|establishment:||1926, dissolution: 1945, reestablishment: 1954|
|IATA - Code:||LH|
|I.C.A.O. - Code:||DLH|
|fleet strength:||375 (+ 23 orders)|
|goals:||National one and international|
German Lufthansa AG aims (short: Lufthansa) is the largest German airline. Their seat is Cologne, their homeland airport is Frankfurt. The second spider of German Lufthansa is the airport Munich. After the authorized assumption that Swiss is certain the third and thus first foreign spider - Zurich -. Regional stroke of the Swiss is Geneva. Lufthansa is initial member the star Alliance. It had 2005 91,364 coworkers.
Lufthansa belongs today to the largest air transport companiesthe world. With its traffic capacities it occupies point places in international air traffic: In the year 2003 it carried most passengers of all IATA airlines in international traffic and occupied also in the freight place 1. In the year 2005 51.3 million flewAircraft passengers with the airlines of the company (since 2003 belongs to also air Dolomiti ). At Lufthansa's cargo was declining because of the weak economic situation the carried freight quantity. The airline transported 2005 1.736 millions Tons of freight. Extent of utilization was with 65,0% andthus 2.0% lower than in the previous year.
To table of contents
major items: History of Lufthansa
the history of Lufthansa is divided into the period of the establishment up to the end of the third realm 1945 and the reestablishment into the 1950er years, as the restrictions of the allied ones waivedbecame, first under the name „corporation for air traffic need “(Luftag), later, it was renamed then again into “German Lufthansa AG”.
„New “Lufthansa became to 6. January 1953 in Cologne based and took at the 1. April 1955 the regular flying operation up.Before, to 17. September 1954 acquired it the rights of the use of a name of old „German Lufthansa AG - in liquidation “inclusive Kranich Logo and flag for 30.000 DM. German Lufthansa AG is not right successor (old) of Lufthansa. Lufthansa was until 1962 too nearly100% in national possession.1966 were acted for the first time Lufthansa share at the stock exchange. Until 1994 Lufthansa was the national airline of the Federal Republic of Germany. Then the public hand reduced its portion of over 50% to onlystill 34% of the shares; since 1997 are completely denationalized the Lufhansa.
to time operational fleet Lufthansa's of the company (inclusive. aircraft lease out) consists of 375 airplanes (conditions: 7. January 2006 after Web operational readiness level of Lufthansa), thoseQuick one of Lufthansa passage builds itself up as follows:
- 13 airbus A300-600 /R
- 20 airbus A319 -100
- 36 airbus A320-200
- 26 airbus A321 100/200
- 2 airbus A330-200
- 10 airbus A330-300
- 29 airbus A340-300
- 10 airbus A340-600
- 33 Boeing 737-300
- 30 Boeing 737-500
- 30 Boeing 747-400
the average age of the airplanes at the end of of 2003 was at 8.4 years. <ref>http://konzern.lufthansa.com/de/html/magazin/50jahre/index2.html</ref>
- 15 airbus A380-800 (supply: starting from December 2007)
- 7 airbus A340-600 (order 20. December 2004; Supply: 2006/2007)
Lufthansa becomes after information of the enterprise still in the year 2006 an extensive order of long and medium-haul aircrafts admitsgive.
Lufthansa cargo fleet
the fleet has an average age of 7.73 years
many aircraft of Lufthansa is after German citiesdesignated. Exception is a long-distance machine named „Gander/Halifax “, which was designated after two North American cities. The background for this is the situation of both cities and their airports on the standard air lane from Central Europe to North America. Here landed at the 11. September 2001 after thatLocking of the American and Canadian air space the airplanes the already so far over Atlantic it were that a return flight was impossible to Europe.
- aircraft passenger arising: 51,3 millions (Conditions: January. 2006)
- Extent of utilization per seat: 81% (conditions: January. 2006)
- Freight-arise: 1,736 millions Tons (conditions: January. 2006)
- Nutzladefaktor: 65% (conditions: January. 2006)
- Coworker: 91.364 (conditions: October. 2005)
- Sales profits 2004: 16.965 billion € (Conditions: March 2005)
- Company gains:
- 21 millions € (2001)
- 717 millions € (2002)
- -984Million € (2003)
- 383 millions € (2004)
- 577 millions € (2005)
apart from passenger traffic Lufthansa with the following subsidiary companies is active in further business fields:
- Lufthansa WorldShop GmbH, Retailer with the ranges distance trade and on-board sales
- Lufthansa bombard aviation services GmbH, joint venture between Lufthansa technology and bombard
- Lufthansa technology, one of the largest airplane maintenance enterprises of the world
- AMECO Beijing, a society toBoeing airplane maintenance in Peking (joint venture together with air China)
- Lufthansa's of system, one of the prominent offerers of air traffic IT
- Lufthansa regional, an alliance of several smaller airlines, among other things Lufthansa town center LINE
- Lufthansa cargo, one of the freight airlines leading world-wide
- Lufthansa town center LINE, a regional airline
- Thomas Cook, a tourism enterprise, to also the mark CONDOR belongs
- to air Dolomiti
- Delvag, one on the transport of air freight specialized insurance company
- Lufthansa service society (LSG Sky boss), the world largest Caterer of airlines, prepares a third of the meals of all airlines world-wide to
- Lufthansa Flight training
- Lufthansa air plus service maps GmbH, specialized in the business trip management of firm customer
- Eurowings, 49%ige daughter of Lufthansa, that is involved in Germanwings over these also
In March 2005 the supervisory boards and the large shareholders of the Swiss approved the assumption by Lufthansa.
