Evangelist theology is a scientific discipline. The term Evangelist refers to the churches of the protest anti-mash, which came out from the reformation. In the Unterdisziplinen old will, new will, church and dogma history, systematics, practical theology are aimed at among other things in the study of the Bible finding and verkündigen the correct faith.
Evangelist theology does not only attach to the dogmas and symbols (like e.g. the Glaubensbekenntnis) of the old persons church on, but is also coined/shaped by the career/development of the large Reformatoren. To call particularly are Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli, Philipp Melanchthon, Johannes Calvin.
In particular the justification from the faith (sola fide) is a central Evangelist topic. In addition the reformation weighted any lack of the Scholastik more strongly and the emphasis of theology on the writing and “which Jesum drives” shifted (sola scriptura).
The western church splits in the Konfessionellen age into the Luthertum, the Calvinismus and the Roman catholicism. 1648 end in the Westfäli peace the dreissigjährige war. In 17. and 18. The Pietismus and the clearing-up develop for century. Many reformed, baptistische and pietistische Gläubige emigrated to America.
The fact that both George William Friedrich Hegel and Friedrich Schleiermacher taught at the again-created university of Berlin coined/shaped Evangelist theology likewise, like the proclamation that university Universities of (Evangelist church of the union) church of the Prussian king Friedrich William III. (Prussia). In the paging of theology after the First World War among other things dialectic theology develops.
Some important Evangelist theologians (for instance August gentleman Mr. Francke, Albrecht Ritschl, Ernst Troeltsch, Adolf von Harnack, Johann Hinrich Wichern, Friedrich Gogarten, Albert Schweitzer, Paul Tillich, Karl Barth, Rudolf Bultmann, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Dorothee should, John Stott and other one) particularly coined/shaped the picture of Evangelist theology.
Evangelist theology places itself church and the reformation to the topics of the old persons:
- What do we believe over some the God (tri rivet RK)?
- How is the person Jesu Christi to determine (Ariani controversy Monophysitismus, Jesus Christ, Jesus of Nazaret, Christology)?
- How are other “old” topics today correctly to understand (sin, hereditary sin, release, sky, hell, Prädestination and suitor will)?
- How is the Sakramente baptism and communion to be treated quite and used?
Central question of Luther was after a fair God.
New challenges to today's theology are Ökumene, church withdrawals, life ethics, fight against Antisemitismus and poverty, toolism (toolistic theology), the so-called. “Third world “and release theology.
- Heinz Zahrnt: The thing with God. (Classical authors in generally understandable form)
- Karl Josef Kuschel (Hrsg.): Desire at the realization: The theology 20. Jhd.. (ökumenisches reader)
- Hermann Fischer: Systematic theology: Conceptions and problems in 20. Jhd.. (Basic course theology), ISBN 3-17-010027-0