|of these articles treats Viennese the castle theatre, for further sees to castle theatre (term clarifying)|
the castle theatre („the castle “, the ensemble members also „castle actors “ mentioned), originally k.k. Theatre next the castle, then until 1918 k.k. Yard castle theatre, is a federal theatre of Austria in Vienna and one thatmost important European theatres.
the old building on the Michaelerplatz was built originally 1741 as ballroom. To 14. March of the same yearly was created the castle theatre of empress Maria Theresia as „theatre next the castle “.Her son emperor Joseph II. explained it to 17. February 1776 to „the Teut national theatre “. Starting from 1794 the theatre carried for the names „k.k. Yard theatre next the castle “. To 14. October 1888 one shifted the castle theatre in from Gottfried a Semper (sketch) and Karl baronbuilding at the Viennese struggle race, sketched by Hasenauer ( front).
the cover paintings coming from Gustav Klimt and his brother Ernst Klimt, and/or. of Franz Matsch. Because of its bad acoustics and the more on representative appearance than upFunction aligned architecture was very disputed the building. 1897 took place a change of the auditorium, in order to reduce the acoustic problems. Since 1919 are called it only more castle theatres, although the original name is visible still on the front of the front and back of the building.
1922/23 became that Academy theatre as chamber play stage attached to the castle theatre.
in the time of the national socialism the National Socialist
ideas also traces in the history of the castle theatre left the castle theatre. 1937 and 1938 appeared with the Adolf Luser publishing house two strongly anti-Semitic coined/shaped books concerning the castle theatre of theTheatre scientist Heinz child man, in which it analyzed among other things the Jewish influence on the castle theatre. To 14. October 1938 was pointed production to the 50-jährigen opening anniversary of the castle theatre a Don Carlo - by Karl-Heinz Stroux, which served the ideology of Hitler. The role of the Marquis Posa playedthe same Ewald Balser, which one year before in another Don Carlo - production (of Heinz Hilpert) at the German theatre in the same role with the set of direction Joseph Goebbels 'Loge ranted: „Giving it thought liberty! “. The actor and director Lothar Müthel, between1939 and 1945 director of the castle theatre were, produced 1943 the buyer of Venice, in which Werner Krauss represented the Jew Shylock in a very unfavorable light. The same director produced Lessings parabola Nathan of the way after the war. Adolf Hitler visited during of the LV regimes only once, in the year 1938 the castle theatre, later he refused from panischer fear of an assassination attempt. The castle theatre ensemble did not carry between 1938 and 1945 a considerable resistance against the LV ideology, which became play plan strongly censored, only few followed actively for the resistance out, howe.g.Judith wood master (at that time however also at the folk theatre engages). To the emigration one help to the Jewish ensemble members, yet an actor, was brought and killed Fritz Strassny , into a concentration camp.
the castle theatre after the Second World War
after the house at the ring due tothe bomb attacks 1944/45 burned out and strongly damaged, moved the castle theatre was into the asylum accomodation Ronacher . The first conception after the Second World War was Sappho of Franz Grillparzer. The academy theatre could be taped. 1951 opened the castle theatre the first time its gates, however onlythe left Seitenflügel, where the ceremonies took place to the 175-jährigen existence of the old castle theatre. To 14. October 1955 came it under Adolf rots to the reopening of the restored house at the ring, from this cause a Mozart's small night music was played. To 15. and to 16. October followedthe first performance (from space reasons as double premiere) in the again reconditioned theatre:King Ottokars luck and end of Franz Grillparzer, produced of Adolf rot. Under rot and his successors - Ernst Haeussermann and/or. Gerhard blade mountain - the classical castle theatre style and the castle theatre German for the Germans becameStages finally pointing the way.
