Dalai Lama (from the Mongolian one: (Ocean-same teacher, of Dalai - mong. Ocean; Tibetan: Gyalpo Rinpoche) is the title of the highest lay and an important religious authority of the buddhistischen Tibet. The present XIV. DalaiLama is the monk Tenzin Gyatso.
table of contents
] position of the Dalai
Dalai Lama apply in the Tibetan Buddhismus as Bodhisattvas, thus as humans (see. Nirmanakaya), which decided from sympathy, by Reinkarnation again into the life or” into thoseto occur usual human existence “, in order to serve other natures, although they could have left the cycle of the Wiedergeburt as illuminated natures ( Buddhanatur). The Dalai Lama is considered to Avalokiteshvaras as “radiant emittance ” (tib. Chen rezig) the Bodhisattva of the sympathy.
A DalaiLama is in accordance with the tradition in Tibet a so-called Tulku. It is accepted that the previous deceased Dalai Lama accepts a Wiedergeburt as humans and these then be found can. Often this is done via a high-ranking, often from thatMedal guidance authorized Findungskomission. For example the four tenth Dalai Lama of several monks found, which visited families with infants in the country, with their birth special indications to have been it shown are (as special indications to be considered unusual dreams (of parents), unusual abilitiesthe child or rainbows). The monks placed several tasks to the infants, in order to find out, which of them is the again-born Dalai Lama. With one of the tasks it concerned approximately recognizing of personal ritual articles of the deceased (see. Reinkarnationsforschung).After the decision for one of the candidates is fallen, the child is explained officially as the Reinkarnation of the previous Dalai Lama and receives strict klösterliche training. Tenzin Gyatso became at the age of 4 ½ years in a public ceremony as 14.Dalai Lama inthronisiert.
In contrast to the European monarchy the title Dalai Lama is not left. Critics criticize the undemocratic proceeding.
The title “Dalai Lama” became in the year 1578 of the Mongolian prince Altan Khan for the first time at the 3. Dalai Lama (Sonam Gyatso) lent, its both predecessors became additional as DalaiLama recognition. As a special authority the Dalai Lama has a buddhagleichen status with many Tibetern.
In contrast to this the person of the four tenth Dalai Lama in the west apart from its moral authority has to make also (unofficial) the status of a peace Ambassador, which is due from its efforts, with all (peaceful) means attentive on the situation in its homeland Tibet andto publicise its politics of the non-violence. Its efforts toward peace and force renouncement were appreciated with the award of the Nobel peace prize in the year 1989.
list of the Dalai Lama
|official Transkription||lifetime||regency||Wylie transliteration||other way of writing (n)|
|1.||Gêdün Chub||1391- 1474||¹||dge `dun `dug||Gedun Drub, Gendun Drub, Gedun Drupa|
|2.||Gêdün Gyaco||1475 - 1541||¹||dge `dun rgya mtsho||Gendun Gyatso|
|3.||Soinam Gyaco||1543 - 1588||1578 - 1588||bsod nams rgya mtsho||Sonam Gyatso,Sönam Gyatso|
|4.||Yoindain Gyaco||1589 - 1616||[?]||yon tan rgya mtsho||Yonten Gyatso, Yönten Gyatso|
|5.||Gyaco praise-sang||1617 - 1682||1642 - 1682||blo bzang rgya mtsho||(Ngawang) praise-sang Gyatso|
|6.||Cangjang Gyaco||1683 - 1706||-||tshang dbyangs rgya mtsho||Tsangyang Gyatso, Tshangyang Gyatso|
|7.||Gaisang Gyaco||1708 - 1757||1720 - 1757||bskal bzang rgya mtsho||Kelzang Gyatso, Kelsang Gyatso|
|8.||Qambê Gyaco||1758 - 1804||1786 - 1804||byams spel rgya mtsho||Jamphel Gyatso,Jampel Gyatso|
|9.||Lungdog Gyaco||1806 - 1815||(1808 - 1815) ²||lung rtogs rgya mtsho||Lungtok Gyatso, Lungtog Gyatso, Luntog Gyatso|
|10.||Cüchim Gyaco||1816 - 1837||-||tshul khrim rgya mtsho||Tsultrim Gyatso, Tshultrim Gyatso|
|11.||Khaichub Gyaco||1838 - 1856||1855 - 1856||mkhas dug rgya mtsho||Khendrup Gyatso, Khedrup Gyatso|
|12.||Chinlai Gyaco||1856-1875||—||‘phrin las rgya mtsho||Trinley Gyatso, Trinle Gyatso|
|13.||Tubdain Gyaco||1876 - 1933||[?]||thub bstanrgya mtsho||Thubten Gyatso, Thupten Gyatso, Tubten Gyatso|
|14.||Dainzin Gyaco||since 1935||starting from 1950||bstan `dzin rgya mtsho||Tenzin Gyatso|
¹ that 1. and that 2. Dalai Lama was lent the title posthum.
² the 9. Dalai Lama becameofficially inthronisiert, governed however not really.
- of the Panchen Lama Lama stands for school in a teacher pupil relationship of the Gelug - to the Dalai.
- Colin Goldner: Case of a god king. Aschaffenburg: Alibri publishing house, 1999, ISBN 3932710215
- dung Dkar Blo Bzang Phrim reading: “The Merging OF Religious and Secular Rule OF Tibet”, Foreign LANGUAGEs press, Beijing 1993, ISBN 711900672X.
- Günther school man: The history of the Dalai Lamas.Leipzig 1958, ISBN B0000BNKWH
- Andreas Gruschke: Diederichs compactly - Dalai Lama. Kreuzlingen - Munich 2003, ISBN 3720524612
- Martin brewing (Hrsg.): The Dalai Lama. People customer museum of the University of Zurich 2005, ISBN 3897902192
- Karl-Heinz Golzio and Pietro Bandini: The fourteen Wiedergeburtenthe Dalai Lama. O.W.Barth publishing house, Berne Munich vienna 1997, ISBN 3-502-61002-9
- Michael of bridge: Religion and politics in the Tibetan Buddhismus. 1999, ISBN 3-466-20445-3
- Gilles van Grasdorff: “The Dalai Lama - the biography”. S.Fi publishing house GmbH 2004, ISBN 3-502-61133-5.
- Yá Hánzhāng 牙含章: “The Biographies OF the Dalai Lama” (Dálài Lǎmá chuán 达赖喇嘛传). Foreign LANGUAGEs press, Beijing 1993, ISBN 7-119-01267-3.
- Werner duke: Wheel of the time, 2004
- yokes width stone: The ringthe Buddha, 2001
- Martin Scorsese: Kundun, 1997
- Jean Jacques Annaud: Seven years in Tibet, 1997
- Bernardo Bertolucci: Little Buddha, 1993
Web on the left of
|Wikiquote: Dalai Lama - quotations|