|of these articles describes the supernatural nature; for the film of the same name see Dämon - trust no soul or the book of the same name of Matthew Delaney or for the film likewise of the same name of Bill Paxton Dämonisch|
of the Dämon [ˈdɛːmɔn] (Pl.: Dämonen [dɛˈmoːnən]; of griech.: δαίμονας démonas = [supernatural] the nature, Biblically (gospel to matte house) „the impure spirit”, in addition, neutrally δαιμόνιο demónio = the genius.
To table of contents
origin and history
after Christian teachings the Dämonen, or also impure spirit mentioned, once angels were,the God served. The angel prince, who is called Satan, revolted itself against God, since it wanted to use its liberty to be even God. God should be fallen, set themselves thus Satan on the throne and overthe creation to prevail could. Satan took its trailers (probably a third of the angels) for this plan to the assistance. God was however stronger, threw Satan and its trailers from the eternal fine-material sky realm and limited sow to rule range on roughmaterial earth. From this time on many humans in the world of Dämonen became invisibly, but entices not „unwirkbar”, and presses; siehe auch Besessenheit, Exorzismus. Whereby straight these, expressly by God certified, pressing „examinations” the ground connection people to maturingand Läuterung of their souls to serve can, after own free will.
Originally however the word descends from the Greek daimon and is called literally translated „protection spirit “or „protection gel “. The word daimon again is derived from the Greek daimonion, „the fate “or „consciences”,that humans accompanies at any time invisible. Some mean, only in the course of the Middle Ages became the word Dämon and/or. the associated nature in negatives posed. Christian Urglaube however assumes around each people soul or several „protection spirit”/„Protection gel” their protective function and only such temptations and erring exercise permit, those the umsorgten soul with their processing and/or. Accomplishment mental-mentally developing further to serve know.
a tremendous number
- Dämonen took up history of the Dämonenglaubens the old Egyptiansthe earth, in air and in the water on. The Chaldäer could do such, whose stay and effectiveness were bound at certain areas apart from its himmlischen spirit which is connected with the star service also, and still more deeply down the verfinsterten spirit, upand in the earth and in their atmosphere, like the fire, light, field spirit, etc. lived.
- We find the Dämonenlehre brought into a system with the Persern, which the Ormuzd except the seven Amschaspands (s.d.) many good geniuses and that Ahriman except the seven Dews still countless bad spirit subordinated.
- In the antique Greece Dämonen were seen first in all expressing nature phenomena (supernatural nature), e.g. Sheet-rush in the wind, cicada cicadas etc., later only than effect strength during unsettled procedures or processes,e.g. Fermentation of milk or alcohol, evaporation, decay, decomposition, aging, etc. In the old Orient Dämonen were considered as part of the world order, as the origin was awarded to them by illness and also death. The Greek Epenschreiber Hesiod (about 700 v.Chr.) describes inits Hauptwerk Theogonie the faith in whole crowds and different classes of Dämonen as intermediate natures between the Gods and humans. They umschweben humans as quasi invisible guards over right and injustice and donate also wealth. In addition they workin the terrestrial sphere as nature and elementary spirit, either as benefactors or as crude. A larger role plays the Dämonologie also in the again-Platonic philosophy (starting from approximately 300 n.Chr.), which the whole Polytheismus of the Greeks in shape of the faith onDämonen, which should manage nature and all life relations as Untergötter and mediate as „world-creative central natures “between needy humans and the divinity, to its system with took up. The philosophers have this faith with many individual relations on natureand the human soul life (also with transmission into the mysterious spirit world of the deceased) always further trained. Particularly in two directions the same stepped out:
- Once the Dämonen was meant as serving forces and accompanying environment of the individual Kultusgötter (in which applicationthey frequently more individual shape and name assume).
- On the other hand the Dämonen individual humans (or also peoples) was zugesellte spirit natures in opinion of the Dämonologie at that time, which the same from the birth on all their life ways accompany. The effect of these Dämonen expresseditself once to the protection and welfare, in addition, for the damage of humans. Therefore one accepted later also two Dämonen for each particular: a good and a bad. In addition, the general faith was that of the Dämon of each particularGood or bad would come that the Dämon one powerfully or in a well-meaning manner, which is ill-wanting the other one weak or.
