|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|surface:||43.52 km ²|
|inhabitants:||14.357 (31. December 2002)|
|Population density:||320 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||808 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||87629|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 47° 34 ' N, 10° 42 ' O 47° 34 ' N, 10° 42 ' O
|Kfz characteristics:||OAL (in former times FÜS)|
|city arrangement:||4 quarters|
of the city administration:
| Lechhalde 3|
|E-Mail address:||city administration (RK) fuessen.de|
|mayor:||Christian Gangl (CSU)|
Table of contents
to feet is because of the Lech in the general-outer. At the southernOutskirts of a town is the Lechfall; in the northeast the Lech flows into the Forggensee. Likewise in the area the hop lake and the white lake are appropriate for the city. The city consists of the Gemarkungen Eschach, feet, hop at the lake and white lake. With 808 meters and. NNfeet the high-altitude city is Bayerns.
history of basing roots into the Roman time . The place developed at the Roman road leading from north Italy to Augsburg via Claudia Augusta. Results from excavations on the Füssener lock mountain leftFoundations of a Roman castellet from that 5. Century recognize. Probably it however already gave a Roman military camp to 260 in the year here. Its name Foetibus is understood as Latinisierung of the Germanic fot (foot). From this the name of the place developed over Fozen (1147), Fozin (1188), Fuozzen (1206), Füzzen (1366) to today's “feet” (starting from 1424).
in the year 748 arranged Magnus, late than holy recognized Missionar from pc. Gallen, at the place a cell. From influx of further monks resulted in 8.Century the Benediktinerkloster pc. designated after it. Mang. At the same time a Frankish king yard was probably put on. The later Vogtei belonged initially to the Welfen and became starting from 1191 than one of the welfischen hereditary goods by purchase property of the Staufer. After their becoming extinct alsodeath Konrad in in Neapel (1268) the duchy Swabia dropped back to the realm.
meanwhile had developed at the Lech a settlement, which finally in 13. Century the extent of a substantial city, which had at that time largest in the general-outer.The award of municipal rights is not provable, but feet in a document of 1295 as city is mentioned.
Emperor Heinrich VII. pawned for a debt of 400 Marks silver area and place in the year 1313 to the bishop of Augsburg. The pledge never becamemore released, but by the imperial successors 1314 (Friedrich the beautiful one) and 1322 (Ludwig the Bavarian) in its existence accepts. With transmission of the full jurisdiction by emperors Karl IV. on high pin and diocese Augsburg the area of the Reichsvogtei feet becamefinally property of the fürstlichen Oberhirten.
From 1486 to 1505 Augsburger prince bishops built the “high lock” over the medieval city. The formerly lategothical castle plant became thereafter the summer residence of the religious gentlemen. In the Schmalkaldi war that became under catholic feet of a troop of the upper-German citiesthe Protestant land farmhand leader Sebastian Schertlin of Burtenbach to 10. July 1546 occupies. The today's monastic church developed in the years 1701 - 1726.
To 22. April 1745 attained the place briefly supraregional meaning. In peacetime of feet cure prince became Maximilian III. by Bayerns. Joseph thatRenouncement of validly made Austrian hereditary requirements avowedly and concomitantly the end of tried Bavarian great power politics seals before. Bavaria was now from of its father, emperor Karl VII. Albrecht, released Austrian succession war separated. To 6. May 1782 nächtigte Pope Pius VI., from Augsburgcoming, in the “high lock” on its return journey from Vienna to Rome.
As consequence of the secularization feet after the realm deputation main conclusion starting from 1803 part of the cure principality became Bavaria. An exception formed on the one hand the Barfüsserkloster, which 1803 remained with the German medal and from this 1805to Bavaria, on the other hand pc. was surrendered. Mang, which fell to the prince house Oettingen Wallerstein and only 1806 came to Bavaria.
A special meaning attained feet with the special handicraft of the Lautenmacher and playing the violin farmer settled here. Thus is considered to feet as the cradle of the professionally operated building of soundsin Europe. 1562 were created here also the oldest sound Mach he guild of Europe.
