Colin Dexter (* 29. September 1930 as Norman Colin Dexter in Stamford, Lincoln-almost) is a British writer of detective stories, in which its main figure Inspector Morse solves cases in occasionally unusual way its.
Table of contents
originating from a good-civil family, studied Dexter first the classical fan at the university of Cambridge, which it also at a high school in the East of avoiding country to inform meant. Aswith it signs of a deafness beginning broke off, accepted it a post 1966 at a college in Oxford , where it was responsible primarily for the elaboration of test tasks and the examination of their results and latin as well as Greek at the upper stage informed, so far itit his illness permitted. It should process this handicap later into the which is silent world of the Nicholas Quinn.
the change to the author
nearly anecdoteful history, how it came to the letter of its detective stories, was frequently kolportiert :
Thereupon it that it could do this nevertheless probably still better, thought and wrote the last bus after Woodstock, its first supervisor mortar Oman. The experience assuch, speak in a hotel to stick, described Dexter finally humorously into a fair for all the dead ones.
Relatively fast it succeeded to it, for the novel a fair for all the dead ones as well as the dead ones of Jericho the Silver Dagger of the British Crime Writers' Association to win. Murder at the Oxford channel and dark ones of reasons received, the most renowned British honor for detective stories to the gold Dagger. 1997 received Colin Dexter for its life's work the dia. moon Dagger.
universe its novels play in Oxford or its environment as well as thatcultivated environment of the Oxbridge - area. Morse solves its cases always unorthodox and pursues gladly several theories, whereby him its comprehensive general knowledge always comes to the assistance, which it demonstrates gladly when record suspicious, all morning filling out the cross word mystery from The Time. It always distrusts to light solutions; is importantit the motive of the author. Without the ideas of its coworkers he never does, although everything goes to him too slowly. Even long to the documents it successfully seizes put cases. Dexter draws its hero as a most ambivalente personality: Morse, in early yearsunfortunately in love, lives lonely in good conditions, in order to affect always suspicious women or later victims, who purge to its charm and the view of its steel-blue eyes, strangely attractively. There this love however always - up to short moments (a fair for allthe dead ones) - unfulfilled to be or even the Tragik of the missed chance must contained, like e.g. into the dead ones of Jericho, also its slope explains itself as however its and that allegedly thinking accelerating alcohol, what still aggravates its diabetes and finallyalso to its death it leads, whereby Dexter die its heroes, it the case to solve however nevertheless leaves. In addition Morse is probably beside Josephine Tey's supervisor Alan Grant, that as a bored hospital patient in alibi for a king (“Daughter OF Time”, 1951) even the mörderischen callRichards III. to rehabilitate could, the only hero of a crime film, which brings one even from the patient bed more than 100 years past Kriminalfall to the dissolution.
- the last bus after Woodstock (English. Load bus ton of Woodstock, 1975)
- … became it lastseen (English. Load lakes Wearing, 1976)
- the being silent world of the Nicholas Quinn (English. The silent World OF Nicholas Quinn, 1977)
- a fair for all the dead ones (English. Service OF universe the DEAD, 1979)
- the dead ones of Jericho (English. TheDEAD OF Jericho, 1981)
- the mystery of the third mile (English. The Riddle OF the Third Mile, 1983)
- hats you before masquerades (English. The Secret OF of annexes 3, 1986)
- murder at the Oxford channel (English. The Wench Is DEAD, 1989)
- Death for Don Juan (English. The Jewel That which Ours, 1991)
- dark one of reasons (English. The Way Through The Woods, 1992)
- its case, Inspector Morse (Stories) (English. Morse's Greatest Mystery and OTHER Stories, 1993)
- the corpse at the river (English. TheDaughter OF Cain, 1994)
- death is my neighbour (English. Death is Now My Neighbour, 1996)
- and is briefly our life (English. The Remorseful Day, 1999)
it gave an English TV serial (1987 - 2000 of Carl clay/tone Television) around the Inspector Morse (actor: John Thaw, 1942-2002), their 33 consequences partly on the novels ColinDexters are based.
- “Dexter is all other authors mile far ahead” (The Literary Review)
- “since shearing LOCK of cross-beam gives it to the English Kriminalliteratur no more interesting figure than Chief Inspector Morse… “ (South German newspaper)
Web on the left of
|| * Literature of and over Colin Dexter in the catalog of the DDB
- pictorial bibliography of the 1. Edition (English)
- haven guessing study Dexters by the photographer Nigel Spalding
- Colin Dexter on crime film Couch.de -, bibliography and reviews person data
|Dexter||, Colin ALTERNATIVE NAME|
|Norman||Colin Dexter SHORT DESCRIPTION|
|haven-guess/advise||English crime film writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. September 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stamford, Lincoln-almost, England|