a board play is a play, whose characteristic element is a Spielbrett, on which player inside and players with figures, stones or other material acts. A play, with that a pure display develops (as for example with Carcassonne)often also among the category of the board plays one ranks, although it concerns strictly a putting play.
The meaning of the Spielbretts is different in the individual plays. With some titles - which stand then in many cases at the border to the pure map or cube play - it places nearlyexcluding an adapted point table, with others it is real the play-determining element.
During in most countriesabove all to be played, in the German-speaking countries a various scene formed classical board plays around author plays. More than 600 novelties are presented year by year on the play fairs in meals (in October) and Nuremberg (in February). In addition becomes annuallyassign the play honor play of the yearly most meaning world-wide from a play journalist jury.
The internationalization of the phenomenon of modern board plays progresses momentarily rapidly. In the USA, the Netherlands, France and parts of Asia alive play scenes are formed.
Web on the left of
- homepage of German play archives, which sat down the task to document the development of the board and table plays in the German-speaking countries since 1945
- Brettspielwiki.de - Wiki for Tipps, reviews and Kurzanleitungen of board plays
- board Game Studies - technical periodical for the topic of board plays
- Abstract Strategy Games - a virtual exhibition of modern board plays (without advertisement)
- board play world - a virtual collection of board plays, which are played on-line.At the same time assistance of the plays a Metaspiel is played.