Fernando Ortíz Fernández
Fernando Ortíz Fernández (* 16. July 1881 in Havanna in Cuba; † 10. April 1969 in Havanna in Cuba) was a Cuban scientist, politician and a lawyer. It is considered as a founder of the Cuban anthropology and Musikethnologie. In this function he was an instructor of a whole generation of modern Cuban Anthropologen. It made itself in addition a name as an author of kriminologischer and historiographischer writings.
Fernando Ortíz, or simply Don Fernando, was born in Havanna and spent its childhood in Menorca in Spain. 1895 it returns to Havanna, where it begins law studies. It terminates the study in Barcelona in Spain and acquires in Madrid the doctor title.
F. Ortíz steps into the diplomatic service and is consul in La Coruña, Geneva and Marseille. 1906 he becomes a lawyer with the Cuban audit office, 1908 professor of the rights in Havanna, where he teaches public right , political economics and constitutional law. 1914 he is joint founder of the Cuban people university. From 1917 on it is ten years long delegates in the Cuban parliament for the liberal a party. 1931 must look for Fernando Ortíz exile in the USA, because he had turned in a communist manifesto against the Cuban dictator Gerardo Machado. 1933, after the fall Machados, he returns again to Cuba. 1949 are an establishment president of the Cuban peace movement.
Because of its innovative research Fernando Ortíz is called also „third discoverer of Cuba “(after the Indios and Christoph Kolumbus).
One its pupil is the Cuban Anthropologe and writer Miguel Barnet, which leads today the donation Fernando Ortíz.
joint founders of the:
- Revista Bimestre Cubana (Cuban two-monthly magazine)
- Archivos del Folklore Cubano (archives for Cuban folklore)
- Estudios Afrocubanos (Afrokubani studies)
- La hampa afrocubana: Loosely negros brujos (the afrokubanische underworld: The black Hexer, 1902)
- read rebelliones de loosely afro cubanos (Afrokubani rebellions, 1910)
- Entre cubanos: psicologia tropical (under Kubanern: Tropical psychology, 1913)
- Hampa afro cubana: Loosely negros esclavos (the afrokubanische underworld: The black slaves, 1916)
- La Fiesta afrocubana del “dia. de Reyes” (the afrokubanische celebration “day of the kings”, 1920)
- Historia de la arqueologia indocubana (history of the indokubanischen archaeology, 1922)
- Glosario de afronegrismos (Black African glossary, 1924)
- Glosario de Cubanismos (glossary of the Cubaisms, 1924)
- Contrapunteo cubano del tobaco y el azucar (Cuba: Counterpoint of the tobacco and the sugar, 1940)
- Marti y read razas (Martí and the race question, 1942)
- read cuatro culturas indias de Cuba (the four indianischen cultures of Cuba, 1943)
- El engaño de read razas (the race fraud, 1945)
- El huracán, CSU mitologia y sus símboles (the hurricane, its mythology and symbols, 1950)
- lot Bailes y el teatro de loosely negros EN el folklore de Cuba (dances and theatres of the black ones in the Cuban folklore, 1951)
- La africania de la musica afrocubana (the African in the afrokubanischen music, 1955)
- lot instrumentos de la musica afrocubana (the instruments of the afrokubanischen music, 1955)
- Historia de una pelea cubana demonios (history of a Cuban fight against the Dämonen, 1959) after its
death appeared versus loose:
- bio bibliografia de Fernando Ortiz (bio bibliography of the Fernando Ortíz, 1973)
- lot negros curros (black Dandies, 1986)
Web on the left of
- http://www.fgbueno.es/ortiz.htm, spanischsprachige Website of the donation Fernando Ortíz in Havanna
|NAME||Ortíz Fernández, Fernando|
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||Fernando Ortíz|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of Cuban scientists, politicians and lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||16. July 1881|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Havanna, Cuba|
|DYING DATE||10. April 1969|
|DYING PLACE||Havanna, Cuba|