German research council
the German research council (DFG) is the most important mechanism for the promotion of the science and research in the Federal Republic of Germany. It is financed jointly by federation and countries. Their seat is in Bonn.President is seriousness Ludwig vienna field.
The DFG is the central autonomy organization of the science in Germany. After the legal form it is a registered association, thus under private law organizes.
In their statute the §1 defines its tasks: “The German research council serves thatScience in all their branches by the financial support of research tasks and by the promotion of co-operation among the researchers. She advises parliaments and authorities in scientific questions and maintains the connections of the research to the economics and to the foreign science.... “
the DFG promotes single projects, Graduiertenkollegs, research co-operation infrastructure and it maintains world-wide science relations.
To table of contents
- 1920 (30. October)
- renaming into German community to the preservation and promotion of the research, briefly research council.
- political synchronising of the research council by the national socialists.
- Reestablishment of the emergency community of the German science.
- Constitution of a science-politically aligned German research advice.
- 1951 (2. August)
- fusion of the emergency community and the research advice to the German research council (DFG)
- (entire) German research council with the expansion of the promotion work on the area of the unitedGermany.
- 1952-1955 Professor. Dr. Ludwig Raiser
- 1955-1964 Professor. Dr. Gerhard Hess
- 1964-1973 Professor. Dr. Julius Speer
- 1973-1979 Professor. Dr. Heinz Maier Leibnitz
- 1980-1985 Professor. Dr. Eugen Seibold
- 1986-1991 Professor. Dr. Stroke ore Markl
- 1992-1997 Professor. Dr. Wolfgang early forest
- since 1998 Professor. Dr. Seriousness Ludwig vienna field
of research prices
the DFG assigns the annually following research prices:
- Gottfried William Leibniz price, briefly Leibniz price
- Heinz Maier Leibnitz price
- Communicator price
- Eugen and Ilse Seibold price
- Albert Maucher Price for geosciences
- Bernd Rendel price for young geo scientists
- Leibniz community (science community Gottfried William Leibniz; become outdated “blue list”)
- science advice, science politics
- Max-Planck company
- helmet getting time community (large-scale-research facilities)
- Fraunhofer Society
- Emmy Noether program
- virtual Graduiertenkolleg