The moon Morris
Morris became internationally famous by its best-seller “the naked ape”. Various books followed to the body language of humans and animal, among other things „Bodywatching/Körpersignale “, „Babywatching “, „Catwatching “, „Dogwatching “and “Horsewatching”, which are present also on German.
after the conclusion of its education and its military service (1946-48) studied the moon Morris in Birmingham Zoologie (until 1951). Already during its military service it held lectures in forming art at the Chisledon Army college and began to paint professional.
Directly before beginning of its study, at the age of 20 years, Morris had its first Gemäldeausstellung in the Swindon kind Centre. 1950 it could do its paintings together with Joan Miró in the context of one looks surrealistischer works in London Gallery to present. Also 1950 wrote and produced it two surrealistische films: Time Flower and The Butterfly and the pin. Exhibitions in Belgium and Oxford followed. 1957 connected it its in up to then singular way with behavior-biological questions, by letting Schimpansen of canvases paint, its paintings and designs in the Londoner of institutes OF Contemporary to artistic interests kind issued and so also comparisons between anthropoids and people children to draw could.
There starting from autumn 1951 the moon Morris at the University of Oxford for Zoologie had written and researched themselves for its doctor degree (receive 1954) under the later Nobelpreisträger Nikolaas Tinbergen over aspects of communication in the reproduction behavior of the Stichlinge. Morris published almost 50 articles in technical periodicals, its first in the 1950er and 1960er-Jahren appeared already 1952 in Behaviour.
1956 went to Morris to London, where he became leader of Granada TV (until 1959), the television and film department of the zoo-logical society of London. For it it developed the verhaltenskundliche TV serial zoo time and for BBC2 100 consequences of would run into the Animal World. 1958 appeared its first Kinderbuch over a Schimpansen of the Londoner zoo: The story OF Congo, which was frequent in its television broadcasts to guest, and by abstract painting became famous. 1959 changed Morris to the Londoner zoo, where he was active until 1967 as a curator for mammals. 1967 appeared also that book, which made it rapidly world-famous: The Naked Ape: A Zoologist's Study OF the human Animal (German: The naked ape).
1967 it gave its employment up at the Londoner zoo and became a director at institutes the OF Contemporary kind in London. Surprised of the enormous commercial success of its best-seller over the “naked apes” if it kind however already left institutes the OF Contemporary 1968, moved with its family to Malta and dedicated themselves for several years to painting and writing completely. Already 1969 appeared - as it were as continuation of the “naked ape - its book The human zoo (German: The people zoo) over the biology of the life in large cities.
1973 returned the moon Morris to the University of Oxford and researched some time in the working group of Nikolaas Tinbergen, which was honoured in the December of the same yearly with the “Nobelpreis for physiology or medicine”, over the innate bases of the behavior of humans.
In the following years the moon Morris undertook several voyages round the world, wrote a multiplicity popular-scientific, verhaltenskundlichen books, produced lehr and television films, painted and showed its pictures in numerous exhibitions.
The moon Morris is married since 1952 with Ramona Baulch, has one son (Jason) and four Enkelkinder.
various books of the moon Morris were published first as Hardcover, later (z. T. in changing publishing houses) as paperback and again and again also as new and extra charges, so that - particularly second-hand - for individual titles unclear variety at expenditures is available with different feature years.
- Morris, the moon and Hans's George Lenzen: Biology of the art. A contribution for the investigation of bildnerischer behaviors with anthropoids and for the basic research of the art. 1963: Duesseldorf (smoke)
- Morris, the moon: The naked ape. 1968: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-426-03224-4
- Morris, the moon: The painting ape. To the biology of the art. 1968: Munich (dtv)
- Morris, the moon: The people zoo. 1969: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-426-00296-5
- Morris, the moon: My life with animals. 1981: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-426-26036-0
- Morris, the moon: Love goes through the skin. The natural history of the intimate behavior. 1982: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-858-86001-8
- Morris, the moon: Humans, with whom we live. A manual of our behavior. 1983: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-426-26072-7
- Morris, the moon: The play. Fascination and ritual of the football. 1984: Munich (Droemer Knaur), ISBN 3-426-26047-6
- Morris, the moon: Why do dogs wag the tail? 1992: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-05807-0
- Morris, the moon: Dogwatching. The body language of the dog. 2000: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-16503-9
- why cats an embossment make? 1991: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-05213-7
- Morris, the moon: Catwatching. The body language of the cat. 2000: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-17259-0
- Morris, the moon: Horsewatching. The body language of the horse. 2001: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-19724-0
- Morris, the moon: Manwatching. Journeys for the study of the species humans. 2002: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-18103-4
- Morris, the moon: Why does the Zebra have strips? Body language and behavior forms of the animals. 1994: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-04371-5
- Morris, the moon: Bodytalk. Body language, gestures and bearing. 1997: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-12297-6
- Morris, the moon: Babywatching, the body language of the babies. 1998: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-14128-8
- Morris, the moon: The naked EH. The female body in the change of the cultures. 2004: Munich (Heyne), ISBN 3-453-12006-X
Web on the left of
|Wikiquote: The moon Morris - quotations|
www.desmond-morris.com official web page
|NAME||Morris, the moon|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||zoologist, behavior researcher, journalist and artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24. January 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||PUR-clay/tone with Swindon, Wiltshire, England|