Table of contents
To 23. December 1935 was delivered for the first time a final around the German association cup, at that time the of Tschammer cup, designated after the realm sport leader Hans von Tschammer and Osten. Model was the English football with its annual cup final game, whichfrom 1923 to 2002 in the Londoner Wembley stadium was delivered.
The first final game took place in the Düsseldorfer Rhine stadium before 60.000 spectators. In the final the previous year master fiber plastic Schalke 04 and the record master at that time 1 stood itself. Fiber plastic Nuremberg opposite. Nuremberg wonthe play something surprisingly with 2:0.
After the Second World War it lasted in the Federal Republic of Germany until 1952, until the DFB brought the association cup back to life.
To the winner 52 cm a high cup becomes from gilded since 1965 Sterlingsilber hand over. In the year 1991 the base of the Trophäe, which liquid seizes eight litres, was increased in order 5 cm, in order to create place for further winner engravings.
To the GDR 1949 a cup were already introduced, the FDGB cup. There inat the time at that time no associations, played in the FDGB cup first the different operating sport communities were permitted to the GDR. First Cup winner became to 28. August 1949 in resounds the BSG building of railroad cars Dessau, which defeated the BSG Gera south with 1:0.
- record Cup winners: Fiber plastic Bavaria Munich (13 titles)
- longest victory series: Fortuna Duesseldorf (18 victories in consequence between 1978 and1981)
all plays in the DFB cup over a regular play time by 2 x 45 minutes are delivered. The winner of a play draws into the next round. If it stands after the regular play time undecided, the play becomesby 2 x extends 15 minutes. Even if it stands after the extension still remis, the winner in a penalty shootout is determined. The modes temporarily valid with other competitions golden Goal and Silver Goal were so far not used in the DFB cup.
To1977 were accomplished with an undecided after extension first no penalty shootout, but set a repetition play. The home right turned around. Only even if it stood in the repetition play after extension undecided, it came to the penalty shootout. After the final game in the year1977 between Hertha BSC Berlin and that 1. Fiber plastic Cologne after extension 1:1 ended and in the history of the DFB cup within two days a repetition play to be for the first time set had, modified one this regulation, there a so short term play setting substantial logisticProblems with itself brought. Starting from the season 1977/78 the final games were decided immediately with undecided Spielstand after extension by penalty shootout.
The regulation to set with undecided Spielstand after extension a repetition play became for the play rounds to inclusively the semi-final also after1977 maintain. Since setting of repetition plays led again and again to date problems, the mode was changed starting from the season 1991/92. Since that time in each round with undecided Spielstand after extension a penalty shootout is accomplished immediately, in order to determine the winner.
Teilnehmer aus den Amateurligen
Neben den 18 Bundesligisten und den 18 Zweitbundesligisten der abgelaufenen Saison qualifizierten sich für die kommende Saison folgende 28 Amateurmannschaften für den DFB-Pokal: the federation Cup winners of the 21 regional organizations and those in each case first and Zweitplatziertenthe play time run off in the regional leagues south and north. Since with the federation cups the winners of the circle cups are qualified, the theoretical possibility exists of being allowed to begin with the DFB cup for each Herrenmannschaft, even if it plays in the lowest league. Besidesmay in each case a further amateur club from the three DFB regional organizations, which have most Herrenmannschaften in the play enterprise (at present are this Bavaria, Westphalia and Lower Saxony), in the DFB cup to participate. Usually this is the losers federation cup - of the final game.
1. and 2. Since
the season 2000/2001 the associations of the soccer federal league are again committed to main round to take closed at the first main round part. This decided the adviser of the German football federation (DFB) at its meeting to 23.October 1999.
The mating of the first round is drawn lots from two containers, by those the crews of the federal league and 2. Federal league and the other one the amateur crews contain. Hereunder applies the status in the play year of the competition which can be drawn lots. An exceptionapplies to the four Aufsteiger to 2. Federal league, which are assigned to the amateur container deviating from their status. The amateur crews have home right. With the drawing to the second main round again from two pots one draws. In first are the associations of the license footballcontained, in second the amateur representatives, to who also the home right is given. Hereunder applies the status in the play year of the competition which can be drawn lots. Starting from the round of the last sixteen only from a container one draws. Then still the amateur representatives remained in the competition keep with plays approximatelyFederal league club further their home right.
eighth, quarter and semi-final
the Vorschlussrunden are drawn from a lot pot. The association drawn first has home right, it is at a play mating participates an amateur lyingist. This should in a portion approximatelya license player crew on second place to be pulled, is exchanged the home right.
the final game
the winners of the two half final plays meet one another since 1985 in the citizen of Berlin olympia stadium in the final. Until 1984 the final game place was specified relatively at short notice, after thoseFinalists were certain. Was selected mostly a place, which lay geographically in such a way that the groups of fans of both associations had one if possible equal far journey way.
