Eugen Rosenstock Huessy
Its high idea wealth and its universal education distinguished it . Its intellectual influence on many in all its work areas was important, without forming nevertheless in one `school' - its emigration quite stood 1933 in the USA and its versatility in the way. Time life worked it also for a Christian-Jewish communication.
Eugen Rosenstock Huessy attained a doctorate at the University of Heidelberg in right and philosophy, taught already starting from 1912 jurisprudence at the University of Leipzig, married 1914 Swiss Margret Huessy (therefore it then its double name), served in the First World War as an officer at the west front and worked thereafter at the company Daimler Benz, for which it gave the first German work newspaper out. Starting from 1921 and led he created the academy for work in Frankfurt/Main and returned 1923 as a professor to the University of Breslau , where he researched and taught up to his emigration 1933. From 1928 to 1932 he organized freiwillige common labour camps for students, young farmers and workers, who connected manual labor with intensive discussions to social questions. In this time already numerous of its books appeared.
1933 it fled before the national socialism into the United States, worked there first to the Harvard University, then from 1935 to the entrance into the retirement 1957 at the Dartmouth college. 1940 asked the president of the USA, Franklin D. Roosevelt. it to organize the guidance training for the Civilian Conservation Corps for which it justified the Camp William James in Vermont, which organized also freiwillige of work services at the same time, however with the war entrance of the United States 1941 was broken off.
Undauntedly working and on German and English publishing he continued to die there 1973.
selected publications of last hand
- duke force and peace protection (1910)
- workshop evacuation. Investigations on the habitat of the industrial worker, (, reproduction 1997) ISBN 3-87067-629-9
- the European revolutions (1987)
- peace conditions of a world economy (1988)
- the language of the Menschengeschlechts (Bd. I 1963, Bd. II 1964)
- The Christian Future or the decaying Mind Outrun (1966)
- I at at Impure Thinker (1970)
- Judaism of the pits Christianity (with Franz branch of rose) (1971)
- Out OF revolution. Autobiography OF Western one, Oxford (mountain) [/19381966] 1993, ISBN 0854963901 (break)/ ISBN 0854964002 (gb.)
- sociology Bd. 1: The forces of the community, Berlin 1925. I.: The supremacy of the areas, Stuttgart 1956, II.: The full number of the times, Stuttgart 1958
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Eugen Rosenstock Huessy in the catalog of the DDB
|NAME||Rosenstock Huessy, Eugen|
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||rose stick, Eugen|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German culture philosopher, lawyer, historian and sociologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||6. July 1888|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin, Germany|
|DYING DATE||24. February 1973|
|DYING PLACE||Norwich (Vermont), the USA|