the film theory strives for a theoretical understanding of the film. Since film gives it as art , when medium can be understood or also as commodity, accordingly aesthetic, communication-theoretical and economic film theories. Differences to become to be able also theories,those the accent rather on the film production put, from prescription ion theories, which are concerned with the effect of the film on the spectator.
Well-known film-theoretical beginnings are:
- The category theory, which tries thing in common between films to work out and these to category grouped.
- The Auteur theory, which seeks to recognize the handwriting of the artist/author/director in films.
- Tool sneezing tables film theory
- Psychoanalyti film theory
- the Filmsemiologie, which understands the film as plotting system.
- Neoformalisti film theory
- apparatus US theory
table of contents
important film theoreticians
- Rudolf Arnheim
- Béla Balázs
- André Bazin
- David on-boardwave
- Seymour Chatman
- Gilles Deleuze
- Tom Gunning
- Siegfried Kracauer
- Christian Metz
- Laura Mulvey
- Kristin Thompson
- Sergei Michailowitsch iron stone
- Gertrud cook
- Teresa de Lauretis
- Vivian Sobchack
- Franz Josef Albersmaier, texts for the theory of the film, Stuttgart: Reclam, 5. , durchges. and edition extended 1999
- Béla Balázs, visible humans (1924), Frankfurt/Main: Suhrkamp 2001
- André Bazin, which is film? , Berlin: Alexander publishing house 2002
- Siegfried Kracauer, theory of theFilm, Frankfurt/Main: Suhrkamp 2001
- Anke Marie Lohmeier, Hermeneuti theory of the film. Tübingen: Niemeyer 1996.
- Jürgen Felix, Moderne film theory, Mainz: To Bender 2002
Web on the left of
- Helmut H. Diederichs, early history of German film theory Habilitationsschrift