The decision, the cup final independently of the final mating firmly into the olympia stadium in at that time still the divided and ofArea of the old Federal Republic of separated Berlin to assign, was at that time undisputed, did not work however fast. Fears, many fans would do because of the necessary transit journeys by the GDR at that time without an attendance of the final game, proved to be true not.
Citizens of Berlin the olympia stadiumbecame fast the “German Wembley” and the final games always took place before full ranks. Today the attractiveness of the final game is so large that many fans order tickets independently of the final mating promptly and the map contingents the available by farare not sufficient, in order to satisfy the demand. Also the associations involved, which receive generously measured map contingents for their trailers, complain partially violently that the enormous demand cannot be served appropriately. Since then the call “Berlin, is Berlin, we drivesto Berlin " with the fans of the victorious crews much likes.
Since the abolishment of the “Cup winner competition” on European level the winner of the DFB cup may begin in the next season in the UEFA cup. If the winner itself already in the federal league for those UEFA champion League, the championsleague qualification or the UEFA cup qualified, ignores the right of the participation in the UEFA cup automatically on the loser of the final game. If both final game participants are already qualified for the champions League or the UEFA cup, a further takesCrew from the federal league at the UEFA cup part. From this regulation 2004/2005 Bavarian 04 Leverkusen in the season, which as the table sixth was qualified for the UI-Cup actually only, profited. There however the finalists Bavaria Munich and the fiber plastic Schalke 04 inthe champions League play, went the place at Leverkusen.
straight line the participation (of often considerable) unterklassiger associations provides for tension and attraction of the DFB cup. Nearly each season succeeds it to amateur associations, associations from the 1. or 2. Leagueto switch off. Well-known examples for this were in the last years of the FV 09 Weinheim, the TSV Vestenbergsgreuth and the 1. Fiber plastics Magdeburg, which defeated the record master Bavaria Munich. The amateurs of Hertha BSC Berlin as well as the third lyingists at that time Energy Cottbus and 1. Fiber plastics union Berlin created it even in the final game. The largest sensations so far probably arrive kicker open brook and Hanover 96. Both associations won the cup as non--federal lyingist.
A special curiosity coined/shaped the DFB Pokalwettbewerb in the season1982/83: To the first and so far only mark both finalists came from the same city. In the Cologne Müngersdorfer stadium stood themselves the federal lyingist 1. Fiber plastic Cologne and the secondary lyingist sports club Fortuna Cologne opposite. The favored federal lyingist won the final with 1:0.
Thosemany surprises and the much-sworn to own „cup character “, i.e. the characteristic that in a play around all or nothing is and is determined in each case a winner, constitute the special attraction of the cup competition. A well-known empty phrase reads:„The cup has its own laws “.
the inclined cup
in the year 2002 let Schalke - manager Rudi Assauer the cup (according to own data from carelessness) fall, and damaged this thereby. Lasting for weeks was the inclined cup tooSchalke in the Schalke museum issued, until it was repaired for a price by approximately 32,000 euro.
DFB Cup winner
DFB Cup winner (after number):
- 1981 SSG 09 Bergisch Gladbach
- 1982 SSG 09 Bergisch Gladbach
- 1983 KBC Duisburg
- 1984 SSG 09 Bergisch Gladbach
- 1985 FSV Frankfurt
- 1986 TSV victories
- 1987 TSV victories
- 1988 TSV victories
- 1989 TSV victories
- 1990 FSV Frankfurt
- 1991 green white Brauweiler
- 1992 FSV Frankfurt
- 1993 TSV victories
- 1994 green white Brauweiler
- 1995 FSV Frankfurt
- 1996 FSV Frankfurt
- 1997 green white Brauweiler
- 1998 FCR Duisburg
- 1999 1. FFC Frankfurt
- 2000 1. FFC Frankfurt
- 2001 1. FFC Frankfurt
- 2002 1. FFC Frankfurt
- 2003 1. FFC Frankfurt
- 2004 1. FFC turbine potsdam
- 2005 1. FFC turbine potsdam
- 2006 1. FFC turbine potsdam
DFB Cup winner (after number):
|1. FFC Frankfurt||5|
