|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Schleswig-Holstein|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 54° 28 ' 18 " N, 9° 50 ' 15 " O 54° 28 ' 18 " N, 9° 50 ' 15 " O
|height:||1 m and. NN|
|surface:||17.97 km ²|
|Inhabitant:||23.162 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||1,289 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:|| 24334-24340|
|Kfz characteristics:||RD (old: HIT A CORNER)|
|municipality keys:||01 0 58 043|
|address of the city administration:|| Town hall market 4 - 6|
|Bürgermeisterin:||Susanne Jeske Paasch (SPD)|
Table of contents
the origin of the city name Eckernförde is not occupied. The first name part of Eckern probably refers to beeches , which formed a closed forest area in the today's city in former times. Therefore probably the squirrel (Danish egern) in the coat of arms. To the squirrels one says after to be able to jump in earlier times from one to the other side of the bay from tree to tree without affecting the soil. The second name part of Förde is either another name forBay or points on an earlier ford .
The exact Gründungsdatum of the settlement Eckernförde is unknown; as the Dane king Erich v. Pommern the city 1416 in the war against the counts von Holstein down-burned, was lost all documents. The name Ekerenvordefirst in the year 1197 one mentioned. End 12. The Danes at the end of the Eckernförder bay a castle established century, the 1231 in the earth book of king Waldemar II. as Ykernaeburgh (squirrel castle) one mentioned. 1302 became Eckernförde for the first time as citymentioned. The municipal law was fixed in writing and was ajar against that to the powerful neighbour city Schleswig.
Eckernförde was the southeasternmost city in the duchy Schleswig, which stood since 1231 among own dukes from a Nebenlinie of the Danish king house (descendants of dukeand/or. King Abel). Contrary to the other schleswigschen Fördestädten the surrounding countryside came in the late Middle Ages nearly completely into the hands of noble great land owners. The port was particularly important as place of transshipment for agricultural products.
the large landing hurrying 1544 Eckernförde came to the duke of Gottorf and lay isolated with it rather. The noble districts remain under the common regency of the three, starting from 1581 two national gentlemen. Briefly before the break-through of the reformation the latter donatedcatholic bishop von Schleswig, Gottschalk von Ahlefeldt, a hospital in Eckernförde, to which however no city arms, but needy ones should be taken up by the surrounding aristocracy goods. This Goschenhof did not stand under the supervision of municipal authorities. A part of the donation incomes cameof the Untergehörigen likewise of the Marianerkapelle in Hadersleben, combined by a Ahlefeldt donated and 1541 with the Goschenhof. Patron was the respective property gentleman on Gelting.
during the dreissigjährigen war pulled Christian IV. in the spring 1628 in Eckernförde. As a highest field gentleman of the realm circle of Lower Saxony of the holy Roman realm of German nations, to which he belonged as a duke of Holstein, it tried, to place itself against the point of the Protestant party. 1629 marched thoseTroops of the catholic league under Tilly however also in the duchy Schleswig , which did not belong to the German state group.
To 5. April 1647 came it into Eckernförde to a Gemetzel: Danish ships had appeared in the port and in the cityimperial rider present fled, while the foot soldiers in the church entrenchd themselves. When the aggressors tried to hit the church doors many of them were blown up by scattered gun powder into air. After embittered fight the Danes finally triumphed and made thoseremaining imperial crew down.
to 7. December 1813 struck Ludwig count von Wallmoden Gimborn with Eckernförde the Danes, with it together with Saxonia the allied ones last as Napoléon Bonapartes to the losers of the napoleonischen wars counted.
With the establishment of the seaside resort 1831 in the Fischer place Borby eingemeindeten later the routistic tradition Eckernfördes begins, whereby the fishery is enough due to the port lain well still to in 20. Century an important restaurant factor remained. Above all made those would smoke-rub-rubCity admits far away, although the Sprotten to today particularly with the southern neighbour city Kiel is connected.
1848 broke out the civil war in the duchy Schleswig . Eckernförde turned out fast under the rule of the Schleswig Holsteiner. To 5. April 1849 became Eckernförde in Schleswig Holsteini war a goal of a Danish landing attempt. The Danish liner became Christian VIII. and the frigate Gefion by the German beach batteries fired at, whereby first exploded, the latters itself devoted had. The German public became above all Ernst II.as highest-rankingCommander and Eduart Julius young man due to their military achievements admit. After the final defeat of the Schleswig Holsteiner 1850 the total state under the Danish crown was restored.
With the establishment of the teacher min acre 1858 Eckernförde became university location for the first time.
With the draw running of thatEckernförde the largest part of its trade lost Danish monarchy (1864). Ever more strongly it came into the shade of the rapidly developing naval location Kiel.
With the large storm tide of 13. November 1872 carried Eckernförde of all coastal places for thatBaltic Sea due to its situation at the bay the heaviest damage of, it opened far after northeast. The entire city had become shelterless several-day-long meter high flooded, 78 houses destroyed, 138 houses damaged and 112 families.