the today's castle theatre
Gerhard blade mountain internationalized the castle theatre, it loaded important directors such as Peter resounds, Luca Ronconi, Giorgio Strehler, Roberto Guicciardini and Otomar Krejca. Blade mountain made possible also thoseCastle debut by Claus Peymann and Thomas's Bernhard (1974 premiere of the shooting party). Bernhard was as successors of blade mountain in the discussion, however Achim Benning was finally appointed, on which the writer answered with the text „the theatrical Bruchbude on the ring (like I castle theatre manager will should) “. Benning,the first ensemble representative of the castle theatre, who was appointed the director, continued blade mountain way of Europeanizing with other means, brought directors such as Adolf Dresen, Dieter thorn or Thomas long-hopes to Vienna, looked with performances of pieces Vaclav Havels into at that time the politically separated eastand more strongly consideration for the public taste took. Under Claus Peymann, which was from 1986 to 1999 a director, came it again to a modernization of the play plan and the production styles, which encountered however with parts of the public first refusal. Above all the premiere kindled discussionsof Thomas's Bernhard's Heldenplatz, which argued with the coming to terms with the past of Austria, in addition, critically lit up the presence - with attacks on the SPÖ governing at that time -. Bernhard forbade even by will the performance of his pieces in Austria, against what Peymann expressed itself and a damage forthe work of the author feared, was not its pieces just in its homeland not to be demonstrated. First it was nevertheless possible by a permission of the executor Peter Fabjan - Bernhard's Halbbruder - to already further-pass on those in the play plan of the Burgtheates productions present. Briefly before its tenth day of deathit finally came to the new production of its piece before the retirement by the premiere director Peymann. The pieces of Bernhard stand for far on the play plan of the castle theatre and are regularly again brought out.
in October 2005 celebrated the castle theatre the 50. Anniversary of its reopening with a Galaabend and with the performance of Grillparzers king Ottokars luck and endin the production of Martin Kušej, which was specified in August 2005 with the salt citizen festivals with large success and for the Nestroy Theaterpreis for the best direction was nominated, which she did not get however. But Michael Maertens got the price (in the role of Rudolf of having castle) as best actors in this piece. The leading actor Tobias Moretti was distinguished 2006 for this role with the Gertrud Eysoldt ring.
At the anniversary celebration 16. Octobers 2005 were open the premises of the castle theatre all day long for the visitors. On the day of the open doortechnique guidance were offered and one could acquire old Theaterrequisiten on the flea market.
The anniversary yearly among other things also with a book concerning the history of the castle theatre of the Theaterwissenschafters Klaus Dermutz was thought, for years the books of the row edition castle theatre (above all books, those the Œuvrethe most important directors at the castle theatre treat) writes.
action art at the castle theatre
To 19. November 2005 found the performance 122 at the castle theatre in the context of the Orgien Mysterien theatre. Action of Hermann Nitsch instead of. The maps were already on the first advance booking day within minutes sell off.
Of 17. - 22. Jänner 2006 found those431. animatographische expedition of Christoph Schlingensief, and/or. a large meeting of it under the title AREA 7 - Sadochrist matte house - an expedition of Christoph Schlingensief with visitable stage installations instead of. The performance is for March due to the large interest a regular component of the play plan.However the conceptions each mark run differently.
- at the beginning of of September 2005 in the castle theatre a MTV was noted - Unplugged with the dead trousers, which in November both on the music transmitter MTV was to be seen, and available on CD and DVDappeared.
- At the night on the 1. December 2005 damaged an edge of wiring loom the cafeteria of the castle theatre. The flames could be deleted however fast, so that the damage to property amounted to 150.000 euro. The new, completely renewed cafeteria was again opened in March 2006.
stage technology and other technical characteristics
the auditorium offer approx. 1,340 spectators place and is thereby one the largest under of Europe Schauspielhäusern. The stage portal is 12 m broad and at the highest point 9 m highly. The Schnürbödenand light bridges are in 12 m height. The stage surface amounts to approx. ² the stage
1954 were established to 1,000 m by the Austrian company Waagner Biro, which possesses experience also with other stage and opera houses, again. The main stage is equipped with a rotary cylinder stage with oneDiameter of 21 m with 4 sinking, which can be driven off to 8.8 m. This stage was established after the plans by Sepp Nordegg. So the pictures in the paternoster lift principle can be exchanged. In the year 1994 the stage renovation begun was terminated 2004. For example those becameold control by a computer price increase replaces.
The iron curtain of the castle theatre weighs 16 tons and can in emergency - for example with a fire - which separate stage area from the auditorium within 20 seconds.