See articles reading and building of playing the violin in feet.
the town councillor consist of 24 members and the first mayor. In the town councillor the following parliamentary groups are represented:
|* CSU||of 9 seats|
|* SPD||of 5 seats|
|* FBB||of 2 seats|
|* FWF||3 seats|
|* Füs country||of 2 seats|
|* UBL/BLF 2000/ FDP||3 seats|
partnerships between cities
development of the city
White lake is on 850 m over NN and is no closed local part, but consists of following local parts: Brook valley, Benken, fire, Hinteregg, yard, stroke, Hubmannsegg, Moos, black brook, lake, Spöttel, valley, Unterdeutsch, Vorderegg, white lake, Wiedmar, white,Wörth.
culture and objects of interest
state gallery in the high lock
in the north wing of the lategothical high lock, the residence of the prince bishops of Augsburg, is a branch gallery of the Bavarian state painting collections.
Here lategothical board pictures add themselves andSculptures into the former residence areas and offer an overview of the art for the turn of an era 15. and 16. Century in the general-outer and in Swabia.
The so-called knight's hall with its splendid coffered ceiling, with the reliefs of the diocese-holy Ulrich, Afra is particularly worth seeing and Simpert and the nut/mother God. Glass paintings of Hans's getting leg the older one and Hans Burgkmair the older one leave the cultural bloom in feet at present to emperors Maximilians I. suspect.
urban picture gallery
likewise in the north wing of the high lock is the urban picture gallery accommodated. In particular is it the art 19. Century dedicated, the “resident of Munich painter school” with paintings of Carl pointed way, Franz of Defregger and in feet the deceased artist Oskar Freiwirth Lützow (1862 - 1925).
The graphic work of Franz count von Pocci (1807 - 1876) from the Pocciana collection inFamily estate is shown in drawing of a bill.
The artistic work of the culture and art winners of the city feet Percy of ring (1901 - 1994) and Gottfried gentleman man (1907 - 2002) is to be seen here.
museum of the city feet
in the Südtrakt of the former Benediktinerklosters pc. Mang findsitself the again furnished, already 1913 created museum of the city feet.
The building forms the emphasis of the museum. The meaning of the monastery pc. Mang lies in its conception as baroque synthesis of the arts and at the same time in the received remainders of the medieval plant. The baroque representation rooms of theMonastery are enclosed into the museum round course. From the excavated medieval cloister one arrives into the Anna chapel with the famous Füssener dead dance of Jakob Hiebeler from the year 1602. In the city-historical department the history of the Füssener of reading and building of playing the violin is documented. See articles reading andBuilding of playing the violin in feet.
- high lock feet
- monastery sank Mang feet: The former Benediktinerkloster pc. Mang is enough back upworking hl.Magnus around 750 in feet. But the today's baroque monastery became between 1697 - 1726 establishes. The great symmetrically arranged baroque plant planned the native building master Johann Jakob Herkomer (1652 - 1717), which experienced its architecture training however particularly in Venice. Thus seizeshere Italian seeming style the viewer. The “prince hall” forms the point of gloss of the plant with its richly stuckierten and freskierten equipment, which the interior decorator Andrea Maini planned and which arranged Kemptener yard painter Franz George Hermann. The rich picture program underlines the meaning of the abbey as religiousand lay center in the Füssener country. Already in 18. Century was estimated the plant as remarkable, particularly also the original arrangement of library and refectory (Speisesaal) in the Südtrakt.