In the time of the national socialism Helmut Lemke became as NSDAP - member mayor von Eckernförde. In this function he said at the beginning of February 1933 in SA - to uniform: “We everything, everyone at itsInstead of, are called the hammer blows of the third realm to implement ". On his arrangement still in the same month numerous Social Democrats and communist in Eckernförde were arrested. Two of them, Hermann Ivers (KPD - local chairmen) and Heinrich Otto, became later ofthe national socialists killed.
in the last 20 years is Eckernförde of a contemplativePort become a routistic center at the Baltic Sea coast. Since 1989 the number of inhabitants from at that time 22,347, with exception of the years 1996 rose - 98, continuously to 23.249 (2004).
the meeting of the council of Eckernfördebesteht aus 28 ehrenamtlichen Mitgliedern, die alle fünf Jahre neu gewählt werden. FDP, SPD, alliance 90/Die the Green and SSW are represented since 2003 CDU . From the center of the meeting of the council the members select a chairman, the citizen chief.This leads the meetings and represents in relation to meeting of the council the Bürgermeisterin. Bürgervorsteherin is Karin Himstedt (CDU).
since 1998 is Susanne Jeske Paasch (SPD) Bürgermeisterin. The next mayor choice finds to 24. September 2006 instead of.
Coat of arms
partnerships between cities
- Macclesfield in England (since 1953)
- hectar SSL cross-beam in Sweden (since 1958)
- Tanga in Tanzania (since 1963)
- Nakskov in Denmark (since 1969)
- Brzeg (Brieg) in Poland (since 1989)
- Bützow in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania (since 1990)
- friendly relations with Baltijsk (Pillau) in Russia (since 1955)
culture and objects of interest
those Old part of town with its close lanes lies between port and beach. The pedestrian precinct Kieler road kept and is the smallurban flair hardly 150 meters distant from the water. The six kilometers be enough, clean and stoneless beach with fine quartz sandis to be used from April to Septembers for tourists against cure tax.
Eckernförde has two Evangelist church buildings ( the church Borby and the sink Nicolai church), a Danish and a catholic church ( the sink Peter and Paul church), which stand directly beside the neuapostolischen church.
- weekly market each Wednesday and Saturday on the town hall market and upthe church square
- fish market each first Sunday of the monthly at the port
- Aalregatta (until 2005 as part of the Kieler week)
economics and infrastructure
Eckernfördeheard to the so-called core region. In Eckernförde only few larger industrial companies are resident. In addition the fan wheel and ventilation engineering manufacturer punk , the hand-held weapon producer sour & son and the beverage manufacturer BEHN count. Largest Kreditinstitut locally and in the region is the savings bank Eckernförde.
both the federal highway 76 and the federal highway 203 lead, partly on common route, by the place. From the federal motorway there are 7 two departures after Eckernförde with Rendsburg/Büdelsdorf and Owschlag. The railway from Flensburg to Kiel operates since 1881. With Kiel partly a halfhourly insists, on the whole distance otherwise a hourly connection. The lines of the Eckernförder circular paths after Kappeln and Owschlag (at the main route Hamburg Fredericia) becameEnd of the 1950er years adjusted. Beside the station there is also a bus station (ZOB). Several Buslinien of city traffic Eckernförde cross almost the entire city.
in Eckernförde appear the daily papers Eckernförder newspaper and the Kieler message (alsothe expenditure for regional Eckernförder message). In addition here the Borbyer workshop publishing house has its seat carrier.
- district court
- Danish library (in the Jes Kruse Skole)
- tax office Eckernförde Schleswig
- Kfz certification authority for the circle Rendsburg Eckernförde
- district hospital
- museum Eckernförde since 1987in the old person city hall
- public library
- Albert Schweitzer - school, reason and hauptschule
- specialist area building industry of the professional school Kiel (colloquially as building school well-known) (on resolution of the federal state government is closed and slammed shut the professional school Luebeck)
- vocational one schools
- Danish school (Jes Kruse Skole)
- Fritz Reuter - school
- Gorch Fock - school, primary school
- Gudewerdt - school, six-form high school
- integrated comprehensive school Eckernförde
- young man school, High School
- Pestalozzi - school, special school
- Richard Vosgerau - school
- people's highschool Eckernförde
- Rudolf Steiner School
- William Lehmann (1882 - 1968), teacher and writer
- briefly Schulz(* 1922), former mayor of the city Eckernförde and former borderland representative of the country Schleswig-Holstein
sons and daughters of the city
- Friedrich Baasch (1855-1940), photographer
- Hans Friedrich Baasch (1784-1853), painter
- Johann Friedrich Theodor Baasch (1819-1872), painter and photographer
- Walter Baasch (1888-1964), photographer
- Grietje Bettin (* 1975), politician, member 16. German federal daily
- Carl Rudolph Fiebig (1812-1874), painter
- Tony Franck, geb. Thiedemann (1827-1875), Pianistin
- Anja Klafki (* 1967), Grafikerin
- Lorenz von Stein (1815-1890), public law teacher and political economist
- Max distance brook (1863-1936), painters
- Friedrich Thöming (1802-1873), painter
personalities, that worked locally
- Carl Bössenroth (1863-1935), painter
- Otto Bernhardt (* 1942), member of the German federal daily the constituency Eckernförde
- Klaus pay for (* 1942), mayor of many years and former national Minister of the Interior
- Iver Callö(1888-1972), politicians and buyer
- Gerald hitting a corner ore (* 1960), composer, musician, artist
- Eduart Julius young man (1815-1862), German captain in the Schleswig Holsteini war
- bishop Hans-Christian Knuth (*1940), Propst of many years of the parish district Eckernförde
- Eugen Lechner (1903-1971), politician
- Helmut Lemke (1907-1990), mayors at the time of theNational socialism
- Gerhard proud mountain (1928-2001), member of many years of the federal state parliament for the constituency Eckernförde
- Heinz devil, photographer
- Johann Jakob Thiedemann, paedagogue
- Marianne Tralau (* 1935), artist and Galeristin
since that 14. May 1986 is Eckernförde “UN city”.1994/1995 were Eckernförde “Federal Capital for nature and environmental protection”. The title “pollution free municipality” was achieved in the years 1988, 1992, 1996 and 2000.