The enormous air lock, the ventilation system is architecturally eizigartig and patented of theTheatre, which hides itself under the round roof on the side of the people garden. Air is blown, cleaned and kept at a moderate temperature by filters. Used up air is taken off from the Zusschauerraum by the brass lattice of the Kristalllusterkranzes in the center of the hall cover from the area in the free. ThatSuction for it produces the so-called “blister gel “, which stands as Wetterfahne on the dome.
The Souffleure at the castle theatre works with radio engineering, it gives no more Souffleurkasten.
Once in the month a stage technique special guidance for prospective customers is offered.
further play places of the castle theatre
- that Academy theatre in the years 1911 to 1913 delighted by the architects Fellner and Hellmer and Ludwig Baumann, and is since 1922 the second play place of the castle theatre. Since that time it was converted and renewed stage-technically.
- The casino at the Schwarzenberg place is considered as play place to pieces of present and special projects. Itbecame under director Benning to 26. April 1981 as 3. Since that time area at the Schwarzenberg place open and is taped with interruptions (see desire hereditary deserts). The present name originates from the management Peymann, which used the area first only as sample stage.
- The Vestibül is the studio stage of the castle theatreand the Café Landtmann turned fixed staircase is under that. The Vestibül was prepared into the 1990er years for performances.
- The desire hereditary deserts is a sample stage in the attic of the castle theatre. It became since that 16. September 1979 also again and again for performances consulted (at that time 3.Area - desire hereditary deserts, later only to desire hereditary deserts), then of the area at the Schwarzenberg place replaces. When this was used again for samples, one fell back again under Peymann on the desire hereditary deserts as performance place. Finally became the desire hereditary deserts after the reopening of the area at the Schwarzenberg place again asSample stage uses, to which it serves also at present.
- Also at unusual places one plays: the production of the Anatom of Klaus Pohl with Ignaz Kirchner finds in the anatomical hall of the academy of the forming arts at the Schillerplatz instead of (2005), the unusual production of last call of Albert Ostermaier, the first co-operation of Andrea Breth with the stage designer of Martin Kušej, Martin Zehetgruber, became on the sample stage 1 in the arsenal in the 3. District easily, which was converted at short notice to a theatre area (2002).
small castle theatre ABC
- but faith: The castle theatre has the call to be superstitious particularly „“. Naturally also elsewhere the common theatre superstition in the house, in which to tradition particularly great importance is attached, strictly are kept.
- Castle-theatre-German:the variant that spoken on the stage of the castle theatreGerman language, Viennese „the stage German “, see above.
- The castle theatre gallery is a collection of artist haven advice in the entrance hall, a kind „honour gallery “.
- Castle theatre ring (the Concordia):Alternating of the Jakobs a Lippowitz, the publisher of the new Viennese journal, donated ring, which was lent annually between 1926 and 1934,to a member of the castle theatre (for special earnings/services) and to a dramatist.
- Doyenne, Doyen of the castle theatre to be means to remain for the stage lifelong connected i.e. they are not set in retirement and are right to a funeral, which corresponds to the castle theatre customs (Aufbahrung and honourdes/r the deceased in the building of the castle theatre).
- Particularly earned artists, who made themselves earned in the unusual measure around the house, are appreciated with the honorary membership. Their name becomes at the foot of the fixed staircase people garden side in marble in accordance with ice ELT.
- The honour ring of the castle theatre becomes since 1. October 1955lent in irregular distances of the colleague shank of the castle theatre after suggestion of the work council to members of the castle theatre.
- Ensemble representative: 1971 came into force the guidelines for an ensemble agency of the castle theatre, which meant a say of the ensemble to reform suggestions with occupations and play plan organizations.
- Komparserie: With the castle theatrework no Statisten -- the layman actors are called exclusively Komparsen. The director/conductor of the Komparserie is since 1986 Wolfgang Janich, which completed even play training and in emergency also substitutes. The Komparsen is very carefully selected by multi-level Castingverfahren and even the companions thatparticipating animals Komparsen are called. Peymann wanted to abolish the Komparserie and to occupy the Komparsenrollen with actors, which then however these refused.