- Festspielhaus new swan stone (formerly musical theatre new swan stone)
- lock new swan stone in neighbouring swan gau
(seealso list of names of important Füssener music instrument farmer in the article „reading and building of playing the violin in feet “and abbott list in the article „monastery sank Mang feet “)
- Julius Berger (* 1954 in Augsburg), Cellist
- Johann George Fischer (* 21. January 1673 in market upper village - † 26. April 1747in feet) master of building of baroque
- Franz Josef Eichele (* March 1809 in a resin with Immenstadt - † 5. October 1876 in Immenstadt) manufacturer
- George pouring bread (* around 1445 - † 1502), imperial male nurses on honour mountain
- Johann Jakob Herkomer (* 1652 in Sameister - † 27. October 1717in feet), master of building of baroque, painter, Stukkateur
- Gottfried gentleman man (* 23. July 1907 in attaining - † 27. December 2002 in swan gau), Painter
- Jakob Hiebeler (* around 1560 in Obergünzburg - † around 1625 in feet), painter
- Andreas hunter (* around 1704 in Rosshaupten - † 24.April 1773 in feet), organ farmer
- Oskar Freiwirth Lützow (* 12. May 1862 in Moscow - † 3. May 1925 in putrid brook Feet), painter
- Magnus, hl. († around 750 in feet), a settler
- Leopold Natterer OSB (* 6. December 1732 in Niederhofen with feet - †6. October 1806), Botaniker
- Joseph Pröbstl (* 19. May 1798 in wells with swan gau - † 3. September 1866 in feet), organ farmer
- Percy of ring (* 30. December 1901 in Riga - † 18. January 1994 in feet), painter
- Franz Xaver sea-lot, sl. (* 11. January1819 in feet - † 6. October 1867 in new Orleans), Missionar, blessedly of Pope Johannes Paul II. to 09. April 2000
- Basilius Sinner OSB (* 15. February 1745 in Enkenhofen - † 8. March 1827 into Wallerstein), universal scholar
- Anton storm (* 30. May 16901847 in Faggen, Pfarrei Prutz, Tirol - † 25. October 1757 in feet), sculptors
- Hermann Wegscheider (* 26. March 1880 in Wank, Nesselwang - † 18. May 1941 in the KZ fin-vouch), resistance fighter
- Raphael Rainer of Thurn and taxi (*30. May 1906 in Regensburg - +8. June 1993 in swan gau), prince von Thurn and Taxis
sons and daughters of the city
- Philipp Jakob Baudrexel (* 2. May 1627 in feet - † 23. March 1691 in Mainz), yard and Domkapellmeister, composer
- Konrad Bernhard (* 13. January 1801 inFeet - † 8. September 1861 in Ingenried), homeland historian
- Magnus Bernhard OSB (* 17. April 1825 in feet - † 4. August 1882 in Ottobeuren), librarian
- Richard Bletschacher (* 23. June 1936), Musikwissenschafter and man of letters
- Maria Barbara Fellner OFM (* 26. September 1688 in feet- † 6. July 1765 in Speyer), Äbtissin
- Joachim Fendt OSB (* around 1513 in feet - † 22. January 1553 in Thierhaupten), abbott
- Franz Karl Fischer (* 4. November 1710 in feet - †), master of building of baroque
- Johann Martin Fischer (* 2. November 1740 inBebele with hop - † 27. April 1820 in Vienna), sculptors
- Joseph Fischer (* 15. March 1704 in putrid brook - † 3. October 1771 in spruce field, Hungary), Stuckateur
- Günther Förg (* 5. December 1952 in feet), painter, photographer
- Ulrich Freyberger OSB (* 8. October 1617in feet - † 22. March 1681 in pc. Georgen), professor of theology
- Burkard ford brook OSB (* 1544 in feet - † 19. August 1599 in Vienna), abbott
- Martin ford brook (16. Jh. in feet), chronicler
- Thomas Greiss (* 29. January 1986 in feet), German ice hockey player
- Michael Greis (* 18. August 1976), German Biathlet
- George Guggemos (* 8. March 1890 in white lake - † 13. October 1979 in feet), homeland historian
- Magnus Heel OSB (* 10. November 1654 in feet - † 1711 in Neresheim), abbott
- Edmund welfare and OSB (* 16. January1713 in feet - † 13. August 1789 in Neresheim), university professor
- Placidus Hieber (* 22. October 1615 in feet - † 12. September 1678 in Lambach, Austria), abbott
- Placidus cellar OSB (* 8. September 1754 in feet - † 1831 in back wood), monastery historian
- Arduin HeinrichSmall Hans OFM (* 1. October 1882 in feet - † probably in Rome), theologian
- max of Koegel (* 16. October 1895 in feet - † June 1946 in Nuremberg, in American detention), commander of the concentration camp fin-vouch
- Philipp Jakob Kögel (* around 1650 in feet - †30. December 1714 in Dillingen), fürstbischöflicher chancellor
