Christian Thomasius (* 1. January 1655 in Leipzig; † 23. September 1728 in resounds) was a German lawyer and philosopher. It carried by its occurring for one human code of criminal procedure substantially for the abolishment of the witch processes and the torture with (see witch theoreticians). .
Table of contents
Christian Thomasius became at the 1. January 1655 in Leipzig as a son of thePhilosopher Jakob Thomasius, teacher of Gottfried William Leibniz, born. Already very early it studied physics, mathematics, history and philosophy at the University of Leipzig. 1671 he already attained the degree of a Baccalaureus.
1672 it became Magister thatPhilosophy. At the time appeared et Samuel of Pufendorfs “Jus naturae gentium”, whose from the Leipziger Orthodoxie rejected ideas he knew to set logically nothing against. Doubting in its young personness rather its understanding, because its teachers, he turneditself the jurisprudence too, which should become for its whole life its occupation.
ThatStudy of Pufendorfs “Apologia “was like a revealing for Thomasius. As talented and well-bred professor son and Professuranwärter he had pulled to Frankfurt (or ) - as rationalist and reconnaissance aircraft, combatmerrily and victory-trusting he left it.
After a short journeyto Holland it pulled again back into its hometown - to Leipzig. Here he predominantly worked as a defender in Kriminalfällen and held private lectures. 1684 put on itself Thomasius with the entire scholar shank of Germany, ranted against Pedantismus, Scholastik, Orthodoxie, Letter knowledge and spirit solidification. Drug along the Leipziger academic youth followed, then Northern Germany its fight completely. In a thesis over Bigamie it placed these after most extreme nature right, thus going beyond Pufendorf, as if permits.
After it had itself in Leipzig all and each made the enemy, it left 1690 its father city Leipzig and pulled after resounded (Saale). Here it justified the legal faculty of the university with its lectures resounds. As success of its efforts the resounding ash university was solemn-formally created 1694. Besides it holds as first lectures in more German instead of Latin language.
In the work “Summary draft of the basic rules, one studioso juris to know nöthig “met Thomasius 1699 its legal opinions.
In November 1701 its “Dissertatio appeared de crimine magiae “, in which he not only the provableness, but finally the possibilitythe devil alliance rejected. It demanded the abolishment of all witch processes.
Thomasius led a fight against the validity of the Roman right in Germany in private law. It transfers the insight into the meaning of the domestic right into its 1708 appeared writing “Selecta Feudalia “also on the Feudalrecht, later also on state and criminal law. 1710 it appointed the full professor of the legal faculty of the university resounds.
- text book of the nature right (1687)
- Institutiones iurisprudentiae divinae (1688)
- summary draft of the basic rules to know one studioso juris nöthig (1699)
- the Decrimine magiae (1701)
- Fundamenta iuris naturae et gentium (1705)
- Selecta Feudalia (1708)
- Ernst Bloch: Christian Thomasius, a German scholar without misery. - Frankfurt/M. : Suhrkamp, 1968
- Christoph Bühler: The nature legal doctrine and Christian Thomasius (1655-1728). - Regensburg: Roderer, 1991. - ISBN 3-89073-524-X
- max meat man: Christian Thomasius : Life and life's work. - Aalen: Scientia Verl., 1979 (Repr. D. Expenditure. 1931) - ISBN 3-511-00587-6 Martin
- Kühnel resounds: The politicalThink by Christian Thomasius : State of, society, citizen. - Berlin: Duncker & Humblot, 2001. - ISBN 3-428-10260-6
- Werner of cutter: Christian Thomasius, 1655-1728 : Interpretation to work and effect. - Hamburg: Mine, 1989. - ISBN 3-7873-0922-5
- Peter Schröder: ChristianThomasius for introduction. - Hamburg: Junius Verl., 1999. - ISBN 3-88506-997-0
- Friedrich Vollhardt (Hrsg.): Christian Thomasius (1655-1728) : new research in the context of the early clearing-up. - Tübingen: Niemeyer, 1997. - ISBN 3-484-36537-4
- Irmgard Wedemeyer: The people picture of the Christian Thomasius. - Goettingen, Univ. Diss., 1955
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Christian Thomasius in the catalog of the DDB
- proofs with Litlinks
- De criminae magiae in the Bibliotheca Augustana, lat.
- Writing overthe torture, lat.
- Detailed biography as entry in the ADB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German lawyer and philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1. January 1655|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|
|DYING DATE||23. September 1728|