- Sample stages: there is except the sample stages desire hereditary deserts and arsenal already mentioned still another sample stage in would turn-suppl.-eat in 15.Municipality district.
- Bow order: Itgives strict house rules, for example, those regulate which the bow (who, when and with whom it is to bow itself with special rules for the premiere). Such a rule is allegedly for example that all, which play in the second act must bow themselves, those, only in firstArise to act, can naturally also do it, must however not. With the premiere bow themselves usually all participations, also the Komparsen and child actor.
- Curtain prohibition:A nearly 200 years long carried out, unwritten law, that on a police theatre order of 19. August 1798 decreased/went back, wroteforwards that before the curtain only guests and Debütanten, but no ensemble members were allowed to bow themselves; the law was waived however 1979.
the castle theatre in film and literature
- 1936 turned Willi forest the feature castle theatre, that from an aging, againcastle actor falling in love - represented of Werner Krauss - tells. The time of the action was 1897.
- 1982 brought up for discussion Elfriede Jelinek in their piece of castle theatres the time of the LV dictatorship in the history of the castle theatre. The piece was uraufgeführt 1982 in Bonn as well as in Austria in the Grazer Theatre at the station only and encountered criticisms controversy, because it a negative picture of the legendary ensemble members at that time like e.g. Paula Wessely and Attila Hörbiger, which is clearly recognizable in the Haupfiguren, painted.
- Thomas's Bernhard busy itself often in its works again and again castle theatres, approximately in its novel wood fellings - there it lets a saturierten castle actor arise - (1984) or old persons masters (1985), where particulars, between admiration and Verachtung oscillating remarks the castle theatre to apply.
- The castle theatre often serves as scene for television films. In the crime film comedy Viennese blood of Dirk rule with Ottfried Fischer in the main role is murdered a castle actor (represented of Markus herring).
premieres at the castle theatre
- 1782, 16. July - the kidnapping from the Serail, Singspiel of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- 1817, 31. Jänner - The ancestor woman, a tragedy in five elevators of Franz Grillparzer
- 1818, 21. April - Sappho, a tragedy in five documents of Franz Grillparzer
- 1889, 25. April - Gyges and its ring, a tragedy in five documents the 1863 deceased Friedrich Hebbel.
- 1895 - Liebelei of Arthur Schnitzler (with ennoble sand skirt and. A.)
- 1974 - 4. May: The shooting party of Thomas's Bernhard (direction Claus Peymann, scenery and costumes Karl seriousness gentleman man; with Judith wood master, Joachim bite Meier, Werner Hinz, Rudolf Wesselyamong other things]]; also TV-recordings for the ORF)
- 1976 - 31. March: Magnet kisses by Wolfgang farmer (direction Fritz Zecha; Scenery Thomas judge Forgach, costumes Alice Maria Schlesinger; with Gertraud Jesserer, Wolfgang pretty, Tom Krinzinger, Franz Morak, Ulli Fessl, Wolfgang Gasser, Gabriele book, Bibiana Zeller)
- 1976 - 26. June: The famous ones of Thomas's Bernhard (first in the theatre at that Vienna, then in the academy theatre; Direction Peter Lotschak, Bühnenbild and Kostüme Gian Maurizio Fercioni; with refuge Christian Beckmann, Franz Morak, Johanna Matz, Angelika Hauff, Wolfgang Gasser, Bibiana Zeller, Rudolf Wessely and. A.)
