The prosperity of the nations
the prosperity of the nations (more completely English. Title: At Inquiry into the Nature and Causes OF the Wealth OF nation) is that 1776 published Hauptwerk of the Scottish economist Adam Smith. It developed as counterpoint to up to then the politicoly-economic prevailing mercantilismand is one of the fundamental works of the economic science. Smith formulates therein among other things the principle of the invisible hand, a politico-economic basic assumption of the classical liberalism.
The prosperity of the nations is divided into five books:
- Which the productive forces of the work improves and afterwhich natural order their yield distributes itself on the individual layers of the population
- nature, accumulation and employment of the capital
- the different increase of the prosperity in individual countries
- of systems of the political economics
- finances of the national gentleman or the State of
In this work Adam Smith is received particularly on division of labor in developing Manufakturen and justifies its theories by the example of pin production in Südengland.