Chambéry (dt: Kamrach) is a French university town in the south alps. The place possesses an airport. Chambéry is to 54,100 inhabitants ( conditions in the region Rhône Alpes and has on a surface of 20,99 km ²: 2003).
The city is appropriate for 270 m high and is the capital of the department Savoie. Far far away are not the regional nature parks “Massif of the Bauges” and “La Chartreuse”. In the south the wine situations of the Coteaux de la Combe de Savoie border, in the north of the Lac you Bourget, the largest nature lake of France.
In Chambéry is the house of Jean Jacques Rousseau.
Table of contents
already the Romans had here a settlement, which they called Lemencum. The city residence of the dukes of Savoyen was later.
objects of interest
- cathedral Saint Francois de Sales (15. /16. Century)
- church Saint Pierre de Lemenc
- Château of the Ducs de Savoie (12. /15 century)
- Château Caramagne
- Château de Buisson Rond
sons and daughters of the city
- Michel de Certeau, Soziologe and Kulturphilosoph
- Joseph de Maistre, Abgeordneter in the national assembly
of twin cities
- Albstadt in Baden-Wuerttemberg
Web on the left of
coordinates: 45° 34 ' 02 " N, 05° 55 ' 18 " O