- 1988 - hero place of Thomas's Bernhard
- 1998 - a piece of sport of Elfriede Jelinek
- 2000 - Viridiana of Luis Buñuel (R: Dimiter Gotscheff)
- 2006 - boulevard Sevastopol of Igor Bauersima, in the academy theatre
directors of the castle theatre
- Joseph Schreyvogel (from 1814 to 1832)
- Heinrich summerhouse (from 1849 to 1867)
- Franz baron von Dingelstedt (from 1870 to 1881)
- Adolf of Wilbrandt (from 1881 to 1887)
- Adolf of Sonnenthal (from 1887 to 1888)
- Max Burckhard (from 1890 to 1898)
- Paul Schlenther (from 1898 to 1910)
- Alfred baron von Berger (1910 to 1912)
- Hugo Thimig (1912 to 1917)
- Albert Heine (from 1918 to 1921)
- Anton game goose (from 1921 to 1922)
- Anton game goose (from 1930 to 1931)
- Hermann Röbbeling (of1932 to 12.3.1938)
- Mirko Jelusich (12.3.1938 until August 1938 as kommissarischer leaders)
- Lothar Müthel (from 1939 to 1945)
- Raoul Aslan (from 1945 to 1948)
- Josef Gielen (from 1948 to 1954)
- Adolf rot (from 1954 to 1959)
- Ernst Haeussermann (from 1959 to 1968)
- Paul Hoffmann (of1968 to 1971)
- Gerhard blade mountain (1970 of Minister Leopold Gratz ordered to the director of September 1972 to June 1977; provisionally after of Hoffmann retreat already officiating since 1971/1972; from 1972 to 1976; its after contract the 1975 took place nominating its successor solved): Blade mountain opened in itsManagement time the castle theatre for important European directors and new theatre aesthetics. A comparable range at visual styles and Prominenz of the directors knows at that time no other speech theatre of Europe up.Jean Paul Roussillon produced in February 1972 of the lady of the Maxim of Georges Feydeau (scenery, costumes: Jacques Le Marquet; with Rudolf Wessely, Fred Liewehr, Alfred Balthoff, Jane tildes and. A.), in November the stingy one of Molière (scenery, costumes: Le Marquet; with Achim Benning as Harpagon) and in the October of 1975 two further works of Molière (Impromptu of Versailles, Georges Dandin); Scenery, costumes: Le Marquet). In March 1972 Dieter thorn was active in the academy theatre with in honor of the day from David Storey for the first time (scenery, costumes: John Gunter; with Werner Hinz, Alma Seidler, Alexander Trojan, Wolfgang Gasser and. A.). InRudolf Steinboeck in the academy theatre set all for same month my sons of Arthur Miller in scene (scenery: Lois Egg). For Christopher Marlowes Edward II. Konrad Swinarski came to the castle theatre (scenery, costumes: John moorlands, Veniero Colasanti; with Peter Arens in the title part). Peter resoundproduced in June 1972 old persons times of Harold Pinter with Erika Pluhar and Maximilian Schell and Annemarie Düringer. In the Jänner 1973 Jean Pierre Ponnelle was not the director and Ausstatter of Alfred de Mussets one plays with the love at the academy theatre (with Paul Hoffmann, MichaelHeltau, Paul Hörbiger and. A.). Under the direction of Erwin Axer repeated Judith wood master in February 1973 its premiere role into a Thomas's Bernhard's celebration for Boris (scenery, costumes: Ewa Starowieyska; in addition with Bruno Dallansky). A Dramatisierung of Voltaires Candide became in September 1972from Roberto Guicciardini produces (scenery, costumes: Lorenzo Ghiglia), which in December the beautiful green bird arranged 1973 after Carlo Gozzi (scenery, costumes: Ghiglia; with Bibiana Zeller, Cornelia Froboess, Dorothea Neff and. A.). Jean Louis Barrault led in February 1973 direction with the citizensas a nobleman of Molière with Josef my wheel (scenery and costumes: Pace). Luca Ronconi developed an antique cycle from Euripides ' the Bakchen (scenery and costumes: Jetty Luigi Pizzi; June 1973; with Norbert caps, Ewald Balser, Judith wood master, Joachim bite Meier and. A.), Aristophanes' The birds (scenery and costumes: Luciano Damiani, April 1975; with Wolfgang Gasser, Alma Seidler and. A.) as well as Aischylos ' Orestie in two parts (scenery and costumes: Damiani, March 1976; with wood master, Gasser, caps, bite Meier, Düringer, Hilde Krahl and. A.). Walter rock stone turnedinto its hometown and to the castle theatre back, around Kleists the Käthchen of Heilbronn (scenery, costumes: Rudolf Heinrich; Jänner 1974) and Goethe