Suddenly the Gymnasiallehrer Nolte attained a doctorate became with its book fascism in its epoch (1963) admits and became a late professor for newer history at the free University of Berlin.In this book it defined fascism on basis of its self expressions (a method, which calls Nolte phenomenologically) as “anti-marxism, which trachtet to destroy the opponent by the training of a radically opposite and nevertheless neighbouring ideology and the use from almost identical and nevertheless characteristically umgeprägten methods to,always however in the undurchbrechbaren context of national self statement and autonomy ". When substantial characteristics of fascism become therefore anti marxism, anti liberalism, nationalism, force and propaganda designation, whereby it is noticeable that racingism or Antisemitismus was not counted in addition. Nolte does not only seize with this definitionthe German national socialism and Italian fascism Mussolinis, but also the “Action française “, a right-wing extremist French movement, together. Thus he was the first civil historian, who used the fascism term, which became related from Marxists only before.
With an article for the Frankfurt ones General newspaper (FAZ) of 6. June 1986 released Nolte the historian controversy in such a way specified . To the text lay thoughts on reason, which it already to 24. July 1980 in an article of the FAZ had expressed. The scientist stated therein, the archipelago Gulag had “the logical andactual Prius " before Auschwitz, i.e., “the race murder” of the national socialists developed only from fear of the older “class murder” the Bolschewisten. The mass murder at the Jew, who was already not counted in its older theses for the nature core of fascism, is only a “exceeding reaction”on the Gräuel of the October Revolution and has thereby a “rational core”. This it thesis, which - against Noltes intentions - which to singularness (singularity) the Shoa in question seemed to place, extended for the statement of a “European civil war”, which had raved from 1917 to 1945.Nolte moves here fascism and communism quite closely together, why its theses on a variant of the Totalitarismusthese, if to historical revisionism does not even seem to come down. Also it stylized the boycott of German goods started from Jewish side as reaction to anti-Semitic excesses abroad and thosePublication of a “declaration of war” for an alleged financial and economic war in the DAILY express of 24. March 1933 as well as the loyalty stating Chaim Weizmanns of 1939 for Great Britain for the declaration of war of the Jews to the German Reich and tried in such a way, the Jew pursuit of the LV regime escalating with beginning of war asTo justify “counter measure”. After 2003/04 of the CDU - Member of the Bundestag Martin high man because of its as anti-Semitic regarded speech for the day of the German unit excluded from a party and parliamentary group was, defined Nolte high man to the courageous and respectable Streiter for freedom of conscience and opinion.
- Fascism in its epoch. Action francaise - Italian fascism - national socialism. Munich 1963 [last new expenditures. 2000]. ISBN 3-7610-7248-1
- the fascist movements, dtv Munich 1966
- the crisis of the liberal of system and the fascist movements, Piper publishing house Munich 1968
- sense and Widersinn thatDemocratization in the University of, Rome brook publishing house Freiburg 1968
- (Hrsg.): Theories about fascism. 6. Edition. Munich 1984. ISBN 3-492-10365-0
- marxism and Industrielle revolution, Stuttgart 1983
- Germany and the cold war, 2. Aufl. Stuttgart 1985
- the European civil war 1917 - 1945. National socialism andBolshevism, 4. Aufl. Frankfurt/M. 1989
- the passing of the past. Answer to my critics in the so-called historian controversy, Berlin 1988.
- Nietz and the Nietzscheanismus, Frankfurt 1990.
- The Germans and their passingnesses. Memory and forgetting the establishment of realm of Bismarck until today, Herbig publishing house Munich1995 ISBN 3-7766-9004-6
- (together with François Furet) „hostile proximity ": Communism and fascism in 20. Century. An exchange of letters, Herbig publishing house Munich 1998 ISBN 3-7766-2029-3
- historical existence. Between beginning and end of history? Herbig publishing house Munich 1998
- the causal Nexus. Over revisions and revisionisms inthe science of history; Studies, articles and lectures 1990 - 2000, Herbig publishing house Munich 2002 ISBN 3-7766-2279-2
- Siegfried Gerlich in the discussion with Ernst Nolte: View of a complete work, edition Antaios, Dresden 2005 ISBN 3-9350-6361-X
Web on the left of
| | * Literature ofand over Ernst Nolte in the catalog of the DDB
- texts of Ernst Nolte
- Friedrich Ebert donation to Nolte
- “the past, those not to offense wants.” Cause for the so-called historian controversy
- note for Nolte in the encyclopedia of the news service against right-wing extremism
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German historians|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. January 1923|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||jokes|