After the statistics of 2004 it is the largest city of the state with a number of inhabitants of 730.008. Columbus is at the same time the seat of Franklin County.
The Hauptcampus that OhioState University is in Columbus. It is the second largest which is connected Campus of the United States. The state government and the university dominate the city.
Columbus is homeland of many sport teams. Likewise there are four airports in the city.
It is the twin city of the Saxonian metropolis Dresden.
the city has a surface of 550,5 km 2, of it 544.6 km 2 land surface and 5.9 km 2 water surface. 1.07% of the surface are water.
after the statistics of 2000 has the city of 711,470 inhabitants, 301,534 householdsand 165,240 families. The population density amounts to 1,306, 4/km 2. From the population 67.93% white, 24.47% Afroamerikaner, are 0.29% American natives, 3.44% Asian, 0.05% Pacific Insulaner, 1.17% of other origin, 2.65% are mixed origin. 2.46% are Latinos.
From 301,534 households have 28.0% children under18 years. 36.1% of it do not consist of married one and living together pairs, 14.5% are alone-educating mothers, 45.2% are families. 34.1% all house owner consist of Singles, 7.0% are alone-living humans over 65. The average size of the households amounts to 2,30. The average family has 3.01 persons.
24.2% the inhabitant are under 18, 14.0% between 18 and 24, 35.1% between 25 and 44, 17.9% between 45 and 64, 8.9% over 65. The average age is 31 years. The relationship between women and men amounts to 100:94,6. For the group of old over 18 the relationship amounts to 100:91,9.
The average income thatHouseholds $37.897 amounts to. The average income of a family amounts to $47.391. Men have an average income of $35.138, Mrs. $28.705. Per head the income of the city amounts to $20.450. 14.8% of the population and 10.8% of the families live below the poverty border. 18.7% are from this humans under 18 years and10.9% over 65 years.
sons and daughters of the city
- Robert Atkins, Kardiologe and nourishing scientist
- Majel bar-save, to actress and widow by genes Roddenberry
- Warner Baxter, actors
- Richard Biggs, television and theatre actor
- Prescott Bush, US-Senator and Geschäftsführer of the barrier Street bankBrown Brothers Harriman
- Mary Campbell, was 1922 and 1923 second and third measures America
- Beverly D'Angelo, US-American actress and singer
- James Douglas, box world champion in the heavyweight
- Donn Eisele, astronaut, flew with Apollo 7 to the universe
- Maggie Grace, actress
- archie Griffin, former football player
- SAM Hanks, US-American running driver
- Eileen kind of tail, actress
- Rahsaan Roland Kirk, saxophonist and multi-instrument valleyist
- Jack pitch louse, former professional Golfer
- Edward Vernon Rickenbacker, was an American flier ASS during the First World War
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, historian
- Roger Smith, CEOof general of engine
- R. L. Stine, US-American child book author
- Philip Michael Thomas, US-amerikanischer actor
- Rico Smith, US-American RAP - artist
- Bow Wow, US-amerikanischer RAP - artist
Albany | Annapolis | Atlanta | Augusta | Austin | Baton Rouge | Bismarck | Boise | Bad clay/tone | Carson town center | Charleston | Cheyenne | Columbia | Columbus | Concord | Denver | The Moines | Dover | Franc away | Harrisburg | Hard Ford | Helena | Honolulu | Indianapolis | Jackson | Jefferson town center | Juneau | Lansing | Lincoln | Little skirt | Madison | Montgomery | Montpelier | Nashville | Oklahoma town center | Olympia | Phoenix | Pierre | Providence | Raleigh | Smelling moon | Sacramento | Saint Paul | Salem | Salt Lake town center | Santa Fe | Springfield | Tallahassee | Topeka | Trenton