|SSG 09 Bergisch Gladbach||3|
|green white Brauweiler||3|
|1. FFC turbine potsdam||3|
famous one DFB Cup winner and hero of the final games
- 1953 - Helmut Rahn (red white meals)
- 1954 and 1958 - Erwin Waldner (VfB Stuttgart)
- 1955, 1956 and 1957 - briefly summer rubber strip (Karlsruher sports club, fiber plastic Bavaria Munich), as only players three times in succession a DFB cup winner
- 1960 - Albert Brülls (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
- 1961 - Josef Piontek (sports association Werder Bremen)
- 1963 - Uwe Seeler (Hamburg sports association) having trick in the final game
- 1964 - Rudolf well Meier (1860 Munich)
- 1965 - Lothar Emmerich (Borussia Dortmund)
- 1966 - Franz basin farmer (Bavaria Munich)
- 1967 - Gerd Mueller (Bavaria Munich)
- 1968 - Hannes Löhr (1. Fiber plastic Cologne)
- 1969 - Gerd Mueller (Bavaria Munich) obtained both gates for Bavaria
- 1970 - refuge Gecks (kicker open brook)
- 1971 - Edgar cutter (Bavaria Munich) obtained the victory hit in thatExtension
- 1972 - Klaus Fischer (Schalke 04)
- 1973 - Günter Netzer (Borussia Moenchengladbach) victory hit in the extension
- 1974 - Bernd felling trees leg (unity Frankfurt)
- 1975 - Karl-Heinz Körbel (unity Frankfurt) obtained the victory hit
- 1976 - George people ore (Hamburg sports association)
- 1977 - Harald Schumacher (1. Fiber plastic Cologne)
- 1978 - Roger van Gool (1. Fiber plastic Cologne)
- 1979 - Wolfgang Seel (Fortuna Duesseldorf) victory hit in the extension from impossible angle
- 1980 - Thomas Allofs (Fortuna Duesseldorf) obtained 2:1 victory hit
- 1981 - Ronald Borchers (Unity Frankfurt)
- 1982 - Dieter Hoeness (Bavaria Munich) obtained a head ball gate despite head injury
- 1983 - Pierre suffering bar ski (1. Fiber plastic Cologne) obtained the victory hit in the so far only final game between two associations from a city: 1.FC Cologne - Fortuna Cologne
- 1984 - Michael Rummenigge (Bavaria Munich) obtained the crucial eleven-meter in the penalty shootout
- 1985 - Wolfgang shepherd (Bavarian Uerdingen) obtained the victory hit
- 1986 - Roland Wohlfarth (Bavaria Munich) obtained three gates
- 1987 - Manfred Kaltz (Hamburg sports association) obtained the victory hit
- 1988 - Lajos December air (unity Frankfurt) obtained the victory hit
- 1989 - Norbert Dickel (Borussia Dortmund) obtained two gates
- 1990 - Bruno Labbadia (1. Fiber plastic Kaiserslautern) double goal scorer
- 1991 - Ulrich Borowka (Werder Bremen) shot the crucial eleven-meter
- of 1992 - Jörg they verse (Hanover 96) the crucial eleven-meter of 1993
- - Ulf Kirsten ( Bavarian Leverkusen) obtained the victory hit 1994
- - Wynton Rufer ( Werder Bremen) held
- for 1995 - Martin dahlias (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
- 1996 - Martin Wagner (1. Fiber plastic Kaiserslautern) obtained 1:0 victory hit
- 1997 - Giovane Elber (VfB Stuttgart) obtained both hits to 2:0 victory
- 1998 - Mario Basler (Bavaria Munich) obtained the victory hit two minutes before conclusion
- 1999 - franc rust (Werder Bremen) held two eleven-meters and shot even the crucial
- 2000 - Stefan EFF mountain (Bavaria Munich) a gate prepares, the best player on the field
- 2001 - Jörg Böhme (Schalke 04) obtained both hits to 2:0 victory
- 2002 - Andreas Möller (Schalke 04)
- 2003 - Michael Ballack (Bavaria Munich) double goal scorer
- 2004 - Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen) double goal scorer
- 2005 - Hasan Salihamidzic (Bavaria Munich) shot 2:1 - victory hit
- 2006 - Claudio Pizarro (Bavaria Munich) shot 1:0 - victory hit
- R. Grengel, the German Wembley: 60 years association cup, Berlin1994.
- M. Kropp, DFB cup association yearbook, Kassel 2000.
- B. Milani et al., great moments of the sport, DFB cup, 2001.
Web on the left of
- German football federation over the DFB cup of the men
- German football federation over the DFB cup of Mrs
1953 | 1954 | 1955 | 1956 | 1957 | 1958 | 1959 | 1960 | 1961 | 1962 | 1963 | 1964 | 1965 | 1966 | 1967 | 1968 | 1969 | 1970 | 1971 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1975 | 1976 | 1977 | 1978 | 1979 | 1980 | 1981 | 1982 | 1983 | 1984 | 1985 | 1986 | 1987 | 1988 | 1989 | 1990 | 1991 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1995 | 1996 | 1997 | 1998 | 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006