Also at directly enterprises connected with air traffic Lufthansa portions does not hold, altogether distributes itself these on more than 400 national and international societies.A more detailed overview is on Lufthansa Financials Site in the Internet (see Web on the left of).
Besides Lufthansa is involved to 40% in the terminal 2 airport Munich. With their daughter and partner companies it has the exclusive right to use this 2003 opened terminalsfor up to 25 million passengers.
the contraction carries other the flights of Lufthansa, and/or. the IATA code LH and/or. the number 220 as prefix of the ticket number is placed in front, the I.C.A.O. - code however is DLH.With international connections the flights to Germany with odd numbers and the flights are designated abroad with straight numbers.
Lufthansa operates one of the most extensive many flier programs under the name Miles & More since 1993. Since January 2005 operatesTo Lufthansa as well as Fraport Lufthansa roofridge Class terminal beside terminal 1 of the airport Frankfurt, a world-wide unique product, exclusively for roofridge Class of passengers and members HONE Circle (highest stage of the many flier program Miles & More), with exclusive Loungeangeboten,like restaurant, bar, bath landscape. The passengers are brought in sedans directly from this terminal to the airplanes. The moreover one exclusive Lounges within the range of the terminal 1 is available for the use for this clientele.
criticize criticism human right organizationsAirlines LTU, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines and other one in connection with the deportation of rejected asylum-seekers. This criticism ignores that after the air traffic law § 21, paragraph 2, sentence 3 an airline is obligated to carry everyone.
Sometimes Lufthansa becomesalso because of its outdated maintenance system in the Economy Class criticizes. Although in as well as all airlines on long-distance usual, German Lufthansa refuses persistently, individual, for example in the seat of the preceding endorser inserted inserting screens. Instead films and the like become upcentral monitors shown, which however from each seat not to be seen to be able. Since Lufthansa gains the largest profit in the higher classes, where this form of the maintenance is usual at Lufthansa even, PTV are in the entireNot to expect Lufthansa fleet also in the near future. In the new airbus A380 however such a system for the Economy Class will be built.
to occurred today itself since the reestablishment of Lufthansa in the year of 1954 five accidentsand/or. Crashes with machines of Lufthansa and/or. Lufthansa cargo with a balance of altogether 148 dead ones.
- 11. January 1959 - Crash of a Lockheed L-1049G super Constellation (D-ALAK) of Lufthansa, briefly before the landing during the flight from Hamburg afterRio de Janeiro. 36 of the 39 airplane passengers dies.
- 28. January 1966 - With the touch-and-go of a failed approach flight of a Convair CV-440 (D-ACAT) of Lufthansa during the flight from Frankfurt to Bremen the machine falls. All 46 passengers die. 
- 20. November 1974 - Briefly after the start in Nairobi a Boeing 747-100 (D-ABYB) falls „Hessen “, Lufthansa flight 540. With 59 dead ones of 157 passengers, it concerns the so far worst misfortune in the history of Lufthansaand around the first crash of a jumbo jet at all.
- 14. September 1993 - During the approach flight Lufthansa flight 2904, an airbus A320-200 (D-AIPN) „Kulmbach “, from Frankfurt/Main to Warsaw malfunctions the brake system on wet roadway. Die the copilot anda passenger, who could not save itself fast to enough from the burning wreck. Altogether 70 persons were in the airplane.
- 29. October 1972 - Kidnapping of a Lufthansa airplane in Beirut
- 17. December 1973 - Kidnapping of oneLufthansa airplane in Rome to Kuwait
- 1974 - kidnapping Boeing 747-100 from Delhi to Aden
- 13. to 17. October 1977 - Terrorists kidnap Boeing 737 (D-ABCE) “land hat “and kill flight captain Jürgen Schumann. After meet-long erring flight reachesthe machine Mogadischu, where it of the GSG9 one storms.
- 12. September 1979 - Kidnapping Boeing 727 with the name “Münster” on the flight from Frankfurt to Cologne
- 11. February 1993 - Kidnapping of an airbus A310 (D-AIDM) “Chemnitz”to New York. The machine was on the way from Frankfurt to Cairo. 
Web on the left of
|Commons: Lufthansa - pictures, videosand/or audio files|
|Wikinews: Lufthansa - current messages|
|Wiktionary: Lufthansa - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Internet operational readiness level of Lufthansa
- numbers to the fleet of Lufthansa and Lufthansa cargo of Planemad.net
- baptismal name of the Lufthansa airplanes
- Website of German Lufthansa AG to the FIFA World Cup 2006,Germany
- overview of participation of Lufthansa
Adidas Salomon | Alliance | Altana | BASF | Bavarian | BMW | Commerzbank | Continental | DaimlerChrysler | Deutsche Bank | German stock exchange | German Lufthansa | German post office | German Telekom | E.ON | Fresenius Medical Care | Handle | Hypo material Estate | Infineon | Lime tree | MAN ONE | Metro | Munich back | RWE | SAP | Schering | Siemens | ThyssenKrupp | TUI | Volkswagen