In the church books of the sink Nicolaikirche there is an entry over the death of the count von Saint Germain.The grave is to have been destroyed by the storm tide 1872.
The European remote moving way E6 leads by Eckernförde.
Roads,after Eckernförde designated are, give it among other things in Magdeburg (Eckernförder road in the quarter Westerhüsen) and in Frankfurt/Main (Eckernförder road in the quarter mountain Enkheim).
- submarine flotilla
- of the Federal Navy diver school boat “
- Langeoog” [work on
- Uwe Beitz: Eckernförde and the Baltic Sea. Suez clay/tone publishing house, Erfurt 2004, ISBN 3897026945
- Heinz devil & Christoph Rohde: Eckernförde - Portrait of the Baltic Sea city. Medium publishing house thrust ore, Hamburg 1994, ISBN 3929229218
- Heinz harsh ore Schöning: The Eckernförder circular paths. Kenning, north horn 1998, ISBN 3927587702
Web on the left of
|Commons: Eckernförde - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
- official Internet operational readiness level of the city
- museum Eckernförde
- historical from Eckernförde of Stefan Deiters
- history for looking at
- Internet listingfor Eckernförde, Schwansen, huts and the Danish Wohld
- Eckernförde24.de (co-operation with the business circle Eckernförde)
- unofficial side over the station of Eckernförde
figure eight resistance | Awl field | Old Duvenstedt | Old person yard | Old person wood | Arpsdorf | Ascheffel | Aukrug | Saving universe | Saving EDT | Barkelsby | Beldorf | Bendorf | Beringstedt | Until lake | Being lake | Blumenthal | Böhnhusen | Bokel | On-board cross-beam | Borrowing village sea-village | Borrowing EDT | Fount-gotten | Bovenau | Brammer | Bredenbek | Mash wood | Brekendorf | Brinjahe | Brodersby | Brügge | Büdelsdorf | Bünsdorf | Christian cross-beam | Lady village | Damp | Dänischenhagen | Dätgen | Dörphof | Eckernförde | Ehndorf | Iron village | Ellerdorf | Elsdorf Westermühlen | Embühren | Emkendorf | Field | Felm | Fleckeby | Flintbek | Fockbek | Friedrichsgraben | Friedrichsholm | Gammelby | GET peat | Gnutz | Gokels | Goosefeld | Grauel | Grevenkrug | Largely Buchwald | Largely Vollstedt | Largely joke lake | Güby | Haale | Haby | Hamdorf | Hamweddel | Hanerau Hademar | Hate moorland | Heinkenborstel | Yard field | High west EDT | Hohn | Getting lake | Holzbunge | Wood village | Refuges | Hummelfeld | Huts | Year village | Jevenstedt | Karby | Small joke lake | King hill | Kosel | Krogaspe | Kronshagen | Bent-wipe | Long whisk | Lindau | Lohe Föhrden | Loop | Loose | Luhnstedt | Lütjenwestedt | Meezen | Melsdorf | Mielkendorf | Molfsee | Mörel | Mühbrook | Negenharrie | New village fount stone | Again Duvenstedt | Neuwittenbek | Nienborstel | Nindorf | Noer | Nortorf | Nübbel | Oldenbüttel | Old huts | Osdorf | East field (Rendsburg) | Osterby | Osterrönfeld | East first EDT | Ottendorf | Owschlag | Padenstedt | Prince moorland | Quarnbek | Rade b. High west EDT | Rade b. Rendsburg | Reesdorf | Remmels | Rendsburg | Rickert | Rieseby | Rodenbek | Rumohr | Chess rope village | Almost lake | Schinkel | Schmalstede | Schönbek | Beautiful refuge | Schülldorf | Schülp b. Nortorf | Schülp b. Rendsburg | Sweden-hit a corner | Sea-field | Seeing EDT | Sophienhamm | Sören | Stafstedt | Steenfeld | Beach | Tackesdorf | Groping village | Techelsdorf | Thaden | Thumby | Timmaspe | Todenbüttel | Tüttendorf | Waabs | Wapelfeld | Warder | Wasbek | Wattenbek | West lake | Westerrönfeld | Windeby | Winnemark