Ernst von Wildenbruch
Table of contents
wild break was the son of the Prussian lieutenant general and later Consul General in Beirut (Syria) Louis (Ludwig) of wild break (1803-1874) and its first wife Ernestine of being enough (1805-1858), yard lady of the princess Luise of Prussia. Father Louis von Wildenbruch was again the illegitime son of the prince Louis Ferdinand of Prussia from a Liaison with the farm servant citizens official daughter Henriette pious one, persisting since 1800 , († after 1828). Both children from these Liaison, son Louis and Tochter Blanka, received 1810 by king Friedrich William III. the names of wild break and into the Prussian nobility were raised. Of Louis von Wildenbruch buildup as a care son of the prince Anton Radziwiłł and its wife princess Luise of Prussia , the sister of the prince Louis Ferdinand. 1837 married of Louis von Wildenbruch the yard lady of its care nut/mother, Ernestine of being enough.
Ernst von Wildenbruch married 1885 Maria Karoline von Weber, a granddaughter of the composer Carl Maria von Weber.
after stays in Athens and Konstantinopel established itself the family 1857 in Berlin, where Ernst von Wildenbruch visited the French High School. it occurred 1859 the royal Kadettencorps , which it terminated 1863 with the officer patent. From 1863 to 1865 it served as a second lieutenant in the 1. Guard regiment to foot in potsdam. Then it acknowledged the active military service and retrieved in the following two years at the High School of castle with Magdeburg its Abitur , in order to study afterwards in Berlin from 1867 to 1870 jurisprudence. 1866 and 1870/71 he participated as a Prussian reserve officer in the wars against Austria and France . From 1871 on he was a junior lawyer at the court of appeal in Frankfurt at the or and put down 1876 to be second state examination. 1877 it became first for few months judges at the district court Eberswalde and at the city court of Berlin. Then it received an employment in the legal department of the Foreign Office and to 1897 to the secret Legationsrat was carried.
In the year 1907 it pulled sketched mansion (“house Ithaka ”) after Weimar into one of the architect Paul Schultze Naumburg, after he had already spent several months since 1892 regularly in the year in Weimar.
to wild break Oeuvre count numerous Balladen, dramas, novels and narrations. He is a general agent of the large founder-temporal history drama of the 1880-er years and the nationalistic Bismarcklyrik of the time around 1900.
Its deduction is in the Goethe and Schiller archives in Weimar and in archives of the Berlin Brandenburgi Academy of Sciences in Berlin, its library stands as special inventory in the central and federal state library Berlin. It lies buried on the historical cemetery in Weimar. The tomb in form of a dorischen temple arranged Paul Schultze Naumburg. The bronze plate with Sämann, in it, created the sculptor Georg Kolbe (1877-1947).
honors and honours
- 1884 Grillparzer price
of works (in selection)
- Vionville. A hero song in 3 singing. (1873)
- Sedan (1875)
- the master of Tanagra (1880)
- Harold (1882)
- the Karolinger (1883)
- Christoph Marlow (1884)
- the Quitzow´s (1888)
- the hood lark (1890)
- Heinrich and Heinrichs sex (1896)
- the German drama. Its development and its present conditions (1899)
- the Rabensteinerin (1907)
- collecting works. Hrsg. v. Berthold Litzmann. 16 Bde. Berlin: Grote 1911-1924
- Paul Blumenthal: Memories of Ernst von Wildenbruch. Frankfurt at the or: Literar. Society. 1924.
- Hanns Martin Elster: Ernst von Wildenbruch. Life, work, personality. Berlin: Grote. 1934.
- Albert Fries: Observations to wild break style and building of verses. Reproduction of the expenditure Berlin 1920. Nendeln/Liechtenstein: Frizzily. 1967. (= Germanic studies; 10)
- Torsten Leutert: Ernst von Wildenbruchs historical dramas. Frankfurt/Main and others: Long. 2004. (= European university writings; Row 1; German language and literature; 1902) ISBN 3-631-53116-8
- Berthold Litzmann: Ernst v. Wild break and the national thought. Berlin: Heymann. 1914. (= German speeches in heavy time; 12)
- Berthold Litzmann: Ernst von Wildenbruch. Bd 1: 1845-1885. Berlin: Grote. 1913.
- Berthold Litzmann: Ernst von Wildenbruch. Bd 2: 1885-1909. Berlin: Grote. 1916.
- Anne Marie Morisse: The epische art and art technology Ernst von Wildenbruchs. Bonn: Georgi. 1912.
- Ulrich Moritz: Ernst von Wildenbruch. Weimar: Donation of Weimar classical period among other things 1995. To ISBN 3-7443-0114-1
- Julius roar: Wild break as dramatists. Critical investigations. Berlin: Duncker. 1908.
- S.F. Fitter: Ernst von Wildenbruch as a child psychologist. Literarpsychologi study. Bonn: Rhenania. 1919.
- Hans Rudolf choice: The religion of the German nationalism. An mentality-historical study for the literature of the empire: Felix Dahn, Ernst von Wildenbruch, Walter Flex. Heidelberg: Winter. 2002. (= new one of Bremen contributions; 12) ISBN 3-8253-1382-4
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Ernst von Wildenbruch in the catalog of the DDB
- texts of Ernst von Wildenbruch (project good mountain)
- secondary literature to Ernst von Wildenbruch
|NAME||wild break, Ernst of|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German writers and diplomat|
|DATE OF BIRTH||3. February 1845|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Beirut, Lebanon|
|DYING DATE||15. January 1909|