|inhabitant:||56.400 (1. January 2005)|
|Surface:||79.66 km ²|
|height:||? m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||700x|
|telephone preselection:||(+31) 314|
|geographical situation:|| 51° 58 ' nördl. Spreads|
6° 17 ' östl. Lengthens
Table of contents
thoseMunicipality Doetinchem consists beside the named-giving city Doetinchem of the villages whose and Wehl as well as the Weilern IJzenvoorde, Langerak, Wijnbergen and Nieuw Wehl.
situation and economics
Doetinchem is the most important city of the “Gelderse Achterhoek “or “Graafschap”. Doetinchem is appropriate for 25 km eastfrom Arnheim the Oude IJssel. A motorway and the restaurant railway (Doetinchem has two small stations) direction Winterswijk to connect it with Arnheim.
Doetinchem is a regional supplying center (many business, office, schools, a hospital, homes for the elderly etc.), and also a medium sized industrial city. In the local part whose, where alreadyin 18. Century iron from eisenhaltigem sand and loam was won and processed, and in Doetinchem stand for factories, where furnaces, herd and such household appliances are produced, and also some printering and magazine publishing houses.
the city was mentioned for the first time documentary 838.Around 1100 it was ummauert. Count Otto II. 1236 the municipal law lent to the place lain favorably with a bridge over the Oude IJssel. The city had to suffer always much in wars. In the eighty-year old war, and also 1672 Doetinchem was heavily met andpartly devastates. In the year 1580 two thirds of the inhabitants died by a plague epidemic disease. Also in the Second World War the city suffered heavy damage , so heavily by bombardments that the whole old part of town was finally lost. Only the sinking Katharinenkirche after the war again one developed.
objects of interest
- 7 km east of Doetinchem stand, in the midst of a wonderful forest, the lock Slangenburg. It was built in the late Middle Ages and in 17. Century in the baroque style reconditions. Since it 1945 belonged to a German, it became after release by the allied ones ofthe Netherlands government as enemy properties konfisziert. It was then sold to the medal of the Benediktiner. These used it some years as monastery, until they built 2 km southeast a new abbey. Since then the lock serves as accommodation for that one, those for a Retraite (meditation period),a study etc. with the monks to guest are. Also Protestanten are there welcome, if they adhere to the house rules. The surrounding forest is freely accessible.
- In the city some windmills are located. One of it accommodates the VVV (the tourist agency).
- North and west the citylie some forests, where one can make beautiful walks.
- Doetinchem called a professional soccer association (De Graafschap), in the vernacular “De Superboeren” (superfarmer), whose stadium De Vijverberg seizes 13,000 spectators.
partnerships between cities
Web on the left of
- Commercial web page Plaats.nl, among other things over the municipality Doetinchem
- web page of the municipality Doetinchem (nl, partially. also EN, de)
- web page of the lock Slangenburg (nl, EN)
- web page of the soccer association De Graafschap
coordinates: 51° 57 ′ 54 " N, 6° 17 ' 18 " O
Aalten | Apeldoorn | Arnheim | Barneveld | Berkelland | Beuningen | Bronckhorst | Hum | Buren | Culemborg | Doesburg | Doetinchem | Druten | Duiven | Ede | Elburg | Epe | Ermelo | Geldermalsen | Groenlo Lichtenvoorde | Groesbeek | Harderwijk | Hattem | Heerde | Heumen | Lingewaal | Lingewaard | Lochem | Maasdriel | Milli gene on the Rhine | Montferland | Neder Betuwe | Neerijnen | Nijkerk | Nimwegen | Nunspeet | Oldebroek | Oude IJsselstreek | Overbetuwe | Deseam | Renkum | Rheden | Rijnwaarden | Rozendaal | Scherpenzeel | Tiel | Ubbergen | Voorst | Wageningen | West Maas and Waal | Westervoort | Wijchen | Winterswijk | Zaltbommel | Zevenaar | Zutphen