|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|surface:||77.02 km ²|
|inhabitants:||18296 (30. September 2003)|
|Population density:||238 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||401 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||86609|
|municipality key:||09 7 79 131|
of the local administration:
| City hall lane 1|
|official Website:||City Donauwörth|
|mayor:||Armin Neudert (CSU)|
you is because of the deltas of Wörnitz, Zusam and Schmutter into the Danube. About 9 km east of Donauwörth that flows Lech into the Danube. The city is because of the eastern Ausläufern of the Swabian Alb.
- Height and. NN: 401-517 m
the municipality has 9 quarters:
Already around 500 there are first settlement cores in the today's Ried. In the course of the preparations to the battle on the Lechfeld 955 the first bridge develops over the Danube. In the year 1049 the monastery is integrated holy cross, at that time still into the castle one Goldstein,by Pope Leo IX. geweiht. In the year 1193 will becomes by emperors Heinrich VI. to the city raised.
1178 - 1266 are assigned the city as Reichslehen directly to the dominant pilotfar from, which pawn her to 1266 to the duchy Bavaria. The einköpfige Stauferadlerremains representing in the Stadtwappen to 1530, when it is replaced by the doppelköpfigen realm eagle.
1256 left the Wittelsbacher duke Ludwig II. behead his Mrs. Maria von Brabant from unsettled motives as Ehebrecherin in Donauwörth. Regular theatre performances also today still bring the tragic occurence in memory.
In the consequence of religion confusions, in thosethe city the thing of the reformation had supported, comes it 1607, to the cross and flag combat in such a way specified at the Markustag 1606, under realm eight and from duke Maximilian from Bavaria into Bavarian pledge possession is converted. As reaction to this Okkupation the Protestant closeRealm conditions 1608 to the Protestant union together. 1632 become the city of Gustav II. Adolf conquers.
Before end of the Second World War the city in two air raids at the 11 becomes short. and 19. April 1945 particularly within the range of the station and the realm road heavily destroys. ThatReconstruction of the historical realm road begins 1946.
objects of interest
- German medal house, 1197 in Donauwörth one of the oldest addresses of the German knight medal was created
- City hall with bell play
- Münster to our dear wife, dreischiffige gothical brick resounding church
- monastery holy cross, which is pilgrimage church an example of the latebaroque Wessobrunner school, there a Monstranz with a particle of the cross Christi kept.
- Realm road, ensemble of civil Giebelhäuser and partthe “romantic road”
- dance house, over 1400 delighted urban purchase and dance house, late grain memory
- Rieder gate
- free light stage to one gold rock, each year in the summer in each case 2 different productions
- cross way at the Kalvarienberg
- ruin of the “castle to Wörth”
returning celebrations and meetings in and overDonauwörth
- Schwäbischwerder child day (annual)
- “picture book of the urban history”: over 1000 pupils in historical garbs play history after the city (in the context “Schwäbischwerder child daily”) (every 2 years, there since 2005 in the change with the “removal Schwäbischwerder child daily”)
- handing race celebration (every 2 years)
- free light stage at one gold rock
- the Pitzbrunnen celebration(every 2 years)
- Werner Egk, composer, in the today's quarter Auchsesheim was born. Of it the charm playing the violin well and the Werner Egk meeting place in Donauwörth remind.
- Käthe Kruse, Puppenmacherin, nut/mother of the writer max of Kruse.
sons and daughters thatCity
- Sebastian Franck, German chronicler, journalist, geo count and proverb collecting tank and is considered as the most important mystische writer 16. Jhdt.
- Carolin hung, German light athlete (Stabhochsprung)
- Manfred G. Schmidt, German Politologe
- Werner Egk, German composer
- George forge, state secretary of the Bavarian ministry of the Interior
economics and traffic
- Käthe Kruse doll factory and doll hospital
- Gubi meat work
- Agco - Fendt work 3
- VALEO - whom thing
- border brook
partnerships between cities
- district Donauwörth (Hg.): District Donauwörth. And nature of a district, a Munich/a Assling, 1966
Web on the left of
- official side
- homepage of the youth centre
- Donauwörth: Coat of arms history of the HdBG
Alerheim | Amerdingen | Asbach Bäumenheim | Auhausen | Book village | Daiting | Deiningen | Donauwörth | Ederheim | Ehingen at the Ries | Forheim | Fremdingen | Fünfstetten | Genderkingen | Hainsfarth | Harburg (Swabia) | High old home | Wood home | Huisheim | Dock home | May-hung | Marktoffingen | Marx home | Megesheim | Mertingen | Mönchsdeggingen | Monheim | Möttingen | Munningen | Münster | Niederschönenfeld | Nördlingen | Upper village at the Lech | Oettingen in Bavaria | Otting | Rain | Reimlingen | Rögling | Tagmersheim | Tapfheim | Wallerstein | Wechingen | Whom thing | Wolferstadt