|of these articles is occupied with the Vorarlberger city Feldkirch. For the place of the same name in the Elsass see Feldkirch (skin Rhin).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Vorarlberg|
|surface:||34.00 km ²|
|inhabitant (HWS):||29.577 (30. September 2004)|
|Inhabitant (HWS + NWS):||31.458 (30. December 2005)|
|Population density:||870 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||459 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||6800|
|geographical location:|| |
Coordinates: 47° 14 ′ N, 9° 36 ′ O 47° 14 ′ N, 9° 36 ′ O
|Kfz characteristics:||Fiber plastic|
|official municipality characteristic number:||80404|
|Arrangement of the city:||7 local parts|
|address of the city administration:|| Forging lane 1-3|
|mayor:||Likes. Wilfried Berchtold (ÖVP)|
Table of contents
the city became already in the antique one (Roman name Clunia) settled and for the first time in „RA tables the arable “- a possession listing of 842 - one mentions. 1218 are Feldkirch for the first time documentary as city mentioned, after count Hugo von Montfort the shade castle, who had built landmarks of the city. 1375 were acquired the city by the having citizensand the most important commercial town was in Vorarlberg.1925 came it to an enlargement by the incorporation of Levis, old person city, Gisingen, Nofels, Tosters and Tisis.
Feldkirch has one of the best received medieval townscapes of Vorarlberg.
Until today Feldkirch is seatnumerous national institutions (national court, financial national management, national hospital, national conservatoire) and therefore also secret capital Vorarlbergs is called.
objects of interest
- the shade castle was master seat of the counts von Montfort until 1390. The first building phase began around 1230 under Hugo I. of Montfort, the founder of the city.Under count Friedrich von Toggenburg (1416-1436) and under the Vogt Hans von Königsegg became in 15. Century removals and transformations of the shade castle accomplished. After the excerpt of the Vogteiamtes the castle was written out several times for auction and 1813 should be even broken off it. Since 1825 are the shade castle in the possession of the city Feldkirch, which acquired these at that time by 833 guldens. The shade castle served now as barracks and later than Armenquartier.Die rescue and revival owes the castle that 1912 to created museum and preservation of regional tradition association for Feldkirch and environment. In the areas ebenerdig lainbeherbergt die Burg eine Schlosswirtschaft, in den Obergeschossen wird ein Heimatmuseum betrieben, das jährlich ca. 25,000 guests attracts.
- The cathedral church pc. Nikolaus is for the first time 1287 mentioned. The originally Roman building is damaged by city fires (1348 , 1398 , 1460) heavily. The lategothical New building was locked 1478. The cathedral church is the most important gothical church Vorarlbergs.
- the achtgeschossige round cat tower became in the course of the city attachment under the government emperor Maximilians I. from 1491-1507 builds. In 17. Century was developed the bell room for the large bell (largest in Vorarlberg).The tower was provided with a Marienbild, in 19. Century was restored by Florus cross-eyed. The name comes from cats (weapon) in the military tower was accommodated.
- The national conservatoire was seat of the world-famous private High School of the Jesuiten „Stella Matutina “. The impressive building became 1900/01 of the medal provides, which had already come 1649 to Feldkirch. 1938 were closed the High School by the LV regime and used as realm financial school - later than military hospital -. The Kolleg was opened 1946 again and existed until 1979. Since 1977 the building accommodates the national music conservatoirefor Vorarlberg, at which today over 400 students to the study follow to the music.
- Palace Liechtenstein
- powder tower
- old person Stadtmauer (Churertor)
- Tostner castle
of quarters (urban districts)
- Feldkirch (2,964 inhabitants)
- Levis (2,308 inhabitants)
- old person city (4,213 inhabitants)
- Gisingen (7,956 inhabitants)
- Nofels (3,538 inhabitants)
- Tosters (4,944 inhabitants)
- Tisis (4,808 inhabitants)
economics and infrastructure
Feldkirch possess a city bus system with z since 1993. Time. 8 lines.
by deadline 15. 1,464 enterprises employed May 2001 - of it 5 large-scale enterprises with more than 200 eachCoworkers - in Feldkirch of 13,146 coworkers.
- Brook man electronics
- Vorarlberg milk
- Lingenhöle technology
- of public utilities Feldkirch
- KSW gas station and building of industrial plants
- building cleaning farmer
- xactdata software GmbH
- federal High School and federal material High School Feldkirch (based 1649)
- federal commercial academy and federal professional school Feldkirch
- federal upper stage material High School and federal material High School Schillerstrasse (GYS)
- Institut pc. Josef
- School of music of the city Feldkirch
- Vorarlberger national conservatoire
of sons and daughters of the city
- Bartholomäus Bernhardi (1487-1551), lutherischer theologian
- George Joachim Rheticus (1514-1574), mathematician and astronomer
- Karl Bleyle (1880-1969), musician and composer
- Elmar Fischer (* 1936), Generalvikar and bishop of the Diözese Feldkirch
- Bernhard Leitner (*1938), artist
- P. George Sporschill SJ (*1946), Sozialseelsorger
- Wiltrud Drexel (* 1950), Skirennläuferin
- Günther Friday (* 1952), writer
- harsh ore Bosch (* 1954), politician and member of the European parliament
- Hans wine gardner (* 1970), author, director and film producer
- tennis club Swietelsky blue white Feldkirch
- TSV old person city
- fiber plastic blue white Feldkirch
- EHC Feldkirch 2000 (ice hockey)
- baseball and soft ball association Feldkirch Cardinals
- Feldkirch Baskets