berlin 2001, ISBN 354041813X
- Werner Mueller Esterl et al.: Biochemistry, an introduction for the medical profession and scientists. Spectrum academic publishing house, 2004, ISBN 3827405343
- Andreas's hero: Test coaches biochemistry and cell biology.Spectrum academic publishing house,2005, ISBN 382741542X
- Konrad Lechner: Pupil book biochemistry. 4. Edition. Bavarian school book publishing house, 1998, ISBN 3762742359
- Peter Karlson et al.: Short text book of biochemistry for the medical profession and scientists. 14. Edition. Thieme、シュトゥットガルト2005年の ISBN 3133578146
- Florianの角と。 aluminium: Biochemistry of humans- The text book for the medicine study. 3. , complete. over work. and. erw. Aufl. Thieme, Stuttgart, 2005, ISBN 3131308834
- Graeme K. Hunter: Vitally Forces. The discovery OF the molecular basis OF would run. Academic press, London 2000, ISBN 0123618118
Biochemical technical periodicals
- The journal OF Biological Chemistry - JBC (English) magazine of the American society for biochemistry and Molekularbiology ISSN 0021-9258
- Biochemistry (English) ISSN 0006-2960
- Biochemical journal (English) ISSN 0306-3275
- Chemistry and Biology (English) ISSN 1074-5521
|Wiktionary: Biochemistry - word origin, synonyms and translations|
|Wikibooks: Text book of biochemistry - learning and teaching materials|
- http://www.biochemie.de - Internet publication platform
- http://www.gbm-online.de - society for biochemistry and molecular biology registered association.
- http://www.biorama.ch/biblio/b20gfach/b35bchem/bchz99.htm - short overview
- http://www.till-biskup.de/studium/material/bch/skript - biochemistry Script
- http://online-media.uni-marburg.de/chemie/bioorganic/index2.html - on-line basic course