- Sokrates speaks Dämonion in this faith of its „“as of a good spirit, which him of firstYears of his life accompanied on and always from wrong one held.
- First also the old heidnischen Gods lived as Dämonen still for a long time away at the beginning of the Christianity with some humans. One believed also following old-Jewish conceptions (in such a way describedwith Lactantius) to numerous influencing, however also „Central Powers which can be avoided vehement on the Menschengeschlecht by humans”, which one introduced oneself as pleased angels or as giants (sons of the angels and the daughters of humans) and thought. Everythingthese spirit was considered „to the realm of God” as well as humans as extremely bad and hostilely gesinnt. Some regarded it as the actual authors of the mischief in nature and believed, them became earthquake, epidemics, etc. bring out. The Dämonen applied unitesto keep finally as the authors of the entire Heidentums, to which they would have enticed humans, in order it in their force.
- The Zoroastrismus unfolds its own Dämonenglauben for instance in form of the Dämonin Drug (lie), the corpse witch Nasu or the anger shape Aesma Daeva Asmodeus. While still Plato Dämonen understands as intermediary shapes between Gods and humans, the purely negative estimate of the Dämonen strengthens with the antique Judentum and Christianity.
- In the old writings of the Hebräer the Dämonologie plays one completelysubordinated role; only few intruders from the evenly discussed religions make themselves bemerklich. With full power against it the faith in the Dämonen penetrated into Jewish consciousness since the contact with the Parsismus during the Jewish exiles. The spiritnow differentiated into good and badly (devil), both were divided again into classes, occupied with names and entrusted with offices, marked in particular than protection gel for cities and countries. On the effect of the bad Dämonen one led often illness, particularly raving craze, Epilepsy, sudden mute or and also all kinds of mental disorder back. This were „the possessing” or „careless spirit” of the new will. Still more complete training and an exhaustive terminology proceeding with nearly nature-historical accuracy received the Dämonologiein the Gnostizismus, Rabbinismus and Kabbalismus, so that there was last no part of the nature and conditions of the life more, over which one would not have set spirit.
- Somewhat differently the Dämonenglaube developed with the Romans, whothe Greek ideas, but also eastern conceptions (by mediating Etruriens) did not only take up and trained further. Here the Dämonen appears as geniuses so mentioned. With these conceptions then the Dämonenglaube of the Christians of the first centuries goes parallel.
- In that the Dämonen (Asuras) has Indian mythology a firm place. In the Hinduismus they are the opponents of the Gods (Devas). After old Indian conception the Dämonen was once Gods. When the Asuras was created, one gave them asGift the truth and the lie also, whereby they put the truth down later and was dämonisiert. There is different Dämonengruppen, the Daityas, the Maruts or the Rakshasas, those often as animals, e.g. Vulture, dogs or tigers, or as particularlyugly humans to be represented.
- The Islam regards the Dschinnen as dämonische natures created from the fire, which beside angels, Teufeln and humans an own meaning to have. They can operate with humans; bad Dschinnen is considered as a devil (sayatin). Salomo made itself it as per. Koran 34, 12-14 as the first servable. They appear frequent as creeping Getier, black dogs and wind trousers. Dschinnen are evaluated also positively. Thus Mohammed showed up first anxiously over the reproach, only from oneTo be possessed Dschinn.
|Wiktionary: Dämon - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Asmodis, Angat, Asael, Asag, Baal, Befana, Belial, Beelzebub, Chutriel, Luzifer, Mephisto, Pluto, devil, portal: Bible, Dämonologie
- of thought experiments in the physics
- for the term of the Daemons in computer science see: Daemon
- Otto Böcher, Gunther Wanke, GünterStemberger, Georges Tavard:Dämonen I. Religion-historically II. Old will III. Judentum IV. New will V. Church-historically. In: Theological material encyclopedia 8 (1981), S. 270-300 (wissensch. Overview)