Torquato Tasso (scenery, costumes: Andreas Reinhardt; June 1975; with bite Meier, Boysen, Düringer and. to produce A.). Otto give presented again itsmuch-praised performance of Horváths stories from the Viennese forest (scenery: Günther cutter Siemssen, costumes: Hill Reihs Gromes; with Wolfgang pretty as a Alfred, Adrienne Gessner as a grandmother, Jane tildes as Valerie, Heinrich Schweiger as Oskar, Karl Paryla as a charm king, Gertraud Jesserer as Marianne, Fred Liewehr asRide master, and. A.). Give was also for the academy theatre production of Tschechows three sisters in June 1976 responsible (scenery: Rolf sliding mountain, costumes: Silvia Strahammer). Claus Peymann arranged in May 1974 the premiere - first of this author at the castle theatre - of Thomas's Bernhard The shooting party (scenery and costumes: Karl seriousness gentleman man; with wood master, bite Meier, Werner Hinz and. A.). Giorgio Strehler produced in November 1974 Carlo Goldonis Trilogie of the summer-resort (scenery and costumes: Ezio Frigerio, costume cooperation: Franca Squarciapino; with Michael Heltau, Susi Nicoletti and. A.) as well asin November 1975 the play of the powerful ones after Shakespeares king dramas (scenery and costumes: Paolo Bregni; with Heltau, Andrea Jonasson, Rolf Boysen and. A.). Roberto Guicciardini and Otomar Krejca, the 1976 the so far last castle production of Goethe's fist with Rolf Boysen in thatTitle part and Heinz Reincke as Mephistopheles brought out.
- Achim Benning (from 1976 to 1986); brought premieres of authors such as Vaclav Havel, to Martin Walser and Klaus Pohl; new directors came such as Dieter thorn, Peter Wood, Adolf Dresen, Benno Besson, Erwin Axer, Thomas long-hope, arm and Gatti, Jerome Savary, Dieter Bernese, Johannes Schaaf, Peter Palitzsch or Angelika Hurwicz as well as refuge Zankl and Hans Hollmann; the Austrian directors Zankl and Hollmann provided for first disputed re-valuations of the pieces of Ferdinand Raimund and Johann Nestroy; numerous productions of different directors applied for the work of Anton Tschechow and Arthur Schnitzler.
- Claus Peymann (from 1986 to 1999); Thomas's Bernhard, Elfriede Jelinek , Peter Handke , Peter Turrini and George Tabori could with numerous premieres ofthe call of the theatre as one of the large speech stages of Europe strengthen. In his era directors worked such as Einar Schleef, Peter Zadek, Ruth mountain building, Mathias long-hope, Manfred meager one, Alfred Kirchner, Michael Haneke, Cesare Lievi, Achim Freyer, Dieter Giesing, Niels Peter Rudolph as well as Tabori and again the castle Rückkehrer Strehler (the giants of mountains of Luigi the Pirandello with Andrea Jonasson and Michael Heltau; Scenery: Frigerio, costumes: Franca Squarciapino; 1994).
- Klaus Bachler (since 1999); in May 2005 explained, itsContract beyond 2009 to extend, whereby it wants to officiate starting from 2008 also as a director of the Bavarian state opera in Munich, thus one year long parallel both posts to occupy intended)
2006 is not, the responsible culture undersecretary of state Franz Morak according to, an advertisement for the identification of the nextDirector of castle - starting from the season 2009/2010 - take place.
actors at the castle theatre
present ensemble members
to the most well-known actors that about 120 members of the ensemble belong: Anne Bennent, Sven Eric Bechtolf, Gerd Boeckmann, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Andrea Clausen, Kirsten Dene, Annemarie Düringer, Regina Fritsch, Bruno whole, Karl Heinz Hackl, Sylvia Haider, Dorothee Hartinger, Sabine head, Urs Hefti, Michael Heltau, Markus herring, Daniel Jesch, Gertraud Jesserer, Andrea Jonasson, Corinna Kirchhoff, Ignaz Kirchner, Roland cook, Johannes Krisch, Jutta lamp, Susanne Lothar, Michael Maertens, Peter Matic, Tamara Metelka, Markus Meyer, Robert Meyer, Birgit Minichmayr, Petra Morzé, Cornelius Obonya, Johann Adam Oest, Nicholas Ofczarek, Elizabeth Orth, Caroline Peter, Christiane von Poelnitz, Klaus Pohl, Branko Samarovski, Martin Schwab, dear-refines black, Heinrich Schweiger, Peter Simonischek, Johannes Terne, Ulrich Tukur, Gert Voss, Werner Wölbern, Johanna Wokalek, Gusti wolf, Heinz Zuber.
