the Botanik, (griech. botaníké [epistémé]: Botany, of griech. botáné 'pasture , Futterpflanze'), is the subsection of biology, which is concerned with the study of the plant world. The term dips for the first timewith Dioskurides up.
Often also the mycology becomes, the study of the lichens (Lichenologie) as well as the microbiology, which is concerned in particular with Prokaryonten and Archaeen, when subsections of the Botanik understood, although the subject of these sciences no plants are.
The Botanikis concerned with the life cycle of the plants, their metabolism and growth, their structure, their contents materials (see medicine), their ecology and with their economic use (see agriculture).
To table of contents
fields of activity
due to the different questions and methods in the core four subsections of the Botanik developed:
- Plant morphology - study of the structure and form of the plants with the subsections
- morphology strictly speaking - outside building of the plants
- anatomy- internal building of the plants
- Histologie - fabric teachings
- Cytologie - fine's building of the cell
- plant physiology - study of the general sequences of functions of the plants with the subsections
- metabolic physiology
- attraction and movement physiology
- development physiology
- Geobotanik - study of the plants on competition conditions as well as their dependence on the location. Subsections are:
- Vegetation customer (plant sociology, Phytocoenologie is synonymous) - is concerned with structure and structure of the ground cover
- area customer or Chorologie - the spreading of the plant kinships examines
- historical-genetic Geobotanik - the spreading of the plant kinship investigates plant ecology in
- the past - examines the relations of the plants and plant communities with its environment.
With botanischen questions are concerned further research directions of biology, neighbour and/or. applied sciences how:
- genetic engineering
- welfare botany (Pharmacognosie)
- wood biology
- molecular biology
- plant breeding
multiple is divided the field of activity of the Botanik also into the subsections general ones and special Botanik as well as applied Botanik, whereby the latters itself with botanischen questions in particular underthe aspect of the use of plants by humans in country - and forestry, horticulture, landscape conservation and environmental protection concern.
- hero, Andreas: Test coach biology of the plants. Elsevier/spectrum academic publishing house 2004. ISBN 3-8274-1472-5
- Strasburger - text book of the Botanik for universities. 35. Aufl., Elsevier/spectrum academic publishing house 2002. ISBN 3-8274-1010-X
- Strasburger - CD-ROM. Interactive study assistance. Elsevier/spectrum academic publishing house 2002. ISBN 3-8274-1070-3
- Wagenitz, Gerhard: Dictionary of the Botanik. 2. Aufl. Elsevier/spectrum academic publishing house 2003. ISBN 3-8274-1398-2
- Herder encyclopedia of biology. 1. Aufl. Stove he publishing house 1996. To ISBN 3-86025-156-2
Web on the left of
- plant pictures on www.botanik.de
- BotanikOn-line that university Hamburg - German expenditure
- Botanik data base
- Botani technical terms
- introductions to the Botanik, a link listing (in English)
|Wiktionary: Botanik - word origin, synonyms and translations|