- Jakob king (* around 1536 in feet - † around 1600 probably in Prague), Goldschmied, art publisher, art dealer
- Pius Kolb OSB (* 1712 in feet - † 1762 in pc. Gallen, Switzerland), monastery historian
- Maria Bernarda Kohl dog, (* in feet- † in monastery holy cross valley), Äbtissin
- Simpert shopkeeper (* 22. October 1679 in white lake - † 14. January 1753 in Edelstetten), master of building of baroque
- Benedikt Lechler OSB (* 24. April 1594 in feet - † 18. January 1659 in Kremsmünster), director of music, composer
- Jörg Lederer (* around 1470in feet or Kaufbeuren - † around 1550 in Kaufbeuren), Bildschnitzer
- Alois Mayer (* 3. March 1855 in feet - † 7. October 1936 in Munich), sculptors
- Jörg Mayr (* 3. January 1970 in feet), ehem. German ice hockey national player
- Franz Xaver Pelle (* 4. December 1746in feet - † 1821 in Reutte), Provinzialoberer of the Franziskaner
- Balthasar Pröbstl (* 2, February 1830 in feet - † 10. October 1895 daselbst), organ farmer
- Gottfried Rether (* in feet - † around 1680), rehearse
- Karl von Schicker (* 1847 in feet - † 1907in Stuttgart), Council of State
- Gall Heinrich forge from wave stone (* 1637 in feet), general being awake master
- Gilbert forge from wave stone OPraem (* 1636 in feet - † 17. October 1684 in Steingaden), abbott
- Magnus forge from wave stone OSB (* 17. January 1641 in feet - † 6. September1723 in Fultenbach), abbott
- Anselm Schwab SOCist (* 10. January 1713 in feet - † 22. May 1778 in the monastery Salem), Reichsprälat
- Hans black brook (* around 1560 in feet - † around 1606), organ farmer
- Franz Anton Schweikart OSB (* 14. August 1724 in feet -† 30. December 1787 in Ottobeuren), professor of theology
- Thomas Seitz (* late 17. Jh. in Eschach with feet - † center 18. Jh.), sculptor, Stukkateur
- George Spaiser S.J. (* 1594 in feet - † 1669), Jesuitenoberer, poet
- Benedikt Maria of foreman (* 22. October1745 in feet - † 16. July 1823 in Stuttgart), professor, Hofprediger, reconnaissance aircraft
- ice hockey association EV feet
- emperors Maximilian knight to feet registered association. Maximilian knight
literature and maps
- feet, in: Meyers encyclopedia, 4.Aufl. 1888-89, Bd. 6, S. 802.
- Feistle, materials for the history of the city feet (feet 1861).
- Compass maps: Feet, Ausserfern:
- Moving, radtouren and long route card. With panorama. 1 : 50.000. 29. Aufl. 2003. Hatchet.: Compass encyclopedia.
- ISBN 3-85491-006-1, KNO-NR: 00 31 25 46 6,95 EUR
- GENERAL GERMAN AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATIONCity plans: Feet:
- With Citypl., wheel and. Moving ways as well as large Umgebungskte. 1 : 15.000. Running time until 2002.
- ISBN 3-8264-0147-6, KNO-NR: 05 66 32 40 - GENERAL GERMAN AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION 4,95 EUR
- topographic maps Bavaria: Bl.10 feet and environment:
- With moving and. Cycle paths and. Lattice f. Government inspection department user. 1 : 50.000.Expenditure. 2000.
- ISBN 3-86038-013-3, KNO-NR: 06 63 80 53 - BAVARIAN OFFICE FOR LAND SURVEYING 6,60 EUR
Lech -- Tegelberg -- Säuling -- Federal motorway 7 -- Federal highway 16 -- Federal highway 17 -- -- Federal highway 310 -- Federal highway 309 -- Bunting mountains -- Romantic road -- New swan stone -- High swan gau -- Forggensee -- Swan gau-- Pfronten
Web on the left of
- official Internet operational readiness level of the city
- quarter bath putrid brook
- quarter white lake
- quarter hop at the lake
- Festspielhaus new swan stone
- of local power suppliers: Power stations Reutte GmbH & CoKg
- feet: Coat of arms history of the HdBG
Aitrang | Baisweil | Bidingen | Biessenhofen | Book RST | Eggenthal | Iron mountain | Friesenried | Feet | Germaringen | Görisried | Günzach | Halblech | Hopferau | Irsee | Jengen | Cold valley | Kraftisried | Lamerdingen | Lechbruck at the lake | Lengenwang | Market upper village | Mauerstetten | Nesselwang | Obergünzburg | Upper east village | Osterzell | Pforzen | Pfronten | Saving brook a.Auerberg | Rieden | Rieden at the Forggensee | Ronsberg | Rosshaupten | Back wood | Ruderatshofen | Swan gau | Seeg | Stötten a.Auerberg | Stöttwang | Unterthingau | Untrasried | Waal | Forest | West village