former ensemble members
famous one former ensemble members: Wolf Albach Retty, pink Albach Retty, Raoul Aslan, Ewald Balser, Joachim bite Meier, Hedwig remain-faithfully, Marcus Bluhm, Uwe Bohm, Markus Boysen, Rolf Boysen, Marion Breckwoldt, trusting God Buhre, refuge Caspar, Bruno Dallansky, Theodor Danegger, max of Devrient, Birgit Doll, Margarethe Dux, Christine close house, O. W. Fischer, Peter Fitz, Ludwig Gabillon, Zerline Gabillon, Wolfgang Gasser, Alexander Girardi, Boy Gobert, Käthe gold, Carla Hagen, Amalie Haizinger, Heidemarie Hatheyer, Jürgen Hentsch, Thomas Holtzmann, Judith wood master, Attila Hörbiger, Paul Hörbiger, Wolfgang pretty, Curd Jürgens, Josef Kainz, IDA Krottendorf, Josef Lewinsky, Pavel Landovsky, Hugo Lindinger, Robert Lindner, Theo Lingen, Ferdinand Maierhofer, Leslie mark clay/tone, Paulus Manker, Johanna Matz, Josef my wheel, Heinz Moog, Hans Moser, Ulrich trouble, Fritz Muliar, Alfred Neugebauer, Dorothea Neff, Susi Nicoletti, Hanns Obonya, max of Ophüls, Erika Pluhar, wants Quadflieg, Heinz Reincke, Ulrich Reinthaller, roll ago Reyer, Heinz resting man, ennobles sand skirt, Fritz Schediwy, Joseph Schreyvogel, Albin Skoda, Adolf of Sonnenthal, Lena pride, Curth Anatol Tichy, Jane tildes, Hans Thimig, Helene Thimig, Martha Wallner, Peter wake, Oskar Werner, Paula Wessely, Charlotte Wolter, Klausjürgen Wussow
as guests for individual roles came and. A. Meriam Abbas, Barbara Auer, Bibiana Beglau, Senta Berger, Josef Bierbichler, Hans Christian sheet metal, Pinkas brown, Margit Carstensen, Ingrid Caven, August Diehl, Karoline squirrel, Veronika Fitz, Cornelia Froboess, Olivia Grigolli, Matthias Habich, Corinna Harfouch, O. E. Hate, Hannelore Hoger, Marianne Hoppe, Christine buyer, Klaus Kinski, Jutta lamp, Hermann of lice, Helmuth Lohner, Susanne Lothar, Eva matte, Sunnyi Melles, briefly Meisel, Karl notice-corrode, Bernhard Minetti, Tobias Moretti, Hans Michael deer mountain, Martin Reinke, Hans's Christian Rudolph, Ilse knight, Sophie Rois, Udo Samel, Otto Sander, Maximilian Schell, Otto give, Christoph Schlingensief, walter Schmidinger, Robert Stadlober, Tilda Swinton, Susanne Tremper, Ulrich Tukur, Angela Winkler, Ulrich Wildgruber, Gisela Uhlen, Hans's Dieter Zeidler
directors at the castle theatre
- management Röbbeling: Josef Gielen, Ernst Lothar, Otto Preminger, harsh ore Waniek
- management Gielen: Axel of Ambesser, Raoul Aslan, Ewald Balser, Ulrich praying TAC, walter Davy, Leon Epp, walter rock stone, Josef Gielen, Joseph luck man, Curd Jürgens, Leopold Lindtberg, Theo Lingen, Ernst Lothar, Charles Regnier, Adolf rot, OSCAR Fritz shoe, Hans Thimig, Berthold quarter, Eduard Volters, harsh ore Waniek, Oskar Wälterlin, Philipp Zeska
- management rot: Josef Gielen, Adolf rot
- management Haeusserman: Fritz Kortner, Gustav RudolfSellner, Rudolf Steinboeck
