|based||1972 as new England Whalers to the WHA, 1979 as a hard Ford Whalers to the NHL taken up, 1997 removal after Carolina|
|association colors||red, black, knows|
|general manager||Jim Rutherford|
|division title||three - 1999, 2002, 2006|
Carolina Hurricanes are an ice hockey crew in the North American professional league NHL. Carolina Hurricanes was created 1971 under the name new England Whalers and was from 1972 to 1979 member of the World Hockey Association (WHA). In the year 1979 the team changed into the NHL and accepted the name hard Ford Whalers. In the year 1997 the team moved after Raleigh (North Carolina), the USA and in Carolina Hurricanes was renamed.
The team colors are red, black and white.
The plays are delivered in the RBC center (capacity of 18,176 spectators).
Table of contents
successes and honours
sporty ones of successes
- most plays: Ron Francis of 1,186 plays in 16 Saisonen.
- Most successive plays: Dave Tippett 419 (3. March 1984 to 7. October 1989)
- Most gates: Ron Francis of 382 gates
- most collecting mains: Ron Francis 793 collecting mains
- most points: Ron Francis 1,175 points (382 gates + 793 collecting mains)
- most punishing minutes: Kevin Dineen 1,439 punishing minutes
- most Shutouts: Arturs Irbe 20 Shutouts
- most gates in one season: Blaine Stoughton of 56 gates (NHL 1979/80)
- most collecting mains in one season: Ron Francis 69 collecting mains (NHL 1989/90)
- most points in one season: Mike Rogers 105 points (44 gates + 61 collecting mains NHL 1979/80; 40 gates + 65 collecting mains NHL 1980/81)
- most points as Rookie: Sylvain Turgeon 72 points (40 gates + 32 collecting mains; NHL 1983/84)
- Most punishing minutes in one season: Torry Robertson 358 punishing minutes (NHL 1985/86)
(the list contains also the captains that new England Whalers (WHA) and that hardaway Whalers)
members that Hockey resound to OF Fame
acquaintance former players
- 3 Steve Chiasson , D, 1996-1999 (not official closed, is however not assigned. Chiasson died with a car accident at the night after the Playoff from 1999.
- 9 Gordie Howe, RW, 1977-80 (from hard Fords taken over, however no banner in the RBC center hangs)
- 10 Ron Francis, C, 1982-91 (hard Ford) and 1998-2004
the back number 99 is generally in the NHL in honours of Wayne Gretzky closed.
Web on the left of
Mighty Ducks OF Anaheim | Atlanta Thrashers | Bad clay/tone Bruins | Buffalo Sabres | Calgary Flames | Carolina Hurricanes | Chicago Blackhawks | Colorado Avalanche | Columbus Blue Jackets | Dallas of star | Detroit talk Wings | Edmonton Oilers | Florida Panthers | Los Angeles Kings | Minnesota game | Canadiens de Montréal | Nashville Predators | New jersey Devils | New York Islanders | New York Ranger | Ottawa of senator | Philadelphia of Flyers | Phoenix Coyotes | Pittsburgh Penguins | Pc. Louis Blues | San Jose Sharks | Tampa Bay Lightning | Toronto Maple Leafs | Vancouver Canucks | Washington Capitals