Its parents were the German emigrants Johanna and Erich Carle, which turned 1935 with it to Germany back. From 1935 to 1952 it lived in Stuttgart. There it studied with professor Ernst Schneidler at the academy of the forming arts in Stuttgart. 1952 it returned then to the USA. 1968 it published its first picture fig. (1.2.3 a course to the zoo). It lives since 1988 in Northampton,Massachusetts.
With the book “the small crawler-type vehicle taking replacement “it became internationally admits.
In the year 2001 it was distinguished with the Distinguished Service Cross of the Federal Republic of Germany for its artistic work and the switching between the cultures.
a selection of its books
- of brown bar, whom you see? (1967 of Bill Martin, illustrations of Eric Carle)
- 1.2.3 a course to the zoo (1968)
- the small crawler-type vehicle taking replacement (1969)
- the pancake book (1970)
- onlya small grain (1970)
- the small mouse looks for a friend (1971)
- the secret of the eight indications (1972)
- the small beetle Immerfrech (1977)
- the small spider spinnt and is silent (1984)
- dad, please gets for me thatMoon of the sky (1986)
- small cloud (1996)
- from head to foot (1997)
- the small Glühwürmchen (1997)
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Eric Carle in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||US-American child book author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||25. June 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Syracuse, New York, the USA|