- management blade mountain: Peter Arens, Erich Auer, Erwin Axer, Jean Louis Barrault, Achim Benning, Edward bond, Pinkas brown, Kazimierz Dejmek, Dieter thorn, Jaroslav Dudek, Bruno Felix, Walter rock stone, Karl fruit man, To Wolfgang luck, Roberto Guicciardini, Peter resound, Dietrich Haugk, Gerd Heinz, Gerhard F. Herring, Michael Kehlmann, Gerhard blade mountain, Otomar Krejca, Wolfgang Liebeneiner, Leopold Lindtberg, Peter Lotschak, Conny Hannes Meyer, Mario Missiroli, Claus Peymann, Jean Pierre Ponnelle, Adolf rot, Jean Paul Roussillon, Luca Ronconi, Otto give, Hans Schweikart, Rudolf Steinboeck, Giorgio Strehler, Konrad Swinarski, Otto rope victory, Ernst Wendt, Rudolf Wessely, harsh ore Wochinz, Peter Wood, Fritz Zecha
- management Benning: Erwin Axer, Achim Benning, Dieter Bernese, Benno Besson, Adolf Dresen, Karl fruit man, arm and Gatti, Dieter Giesing, Terry Hands, Hans Hollmann, Angelika Hurwicz, Gerhard blade mountain, Thomas long-hope, Leopold Lindtberg, Juri Ljubimow, Jonathan Miller, Jerome Savary, Johannes Schaaf, Otto give, Peter Wood, Horst Zankl
- management Peymann: Einar Schleef, Ruth mountain building, Luc Bondy, Dieter Giesing, Michael Haneke, Matthias's Hartmann, Leander house man, Karin handle, Uwe Jens Jensen, Alfred Kirchner, Konstanze loud brook, Cesare Lievi, Paulus Manker, Wilfried Minks, Claus Peymann, Niels Peter Rudolph, Giorgio Strehler, Peter Zadek
- management Bachler: Tamás ashtray, Stefan brook man, Igor Bauersima, Karin Beier, Andrea Breth, Barbara Frey, KlausMichael Grüber, Sebastian Hartmann, Niklaus Helbling, Friederike Heller, Grzegorz Jarzyna, Stephan Kimmig, Martin Kušej, Thomas long-hope, Carolin Pienkos, Christiane Pohle, Silviu Purcarete, Árpád Schilling, Christoph Schlingensief, Nicolas Stemann, Peter Zadek
- Helene Bettelheim Gabillon: In the indication of the old castle theatre. Viennese literary institute, Vienna and others 1921
- Heinz child man: The castle theatre. Inheritance and transmission of a national theatre. Luser, Vienna and Leipzig 1939
- Ernst Hauessermann: Viennese the castle theatre. Molden, Vienna and. A. 1975 ISBN 3-217-00517-1
- Minnaof Alth and Gertrude Obzyna:Castle theatre 1776-1976. Performances and occupations of 200 years. 2 volumes. Ueberreuter, Vienna 1979
- Elizabeth Grossegger: The castle theatre and its public. 2 volumes. Publishing house of the ÖAW, Vienna 1989 ISBN 3-7001-1616-0
- Hermann hatchet (Hrsg.): World comedy Austria. 13 years castle theatres. 1986-1999.3 volumes. Zsolnay, Vienna 1999 ISBN 3-552-04946-0
- Franz Severin Berger, Christiane Holler: The castle theatre. A leader around and by the house at the ring. Link linkpublishing houselink publishing house, Vienna 2000 ISBN 3-85191-236-5
- Klaus Dermutz: The castle theatre 1955-2005, with an essay by Klaus Bachler. Deuticke in PaulZsolnay publishing house, Vienna 2005 ISBN 3-552-06022-7
- Claudia buyer Fressner: The castle theatre. Architecture, history and stories. FOLIO VerlagsgesmbH, Vienna 2005 ISBN 3-852-56328-3
Web on the left of
coordinates: 48° 12 ′ 37 " N, 16° 21 ′ 39 " O